Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seahawks sign TE Gerald Everett from Rams

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Harold Seattle wrote:I think the signing was a decent move. Expensive? Well that relative, given the cap situation it was costly, however compared to what the Patriots paid Jonnu Smith it's a deal. What makes it frustrating is the needs at OL and DL and no clear path to fix those this season thus far. Think most folks feel the line on both sides should be addressed first and I think the Seahawks are bidding their time because of all the cash thrown at linemen early on. Look at what the 49ers gave Trent Williams, kind of obscene and risky as heck.

The free agency period is in its infancy, and they've already made a decisive move to improve the guard position. There's really no reason to rush.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Everett, Cook, and Chris Manhertz all got 1yr @$6M. Of the three, I think Everett is the best value -- and he knows our system.
    Own The West
    NET Veteran

• Own The West wrote:Everett, Cook, and Chris Manhertz all got 1yr @$6M. Of the three, I think Everett is the best value -- and he knows our system.

He's underrated. 4.6 speed, can make tough catches, and is a threat after the catch. Him already knowing the new concepts is going to be quite valuable, too. Should help out on third down.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• "Should help out on third down."
    Lord knows we need that!
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

• I was disappointed in the use of tight ends last year .............................

....................................... I'm optimistic that is about to change with an introduction of a new offense.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Wenhawk wrote:I think this makes sense and is a good fit for us. I would have preferred a 2 or 3 year deal. This makes him the 17th highest paid TE in the league and on the similar pay to Cameron Brate, Nick Boyle, Tyler Kroft, CJ Uzomah, Eric Ebron Blake Jarwin.

Good Size - 6'3" 240lbs
    Good Age - 26
    Good Metrics - 4.6 (40) and 37.5 (vert)
    Familiar with New Coordinators system

As a former 2nd round pick he is really just starting to show his full potential.
    Has shown improvement each season with increased catches and yards.

Wouldnt 6'3' ,240 be undersized ?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:
    Wenhawk wrote:I think this makes sense and is a good fit for us. I would have preferred a 2 or 3 year deal. This makes him the 17th highest paid TE in the league and on the similar pay to Cameron Brate, Nick Boyle, Tyler Kroft, CJ Uzomah, Eric Ebron Blake Jarwin.

Good Size - 6'3" 240lbs
    Good Age - 26

As a former 2nd round pick he is really just starting to show his full potential.

It's good size. Especially for a movement tight end. Tyler Mabry, who signed a futures contract, is listed at 6"3" 247lb. A good movement tight end is what this new offense requires.

Our historically best small tight end was John Sawyer. He was listed at 6'-2" and 230lbs toward the end of his career in various archives. But he was actually 6' and maybe something approaching an inch and 215 lbs. He was a match up problem for opponent coverages. During his most effective seasons it was said his weight would slip to 205 lbs during games.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Any time we can take a good player from the Rams that's a win. We took one of there coaches now there TE . I'm still not convinced Stafford is going to be as good there as every one else is. He puts up good stats but he's not a great QB imo.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Jville wrote:
    toffee wrote:
    Wenhawk wrote:I think this makes sense and is a good fit for us. I would have preferred a 2 or 3 year deal. This makes him the 17th highest paid TE in the league and on the similar pay to Cameron Brate, Nick Boyle, Tyler Kroft, CJ Uzomah, Eric Ebron Blake Jarwin.

Good Size - 6'3" 240lbs
    Good Age - 26

It's good size. Especially for a movement tight end. Tyler Mabry, who signed a futures contract, is listed at 6"3" 247lb. A good movement tight end is what this new offense requires.

Our historically best small tight end was John Sawyer. He was listed at 6'-2" and 230lbs toward the end of his career in various archives. But he was actually 6' and maybe something approaching an inch and 215 lbs. He was a match up problem for opponent coverages. During his most effective seasons it was said his weight would slip to 205 lbs during games.
    He is almost the same size as DK,

toffee
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    toffee wrote:

Good Size - 6'3" 240lbs
    Good Age - 26

Very true. John Sawyer's career spanned from 1975-84. The game was much different than it is now.

That in no way diminishes his accomplishments. He was an 11th round pick in the 1975. Which pretty much would be an UDFA nowadays. Even so, he had a 10 year career in the NFL.
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

• hawkfan68 wrote:
    toffee wrote:
    Jville wrote:
    toffee wrote:

Very true. John Sawyer's career spanned from 1975-84. The game was much different than it is now.

That in no way diminishes his accomplishments. He was an 11th round pick in the 1975. Which pretty much would be an UDFA nowadays. Even so, he had a 10 year career in the NFL.
    Diminish? No, it made his achievement more remarkable.

toffee
    NET Veteran

• "He's got aggressive hands, and he can seem to always find a way to get open versus tight man-to-man coverage," Waldron said. "Then his ability once the ball's in his hand to make the first guy miss or break that first tackle has been something he's consistently been able to put on display since college and right on through at the NFL level. So it's a big asset as far as his ability to aggressively go attack the ball and then make something happen with it once it's in his hands." >>> https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks-sign-te-gerald-everett

Given that Everett didn't play football until his senior year in high school, it's note worthy how far he has come. At 26 years young, he has now entered his prime time. Looking forward to seeing him on the field with Carson and Wilson.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Cool, hope it works out seems like another weapon for the kitchen. I was getting bummed out by the signing by scanning through this thread, then I invested a little bit of time for unpaid research and am now happy about the signing. He is an athletic, strong and confident move tight end who will block.

This signing just makes me more bummed about Josh Gordon's inability to lay off the weed .. having 3 athletic move tight ends like Metcalf, Gordon and Everett would have been great for the kitchen but it is what it is.
    JPC4Days
    NET Practice Squad

• Northwest Seahawk wrote:Any time we can take a good player from the Rams that's a win. We took one of there coaches now there TE . I'm still not convinced Stafford is going to be as good there as every one else is. He puts up good stats but he's not a great QB imo.

Take? The Rams were not planning to re-sign him, so he was going somewhere else.

And, he's great. He'll be a good addition to your team, one of my favorite players.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• Northwest Seahawk wrote:Any time we can take a good player from the Rams that's a win. We took one of there coaches now there TE . I'm still not convinced Stafford is going to be as good there as every one else is. He puts up good stats but he's not a great QB imo.

Two of their coaches, actually. Wish we could add a defensive coach as well and make them have to overhaul their system because a division rival has their playbook.
    FattyKnuckle
    NET Rookie

• FattyKnuckle wrote:
    Northwest Seahawk wrote:Any time we can take a good player from the Rams that's a win. We took one of there coaches now there TE . I'm still not convinced Stafford is going to be as good there as every one else is. He puts up good stats but he's not a great QB imo.

Two of their coaches, actually. Wish we could add a defensive coach as well and make them have to overhaul their system because a division rival has their playbook.

Of course the down side is that the Rams now have our new playbook, too. :twisted:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Previous

It is currently Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:17 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information