"Seahawks are not rebuilding."

John63

Reaction score
Maulbert":3sj3qyzd said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/dabearnecess/status/1371946685727870979[/tweet]

Sounds like the door to a Wilson trade was slammed shut by Pete, to me.

I'm quite glad of it, if true.

Yup and for the Hawk to say it you can bet Wilson and the hawks have talked and come to an accord.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Of course they aren’t rebuilding.

They aren’t doing anything except signing one backup CB.

Own The West

Reaction score
Wilson was never going anywhere. His contract has $39M in dead money this year. Next year it goes down to $26M.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Maulbert":1soac6ri said:
JayhawkMike":1soac6ri said:

You miss the point. I wasn't making a declarative statement. I was quoting Rapaport.

Sorry for the snark. Keeping RW is the absolutely best choice for a lot of reasons I won’t derail this thread with.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":dg0rj00u said:
Maulbert":dg0rj00u said:
JayhawkMike":dg0rj00u said:

You miss the point. I wasn't making a declarative statement. I was quoting Rapaport.

Sorry for the snark. Keeping RW is the absolutely best choice for a lot of reasons I won’t derail this thread with.

Sorry. I get annoyed with a lot of the negativity towards the the Hawks because going to the playoffs almost every year isn't failure in my book. I look at the bleeping Mariners and I wonder how anyone can be pessimistic about the Seahawks.

Sea84hawks

Reaction score
Dang it!! I guess at least another year of "throw long bombs or take a sack" shit show!!

John63

Reaction score
Hawkpower":ye1zllax said:
12-4 Division champs typically dont (rebuild) ;)

They do if you trade a franchise qb.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Wilson hasn't been traded and it would seem that the team wasn't seriously or ever really interested in trading him. I still think Wilson's group going public with their grumbles hurt the team and may make acquiring top level FAs this season harder. I sure hope that some kind of peace has been made between the parties b/c the public declarations by Wilson's PR group certainly didn't help the team or Wilson either.

I'd sure hope the team has some plans to sign at least one FA OLineman.

It's very early yet and to those pouting about little FA activity remember OC Rodney Hudson only becme a desirable FA today when the Raiders cut him, acquiring him would not count against the comp. pick calculation. There will be other FAs added to the FA pile in the next few days as several teams struggle to get under the cap and make cuts. Keeping the powder d\ry for the right moves is conventionally smart.

Tinamedina

Reaction score
wilson wants to go, forcing him to stay is not going to make it better lol a good coach would know this already. its amazing what an ego will do to a person.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
Tinamedina":2oiyteww said:
wilson wants to go, forcing him to stay is not going to make it better lol a good coach would know this already. its amazing what an ego will do to a person.

Like you claiming to know what Russ wants when he hasn't said so in the slightest.

John63

Reaction score
Maulbert":29o3x1h7 said:
Tinamedina":29o3x1h7 said:

Like you claiming to know what Russ wants when he hasn't said so in the slightest.

He actually said he wanted to stay. Never said he wanted to go.

GaiusMarius

Reaction score
Maulbert":12ecxu4c said:
Tinamedina":12ecxu4c said:

If that is true, why supply a list of teams you will accept a trade to? Is that something a QB does when they're set on staying? Have you also not seen enough of Wilson to understand his Nice Guy image? The above comment I would expect from someone who hasn't listened to Wilson during his time with the Hawks. He has a "persona" in case you haven't noticed.

Listen, I get that losing Wilson would be devastating to the team.
I get that we don't like facing that Wilson doesn't sound happy.
I also get that him being traded is unlikely with Chicago having pulled out.
I get we like pretending that the status quo is peachy.

Unless the Seahawks make a bold move with Wilson (like extending him) next season will be a nonstop train of questions like...

"Russ, did you feel like you were allowed to pass enough?"
"How do you feel about the O Line after taking 4 sacks today?"
"Would you have liked to switch to an up tempo offense earlier since you only lost by 3?"

The problem is that we have 2 camps of fans. Camp 1 thinks that Wilson hates everything in Seattle and wants out NOW. Camp 2 thinks there is nothing to see here at all and because a possible trade fell through that means everything is a-okay.

Reality is somewhere in the middle.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
John63":1vr5hld9 said:
Hawkpower":1vr5hld9 said:
12-4 Division champs typically dont (rebuild) ;)

They do if you trade a franchise qb.

the headline read: We aren't rebuilding, therefore we WONT BE TRADING HIM TO YOU.

Sweet Jesus man.... :lol:

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Maulbert":3qik4g1i said:
Tinamedina":3qik4g1i said:

Hey Boss....I want to work here I dont want to leave!! and here are four companies I wouldn't mind you transferring me to

those two thoughts seem to be at odds.....

John63

Reaction score
GaiusMarius":20u7jsv0 said:
Maulbert":20u7jsv0 said:
Tinamedina":20u7jsv0 said:

If that is true, why supply a list of teams you will accept a trade to? Is that something a QB does when they're set on staying? Have you also not seen enough of Wilson to understand his Nice Guy image? The above comment I would expect from someone who hasn't listened to Wilson during his time with the Hawks. He has a "persona" in case you haven't noticed.

Listen, I get that losing Wilson would be devastating to the team.
I get that we don't like facing that Wilson doesn't sound happy.
I also get that him being traded is unlikely with Chicago having pulled out.
I get we like pretending that the status quo is peachy.

Unless the Seahawks make a bold move with Wilson (like extending him) next season will be a nonstop train of questions like...

"Russ, did you feel like you were allowed to pass enough?"
"How do you feel about the O Line after taking 4 sacks today?"
"Would you have liked to switch to an up tempo offense earlier since you only lost by 3?"

The problem is that we have 2 camps of fans. Camp 1 thinks that Wilson hates everything in Seattle and wants out NOW. Camp 2 thinks there is nothing to see here at all and because a possible trade fell through that means everything is a-okay.

Reality is somewhere in the middle.

He didn't though. Wilson did not provide anything. Wilson did say he wanted to stay in Seattle