Statement on the passing of Rusty Tillman:

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/seahawksPR/status/1371949397517332486[/tweet]

James in PA

Reaction score
Aw man, I liked that dude. I remember watching Seahawks games on tv as a kid and seeing him really animated on the sidelines. He coached some really good special teams units. RIP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Rusty was one of the key coaches in our infancy. Always passionate and animated, the players loved playing for him. RIP Rusty, enjoy the best seats in the house.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He was a great ST coach and otherwise a great guy. Seahawks nation is poorer for his passing.

His players loved him and they played hard for him.

seabowl

Reaction score
I remember wanting him to eventually replace Knox. He had an infectious attitude and was a true Hawks great.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seahawks lost a ICON of the franchise, his years here were special, our special teams were dynamic, the trick plays and the return game was great.

Remember he was also a guy nobody wanted to run into when he played for the Redskins on Special teams and was a legend there as well.

RIP Rusty !

152302 780x1349

ivotuk

Reaction score
Dave WYman was a big fan of his too. Every now and then Dave will bring him up and talk glowingly about him.

I'm glad he's being recognized for his accomplishments. His Special Teams were part of the reason the Seahawks did so well back then

Seahawks Remember Longtime Assistant Coach Rusty Tillman

Rusty Tillman, who spent 16 seasons on Seattle’s coaching staff, passed away at the age of 75.

Rusty Tillman, the longest-tenured coach in franchise history who spent 16 seasons with the Seahawks, died Sunday at the age of 75.

A special teams standout as a player over an eight-year career with Washington, Tillman spent much of his coaching career in that same phase of the game, coaching Seattle's special teams units from 1979 to 1991 before being named the team's defensive coordinator.

https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks- ... ty-tillman

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Absolutely loved the man’s passion.
One of the all time great Hawks coaches.

RIP sir. :(