If they let Poona get away, I"m going to be pissed.

ivotuk

Reaction score
They got damn lucky picking him up as an UDFA, which means they didn't value him properly. Well, they've found out recently that they need to be aware of players that don't fit their hard and fast rules!

Hello, D.J. Reed!

Poona is a wrecking ball, and should come at a reasonable cost, so please don't weaken this defense further be not valuing Poona properly...again!

nanomoz

Reaction score
I've been wondering why I haven't heard about any RFA tender. Tomorrow at 4 p.m. EST is the deadline.

sutz

Reaction score
nanomoz":1r5bikv6 said:
I've been wondering why I haven't heard about any RFA tender. Tomorrow at 4 p.m. EST is the deadline.
They may be trying to negotiate a long term contract. Don't need the tender if they can get that done. Presumably, it would be for more than the tender amount, too.

Fade

Reaction score
ivotuk":17cn9e6v said:
They got damn lucky picking him up as an UDFA, which means they didn't value him properly. Well, they've found out recently that they need to be aware of players that don't fit their hard and fast rules!

Hello, D.J. Reed!

Poona is a wrecking ball, and should come at a reasonable cost, so please don't weaken this defense further be not valuing Poona properly...again!

Agreed.

If feels like the Seahawks are always dragging ass on extending and tendering their guys, it's weird.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Fade":3oagnc3z said:
ivotuk":3oagnc3z said:

Hello, D.J. Reed!

Agreed.

If feels like the Seahawks are always dragging ass on extending and tendering their guys, it's weird.
I'm very confused as to what their strategy is going into FA.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The Hawks have until 4 p.m. ET tomorrow to tender Poona as a RFA. We'll see by then what's up.

Poona at minimum is going to attract attention if he is given a RFR tender and as he was a UDFA the team to keep him would need to extend a 2nd round tender offer to him. That tender amount is in the range of $3.384 million, so it might make sense for the team to attempt to negotiate a longer dea with himl with guaranteed money that can be spread out over a few seasons instead of 1 and done and a bigger cap hit.

I doubt the team will allow him to 'get away".

Chawker

Reaction score
I've been wanting to address this issue for sometime now, in all the time poona ford has played for the Seahawks he has deflected one pass. This could be an addition bye subtraction, basically I'm saying "we need a taller nose tackle. Knocking down one pass per game would pay huge over the corse of a season.

Good I feel better now.

Cheers

jammerhawk

Reaction score
rotoworld.com report the seahawks have signed Poona to a 2 year extension.

POONA FORD
DL, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Seahawks signed DT Poona Ford to a two-year contract extension.

sutz

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1exeit7h said:

POONA FORD
DL, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Excellent. :2thumbs:

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3i643r53 said:

POONA FORD
DL, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Whoooo!!! :229031_thewave:

[Chawker] I've been wanting to address this issue for sometime now, in all the time poona ford has played for the Seahawks he has deflected one pass. This could be an addition bye subtraction, basically I'm saying "we need a taller nose tackle. Knocking down one pass per game would pay huge over the corse of a season.

Good I feel better now.

Cheers [Chawker]

You and me both buddy!! BTW, Poona's a DB? That explains a lot...

Jville

Reaction score
I'm ecstatic. I can exhale and breath again. This signing says a lot.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1371995439516516355[/tweet]

The 2021 defense is looking rather solid up the middle. Couldn't be happier with the early construction of a competitive 2021 defensive team. :2thumbs:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Love it. And the fact that Dunlap hasn't been swooped up yet is a good sign. Fingers crossed we can get him back here on a 2 or 3 year deal.