Gabe Jackson traded to Hawks

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Tom Cable is going to Tom Cable. This paves the way for a line made up of defensive tackles, basketball players, and tight ends. It's all in the master plan.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I like the player. What round of draft pick?

I question whether he can also play tackle and center. He must be able to do them all

nwHawk

Reaction score
Hawks give up a 5th Rd in 2021.

Interesting. This tells me that they plan on using Damien Lewis at Center and putting Gabe Jackson at RG (where he played all of 2020).

Fade

Reaction score
Wow, dreams can come true! Rodney Hudson will make it complete. Let me dream.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":34gp7qqo said:
I like the player. What round of draft pick?

I question whether he can also play tackle and center. He must be able to do them all
He's going to be our LG I imagine. Our line looks like this currently: Duane Brown, Gabe Jackson, Ethan Procic, Lewis, Shell.

Huge upgrade at LG. Now all we need to do is replace Procic and we'll have the potential to have a great offensive line.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Hopefully some of the incessant whining will stop now.

Interesting pick-up. Gabe has primarily played the right side, so look for a possible move of Damien Lewis to center. Either that, or they could just plug him at RG and stay in the market for a C.

Keeping Pocic at C, who didn't play all that bad, with a better guard on the left side may just be good enough. The line really wasn't awful, so a small improvement coupled with a shift to a scheme that takes a ton of pressure off of them might be the ticket. I don't think it's a talent problem.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Fade":266459tl said:
Wow, dreams can come true! Rodney Hudson will make it complete. Let me dream.
Hudson is on the Cards right now.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
nwHawk":vqskuhjz said:
Hawks give up a 5th Rd in 2021.

Interesting. This tells me that they plan on using Damien Lewis at Center and putting Gabe Jackson at RG (where he played all of 2020).
I hope you're wrong. Why stunt the surprising growth of Lewis by changing positions after he thrived as a rookie? The would be very Tom Cable-ish.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3ne234d6 said:
So the Hawks current 2021 draft capital is now 3 picks?

2012 Russell would kill 2020 Russell in front of his own kids and eat his heart with a chianti and ask for seconds. - Optimus25 (1/9/2021)

You forgot the Fava beans, but you are correct. Someone before me said it. What is missing is the "Eye of the Tiger". He is all Rocky 2 Apollo Creed, or Rocky 3 Rocky all fat and coasting.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Lewis played well at C the one game he played there last season.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":eg633flz said:
Keeping Pocic at C, who didn't play all that bad, with a better guard on the left side may just be good enough. The line really wasn't awful, so a small improvement coupled with a shift to a scheme that takes a ton of pressure off of them might be the ticket. I don't think it's a talent problem.

Agreed on all points. Pocic really wasn't that bad and last years line was probably the best that there's been in the RW era.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I agree. I'd rather keep him at RG and let him be a road grater.

I do think he's a very good communicator and if moved to center he may end up being a stud there too.

renofox

Reaction score
Another genius move.

The Seahawks have drafted 1 good OL out of 50 tries. Lewis is the only young OL who has showed promise, and he plays RG.

Why do the Seahawks then give up one of their few draft picks on a mediocre RG (PFF 60's) with a salary of $9.6M due this year.

One less draft pick and now not even enough remaining cap to sign the few draft picks they have. No decent RB, no decent DE, no decent hole filling anywhere.

But at least they picked up a RG so now they have an extra one if they need it, or they can move the one young and promising OL they do have around until they find a position where he may be mediocre.

I thought that I would never see an offseason as bad as last years when they blew through $50M and got basically nothing to show for it. They appear to be rising to the challenge and may have the worst offseason in NFL history this year.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
renofox":1bhutkjg said:
Another genius move.

The Seahawks have drafted 1 good OL out of 50 tries. Lewis is the only young OL who has showed promise, and he plays RG.

Why do the Seahawks then give up one of their few draft picks on a mediocre RG (PFF 60's) with a salary of $9.6M due this year.

One less draft pick and now not even enough remaining cap to sign the few draft picks they have. No decent RB, no decent DE, no decent hole filling anywhere.

But at least they picked up a RG so now they have an extra one if they need it, or they can move the one young and promising OL they do have around until they find a position where he may be mediocre.

I thought that I would never see an offseason as bad as last years when they blew through $50M and got basically nothing to show for it. They appear to be rising to the challenge and may have the worst offseason in NFL history this year.
According to PFF he also gave up zero sacks. I imagine we're probably going to slot Jackson in as our LG.