Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2021 draft picks

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
2021 draft picks
Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:46 pm
  • For the upcoming draft, the Seahawks have 4 picks. They are a 2nd, 4th, 6th and 7th. Since Schneider has been GM he has never had fewer than 8 picks. This includes the 2019 draft where they entered draft day with 4 picks and parlayed them into 11 picks. Of course trading Frank Clark helped in the acquisition of additional picks. JS has his work cut out for himself this year.

    I clearly expect him to end this draft with more than 4 picks. It’s going to be fascinating to watch the process. It’s also going to be fun watching the meltdowns that will happen on this board when fans want player x chosen while JS trades that choice and chooses players Y and Z.

    I’m just surprised that more posters on this board don’t work in NFL personnel departments! :roll:
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2630
    Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:06 pm
    Location: Spokane


Re: 2021 draft picks
Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:39 pm
  • oldhawk I'm surprised you didn't put the :sarcasm_on: emoticon in your post prior to your last sentence. The eyeroll may have said enough though.

    Seems to me that nothing the team does this offseason will be good enough for the crew that want Pete's balls on a pike and JS move down the road despite being the best FO the team has ever had in it's entire history. They've consistently despite adversity of cap limitations or late draft picks given the Seahawks fans a competitive team. Lately the grumbles are well OK they may be competitive but they haven't won a SB since 2013 so that proves they suck. Or alternatively the repeatedly tiresome Pete is old-fashioned, has no new ideas, and would screw it all up if he actually had a good team rubbish.

    Some want the team to announce it's overall plan for the offseason so their opponents can head them off or they can can complain about it. In short the the team can never do anything right in their opinions. The record speaks to the contrary and changes are underway.

    I'm very curious about this draft and despite the limitations with picks believe we will again see JS create more draft magic to acquire bodies to compete for spots on the roster.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 7693
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:13 pm


Re: 2021 draft picks
Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:38 pm
  • I have said it about a dozen times, I expect re negotiated contracts and more F.A.'s than Draft picks this year, the whole Covid thing really messed up scouting and many players sat out also creating more questions about many.

    In FA you have film on guys and know their strengths and how they perform against NFL players.

    The question is can JS get enough cap space doing that and will players restructure.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 35367
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: 2021 draft picks
Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:09 pm
  • I think one year, we have to bite the bullet and take whatever picks we have and stay put and for the future, stop, absolutely, stop trading draft capital.

    I mean, Carroll, absolutely sucks at drafting now.

    We got so lucky, teams thought DK, was just all go and no show. See what I did there? Cause he’s really fast and can run a go route....

    Any ways, I guess it doesn’t really matter cause Carroll absolutely is terrible at drafting, why does it matter how few or a lot of picks Seattle has, Carroll doesn’t know how to draft quality players anyways....
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 1869
    Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:12 pm
    Location: Westcoastin’


Re: 2021 draft picks
Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:22 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:I think one year, we have to bite the bullet and take whatever picks we have and stay put and for the future, stop, absolutely, stop trading draft capital.

    I mean, Carroll, absolutely sucks at drafting now.

    We got so lucky, teams thought DK, was just all go and no show. See what I did there? Cause he’s really fast and can run a go route....

    Any ways, I guess it doesn’t really matter cause Carroll absolutely is terrible at drafting, why does it matter how few or a lot of picks Seattle has, Carroll doesn’t know how to draft quality players anyways....



    Absolutely terrible?? Im sorry are you trolling?

    The Seahawks have had the most success in franchise history with JS/PC drafting. Name me a player personnel department that's done better?

    Are JS/PC perfect? No!!! but the draft is a crap shoot!! PS - even our big first round misses (Ifedi and Carpenter are still getting paid to be in the NFL)

    Name me a player personnel dept you think doesn't have any misses and I'll pull the tape up and prove you wrong. I'll also show you that they haven't found a HOF qb in the 3rd, HOF MLB in the 2nd, etc. etc.etc.
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1898
    Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:32 am


Re: 2021 draft picks
Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:27 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:I have said it about a dozen times, I expect re negotiated contracts and more F.A.'s than Draft picks this year, the whole Covid thing really messed up scouting and many players sat out also creating more questions about many. In FA you have film on guys and know their strengths and how they perform against NFL players.

    So if uncertainty is higher, doesn't that mean there is a better than normal chance of good players slipping down the list and late round picks should be more valuable?
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4494
    Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:08 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: 2021 draft picks
Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:57 pm
  • AgentDib wrote:
    So if uncertainty is higher, doesn't that mean there is a better than normal chance of good players slipping down the list and late round picks should be more valuable?



    For sure, however if you can't easily assess the players, get correct medical info, and interview them in person then it becomes a bit of a crap shoot.

    Chris where is the team going to get the cap to do more FA deals? From what I read the available cap presently is now down to $1.7 million. I'm sure that more available will be created when the next big signing occurs but early FA deal usually costa lotta. There are limits though to how sensible it is to borrow against the future cap. Just saying'.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 7693
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:13 pm


Re: 2021 draft picks
Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:45 pm
  • This will be the most boring draft in Seahawks history.
    HawkNuts
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 592
    Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:34 pm


Re: 2021 draft picks
Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:48 pm
  • It's all in the eye of the beholder.

    I've enjoyed day 3 and the day after for many years now.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10113
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:49 pm


Re: 2021 draft picks
Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:34 pm
  • HawkNuts wrote:This will be the most boring draft in Seahawks history.


    Seahawks drafts are never boring. Especially with trader John Schneider in charge.
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2630
    Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:06 pm
    Location: Spokane


Re: 2021 draft picks
Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:47 pm
  • gowazzu02 wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:I think one year, we have to bite the bullet and take whatever picks we have and stay put and for the future, stop, absolutely, stop trading draft capital.

    I mean, Carroll, absolutely sucks at drafting now.

    We got so lucky, teams thought DK, was just all go and no show. See what I did there? Cause he’s really fast and can run a go route....

    Any ways, I guess it doesn’t really matter cause Carroll absolutely is terrible at drafting, why does it matter how few or a lot of picks Seattle has, Carroll doesn’t know how to draft quality players anyways....



    Absolutely terrible?? Im sorry are you trolling?

    The Seahawks have had the most success in franchise history with JS/PC drafting. Name me a player personnel department that's done better?

    Are JS/PC perfect? No!!! but the draft is a crap shoot!! PS - even our big first round misses (Ifedi and Carpenter are still getting paid to be in the NFL)

    Name me a player personnel dept you think doesn't have any misses and I'll pull the tape up and prove you wrong. I'll also show you that they haven't found a HOF qb in the 3rd, HOF MLB in the 2nd, etc. etc.etc.

    Not many hits after that Wilson and Wagner year that became top cornerstones in the program, sorry.

    You really can only say Metcalf as the next household name that they drafted. Frank Clark, Chris Carson, and to an extent Tyler Lockett. But not much more to replenish the talent Seattle lost after the super bowl defeat to the Patriots, and if you can name other key core players in recent drafts, I’m all ears, but yeah, it’s not much. Damien Lewis and Jordyn Brooks have a chance. But we will see.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 1869
    Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:12 pm
    Location: Westcoastin’


Re: 2021 draft picks
Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:01 pm
  • jammerhawk wrote:
    AgentDib wrote:
    So if uncertainty is higher, doesn't that mean there is a better than normal chance of good players slipping down the list and late round picks should be more valuable?



    For sure, however if you can't easily assess the players, get correct medical info, and interview them in person then it becomes a bit of a crap shoot.

    Chris where is the team going to get the cap to do more FA deals? From what I read the available cap presently is now down to $1.7 million. I'm sure that more available will be created when the next big signing occurs but early FA deal usually costa lotta. There are limits though to how sensible it is to borrow against the future cap. Just saying'.


    In rational circles, but Pete knows that his run of 1 and done in the playoffs is due to close, Wilson may have not been traded but he isn't the Poster / Choir boy anymore either, they have to almost go heavy in someway to do a couple things, appease Wilson, appease the Fans, appease Jody and Vulcan.

    The draft doesn't have the quantity of picks to miss this year, nor does it have placement to garner high profile guys, let alone my reasons above.

    Players are going to have to restructure or add years and stretch payments with bonus numbers. if John wants to add talent and depth. If your right 1.7 million won't cover Rookie draft picks and the camp roster.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 35367
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: 2021 draft picks
Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:25 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    gowazzu02 wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:I think one year, we have to bite the bullet and take whatever picks we have and stay put and for the future, stop, absolutely, stop trading draft capital.

    I mean, Carroll, absolutely sucks at drafting now.

    We got so lucky, teams thought DK, was just all go and no show. See what I did there? Cause he’s really fast and can run a go route....

    Any ways, I guess it doesn’t really matter cause Carroll absolutely is terrible at drafting, why does it matter how few or a lot of picks Seattle has, Carroll doesn’t know how to draft quality players anyways....



    Absolutely terrible?? Im sorry are you trolling?

    The Seahawks have had the most success in franchise history with JS/PC drafting. Name me a player personnel department that's done better?

    Are JS/PC perfect? No!!! but the draft is a crap shoot!! PS - even our big first round misses (Ifedi and Carpenter are still getting paid to be in the NFL)

    Name me a player personnel dept you think doesn't have any misses and I'll pull the tape up and prove you wrong. I'll also show you that they haven't found a HOF qb in the 3rd, HOF MLB in the 2nd, etc. etc.etc.

    Not many hits after that Wilson and Wagner year that became top cornerstones in the program, sorry.

    You really can only say Metcalf as the next household name that they drafted. Frank Clark, Chris Carson, and to an extent Tyler Lockett. But not much more to replenish the talent Seattle lost after the super bowl defeat to the Patriots, and if you can name other key core players in recent drafts, I’m all ears, but yeah, it’s not much. Damien Lewis and Jordyn Brooks have a chance. But we will see.

    You insinuate the neither Pete nor John have gotten any talent beyond Wagner & Wilson, and that B#11 $#!t....How about undrafted's like Poona Ford, & Doug Baldwin...5th round Sherman, 7th round Carson, and tell us all again where Kam Chancellor was taken...YOU are NOT a talent evaluator, for IF YOU WERE, you'd be working for some NFL Team.....Do you work for an NFL Team???, yeah, I didn't think so. :177692:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7553
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:48 pm


Re: 2021 draft picks
Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:02 am
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    gowazzu02 wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:I think one year, we have to bite the bullet and take whatever picks we have and stay put and for the future, stop, absolutely, stop trading draft capital.

    I mean, Carroll, absolutely sucks at drafting now.

    We got so lucky, teams thought DK, was just all go and no show. See what I did there? Cause he’s really fast and can run a go route....

    Any ways, I guess it doesn’t really matter cause Carroll absolutely is terrible at drafting, why does it matter how few or a lot of picks Seattle has, Carroll doesn’t know how to draft quality players anyways....



    Absolutely terrible?? Im sorry are you trolling?

    The Seahawks have had the most success in franchise history with JS/PC drafting. Name me a player personnel department that's done better?

    Are JS/PC perfect? No!!! but the draft is a crap shoot!! PS - even our big first round misses (Ifedi and Carpenter are still getting paid to be in the NFL)

    Name me a player personnel dept you think doesn't have any misses and I'll pull the tape up and prove you wrong. I'll also show you that they haven't found a HOF qb in the 3rd, HOF MLB in the 2nd, etc. etc.etc.

    Not many hits after that Wilson and Wagner year that became top cornerstones in the program, sorry.

    You really can only say Metcalf as the next household name that they drafted. Frank Clark, Chris Carson, and to an extent Tyler Lockett. But not much more to replenish the talent Seattle lost after the super bowl defeat to the Patriots, and if you can name other key core players in recent drafts, I’m all ears, but yeah, it’s not much. Damien Lewis and Jordyn Brooks have a chance. But we will see.

    You insinuate the neither Pete nor John have gotten any talent beyond Wagner & Wilson, and that B#11 $#!t....How about undrafted's like Poona Ford, & Doug Baldwin...5th round Sherman, 7th round Carson, and tell us all again where Kam Chancellor was taken...YOU are NOT a talent evaluator, for IF YOU WERE, you'd be working for some NFL Team.....Do you work for an NFL Team???, yeah, I didn't think so. :177692:



    Seems to me that there are a lot of posters on .net who think they have missed their calling as NFL talent evaluators.
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2630
    Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:06 pm
    Location: Spokane


Re: 2021 draft picks
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:59 am
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    gowazzu02 wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:I think one year, we have to bite the bullet and take whatever picks we have and stay put and for the future, stop, absolutely, stop trading draft capital.

    I mean, Carroll, absolutely sucks at drafting now.

    We got so lucky, teams thought DK, was just all go and no show. See what I did there? Cause he’s really fast and can run a go route....

    Any ways, I guess it doesn’t really matter cause Carroll absolutely is terrible at drafting, why does it matter how few or a lot of picks Seattle has, Carroll doesn’t know how to draft quality players anyways....



    Absolutely terrible?? Im sorry are you trolling?

    The Seahawks have had the most success in franchise history with JS/PC drafting. Name me a player personnel department that's done better?

    Are JS/PC perfect? No!!! but the draft is a crap shoot!! PS - even our big first round misses (Ifedi and Carpenter are still getting paid to be in the NFL)

    Name me a player personnel dept you think doesn't have any misses and I'll pull the tape up and prove you wrong. I'll also show you that they haven't found a HOF qb in the 3rd, HOF MLB in the 2nd, etc. etc.etc.

    Not many hits after that Wilson and Wagner year that became top cornerstones in the program, sorry.

    You really can only say Metcalf as the next household name that they drafted. Frank Clark, Chris Carson, and to an extent Tyler Lockett. But not much more to replenish the talent Seattle lost after the super bowl defeat to the Patriots, and if you can name other key core players in recent drafts, I’m all ears, but yeah, it’s not much. Damien Lewis and Jordyn Brooks have a chance. But we will see.

    You insinuate the neither Pete nor John have gotten any talent beyond Wagner & Wilson, and that B#11 $#!t....How about undrafted's like Poona Ford, & Doug Baldwin...5th round Sherman, 7th round Carson, and tell us all again where Kam Chancellor was taken...YOU are NOT a talent evaluator, for IF YOU WERE, you'd be working for some NFL Team.....Do you work for an NFL Team???, yeah, I didn't think so. :177692:

    Man, I said, recent drafts.

    Not many hits lately.

    Stop mentioning, Kam Chancellor, Richard Sherman, etc. those are now considered a lifetime ago and they are not active on the team.

    Recent drafts. Go back and grade his picks over the past 3-5 years, not many, cornerstone picks.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 1869
    Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:12 pm
    Location: Westcoastin’


Re: 2021 draft picks
Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:50 pm
  • Returning to the topic of "2021 draft picks".

    Using a 5th round pick for veteran guard Gabe Jackson was a smart use of a 2021 allocation. Using all avenues of talent acquisition. :2thumbs:

    Curious as to how different this year might be given with Scott Fitterer moving on to be the General Manager of the Carolina Panthers. Although, Fitterer's promotion to GM is a pretty solid affirmation that John's talent acquisition program is well thought of.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10113
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:49 pm


Re: 2021 draft picks
Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:11 pm
  • So it's 3 picks now...Not 4
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5995
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


Re: 2021 draft picks
Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:36 pm

Re: 2021 draft picks
Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:36 pm
  • cant wait till they trade bobby and lockett and stack up a bunch of picks
    misfit
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 535
    Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:40 pm


Re: 2021 draft picks
Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:54 am
  • I'm more excited to watch the Seahawks use three draft picks, then build the rest of their squad from undrafted free agents. That, and I'm not joking, would be something really interesting. On any given year, how many players go undrafted and un-signed that have NFL talent OR they don't go to the right situation for their skill set? There's only so many roster spots and many, many talented football players that can obviously play.

    Honestly, I would love to see the Hawks bring back Dunlap, another OL, and one more mid-tier CB in FA, then watch them use their 3 draft picks and fill the rest of their roster with undrafted talent. That would be some really cool "chip-on-their-shoulder" practices, man.
    RockinHawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 838
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:52 pm


Re: 2021 draft picks
Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:14 am
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    gowazzu02 wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:I think one year, we have to bite the bullet and take whatever picks we have and stay put and for the future, stop, absolutely, stop trading draft capital.

    I mean, Carroll, absolutely sucks at drafting now.

    We got so lucky, teams thought DK, was just all go and no show. See what I did there? Cause he’s really fast and can run a go route....

    Any ways, I guess it doesn’t really matter cause Carroll absolutely is terrible at drafting, why does it matter how few or a lot of picks Seattle has, Carroll doesn’t know how to draft quality players anyways....



    Absolutely terrible?? Im sorry are you trolling?

    The Seahawks have had the most success in franchise history with JS/PC drafting. Name me a player personnel department that's done better?

    Are JS/PC perfect? No!!! but the draft is a crap shoot!! PS - even our big first round misses (Ifedi and Carpenter are still getting paid to be in the NFL)

    Name me a player personnel dept you think doesn't have any misses and I'll pull the tape up and prove you wrong. I'll also show you that they haven't found a HOF qb in the 3rd, HOF MLB in the 2nd, etc. etc.etc.

    Not many hits after that Wilson and Wagner year that became top cornerstones in the program, sorry.

    You really can only say Metcalf as the next household name that they drafted. Frank Clark, Chris Carson, and to an extent Tyler Lockett. But not much more to replenish the talent Seattle lost after the super bowl defeat to the Patriots, and if you can name other key core players in recent drafts, I’m all ears, but yeah, it’s not much. Damien Lewis and Jordyn Brooks have a chance. But we will see.

    You insinuate the neither Pete nor John have gotten any talent beyond Wagner & Wilson, and that B#11 $#!t....How about undrafted's like Poona Ford, & Doug Baldwin...5th round Sherman, 7th round Carson, and tell us all again where Kam Chancellor was taken...YOU are NOT a talent evaluator, for IF YOU WERE, you'd be working for some NFL Team.....Do you work for an NFL Team???, yeah, I didn't think so. :177692:

    Still waiting for you to point out players that are still on the team besides Carson and Ford, apparently, two in the past 9 years since the famous 2012 draft is good enough for you.

    Like I said, Carroll, hasn’t drafted well enough to include enough new core players to keep winning consistently in playoffs.

    The most recent true core player is Metcalf.

    Go ahead, please tell me, who else in recent drafts....I’m waiting...
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 1869
    Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:12 pm
    Location: Westcoastin’


Re: 2021 draft picks
Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:43 pm
  • oldhawkfan wrote:For the upcoming draft, the Seahawks have 4 picks. They are a 2nd, 4th, 6th and 7th. Since Schneider has been GM he has never had fewer than 8 picks. This includes the 2019 draft where they entered draft day with 4 picks and parlayed them into 11 picks. Of course trading Frank Clark helped in the acquisition of additional picks. JS has his work cut out for himself this year.

    I clearly expect him to end this draft with more than 4 picks. It’s going to be fascinating to watch the process. It’s also going to be fun watching the meltdowns that will happen on this board when fans want player x chosen while JS trades that choice and chooses players Y and Z.

    I’m just surprised that more posters on this board don’t work in NFL personnel departments! :roll:


    Since this well intentioned thread has been hijacked by a family feud any way .........



    ....... only those who can stay on topic and work well with others need apply.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10113
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:49 pm


Re: 2021 draft picks
Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:13 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    gowazzu02 wrote:

    Absolutely terrible?? Im sorry are you trolling?

    The Seahawks have had the most success in franchise history with JS/PC drafting. Name me a player personnel department that's done better?

    Are JS/PC perfect? No!!! but the draft is a crap shoot!! PS - even our big first round misses (Ifedi and Carpenter are still getting paid to be in the NFL)

    Name me a player personnel dept you think doesn't have any misses and I'll pull the tape up and prove you wrong. I'll also show you that they haven't found a HOF qb in the 3rd, HOF MLB in the 2nd, etc. etc.etc.

    Not many hits after that Wilson and Wagner year that became top cornerstones in the program, sorry.

    You really can only say Metcalf as the next household name that they drafted. Frank Clark, Chris Carson, and to an extent Tyler Lockett. But not much more to replenish the talent Seattle lost after the super bowl defeat to the Patriots, and if you can name other key core players in recent drafts, I’m all ears, but yeah, it’s not much. Damien Lewis and Jordyn Brooks have a chance. But we will see.

    You insinuate the neither Pete nor John have gotten any talent beyond Wagner & Wilson, and that B#11 $#!t....How about undrafted's like Poona Ford, & Doug Baldwin...5th round Sherman, 7th round Carson, and tell us all again where Kam Chancellor was taken...YOU are NOT a talent evaluator, for IF YOU WERE, you'd be working for some NFL Team.....Do you work for an NFL Team???, yeah, I didn't think so. :177692:

    Still waiting for you to point out players that are still on the team besides Carson and Ford, apparently, two in the past 9 years since the famous 2012 draft is good enough for you.

    Like I said, Carroll, hasn’t drafted well enough to include enough new core players to keep winning consistently in playoffs.

    The most recent true core player is Metcalf.

    Go ahead, please tell me, who else in recent drafts....I’m waiting...


    Salary cap, you cant keep everyone.

    Look at the Patriots draft who do they have left? Thuney & James White who is not even a starter and that's it. Everyone left. Patriots & Seahawks has the most wins the past decade, see a pattern? Yet seahawks are in better shape than the Patriots at the moment.

    ***OOPS*** i forgot, Thuney signed w/ the Chiefs...So who do the Patriots have? Go ahead, please tell me, who else? Im waiting...
    rcaido
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1534
    Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:47 pm


Re: 2021 draft picks
Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:22 am
  • rcaido wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:Not many hits after that Wilson and Wagner year that became top cornerstones in the program, sorry.

    You really can only say Metcalf as the next household name that they drafted. Frank Clark, Chris Carson, and to an extent Tyler Lockett. But not much more to replenish the talent Seattle lost after the super bowl defeat to the Patriots, and if you can name other key core players in recent drafts, I’m all ears, but yeah, it’s not much. Damien Lewis and Jordyn Brooks have a chance. But we will see.

    You insinuate the neither Pete nor John have gotten any talent beyond Wagner & Wilson, and that B#11 $#!t....How about undrafted's like Poona Ford, & Doug Baldwin...5th round Sherman, 7th round Carson, and tell us all again where Kam Chancellor was taken...YOU are NOT a talent evaluator, for IF YOU WERE, you'd be working for some NFL Team.....Do you work for an NFL Team???, yeah, I didn't think so. :177692:

    Still waiting for you to point out players that are still on the team besides Carson and Ford, apparently, two in the past 9 years since the famous 2012 draft is good enough for you.

    Like I said, Carroll, hasn’t drafted well enough to include enough new core players to keep winning consistently in playoffs.

    The most recent true core player is Metcalf.

    Go ahead, please tell me, who else in recent drafts....I’m waiting...


    Salary cap, you cant keep everyone.

    Look at the Patriots draft who do they have left? Thuney & James White who is not even a starter and that's it. Everyone left. Patriots & Seahawks has the most wins the past decade, see a pattern? Yet seahawks are in better shape than the Patriots at the moment.

    ***OOPS*** i forgot, Thuney signed w/ the Chiefs...So who do the Patriots have? Go ahead, please tell me, who else? Im waiting...

    There was really no one other than Frank Clark that was worth keeping but couldn’t.

    Frank Clark
    Tyler Lockett
    Chris Carson
    Shaquill Griffin
    DK Metcalf
    Damien Lewis
    Jordyn Brooks

    So ever since the 2012 draft Seattle has drafted maybe 7 decent players. That’s pretty damn awful.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 1869
    Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:12 pm
    Location: Westcoastin’


Re: 2021 draft picks
Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:51 am
  • i hear Scot McCloughan runs a scouting service these days... :stirthepot:
    Rule
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 52
    Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:07 pm


Re: 2021 draft picks
Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:39 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    So ever since the 2012 draft Seattle has drafted maybe 7 decent players. That’s pretty damn awful.



    It would appear that someone in the Front Office enjoys betting on the "long shots". Inexcusable!
    Bigpumpkin
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter
     
    Posts: 7903
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:13 pm
    Location: Puyallup, WA USA


Re: 2021 draft picks
Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:46 pm
  • Rule wrote:i hear Scot McCloughan runs a scouting service these days... :stirthepot:

    He actually does..I wish the Hawks would use it.
    John/Pete just aren't that good at drafting.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5995
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


Re: 2021 draft picks
Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:19 pm
  • Not sure if the current environment is a plus or minus for Seattle in the draft. I trust them to make the right decision!
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 971
    Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:27 am


Re: 2021 draft picks
Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:27 pm
  • IMO ....... This year's draft picks simply do not offer the same value as last years picks. John Schneider telegraphed as much some time ago.

    This year's draft is coming off a damaged covid 19 year. They worked thru, as best they could, a difficult and diminished year of scouting. I'm confident that Schneider adjusted his scouting plan over a year ago. He had the foresight to prepare for this uncertain off season and weaken draft. There are going to be a lot of free agents to chose from at the close of the 3rd draft day. He will continue to maneuver during this unusual off season right up into the draft and beyond.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10113
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:49 pm


Re: 2021 draft picks
Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:06 pm
  • Rule wrote:i hear Scot McCloughan runs a scouting service these days... :stirthepot:


    The FO sure could use it.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2031
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


Re: 2021 draft picks
Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:43 pm
  • We have had our best drafts when we have worked with Scot either as a member of the Front office or as a consultant, when he was fired from Washington he came here as a Consultant and we did well that draft.

    He has a great feel and eye for sure.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 35367
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: 2021 draft picks
Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:38 pm
  • I feel most confident in Football Consultant Steve Hutchinson. He's on the player personnel staff.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10113
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:49 pm


Re: 2021 draft picks
Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:59 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    gowazzu02 wrote:

    Absolutely terrible?? Im sorry are you trolling?

    The Seahawks have had the most success in franchise history with JS/PC drafting. Name me a player personnel department that's done better?

    Are JS/PC perfect? No!!! but the draft is a crap shoot!! PS - even our big first round misses (Ifedi and Carpenter are still getting paid to be in the NFL)

    Name me a player personnel dept you think doesn't have any misses and I'll pull the tape up and prove you wrong. I'll also show you that they haven't found a HOF qb in the 3rd, HOF MLB in the 2nd, etc. etc.etc.

    Not many hits after that Wilson and Wagner year that became top cornerstones in the program, sorry.

    You really can only say Metcalf as the next household name that they drafted. Frank Clark, Chris Carson, and to an extent Tyler Lockett. But not much more to replenish the talent Seattle lost after the super bowl defeat to the Patriots, and if you can name other key core players in recent drafts, I’m all ears, but yeah, it’s not much. Damien Lewis and Jordyn Brooks have a chance. But we will see.

    You insinuate the neither Pete nor John have gotten any talent beyond Wagner & Wilson, and that B#11 $#!t....How about undrafted's like Poona Ford, & Doug Baldwin...5th round Sherman, 7th round Carson, and tell us all again where Kam Chancellor was taken...YOU are NOT a talent evaluator, for IF YOU WERE, you'd be working for some NFL Team.....Do you work for an NFL Team???, yeah, I didn't think so. :177692:

    Man, I said, recent drafts.

    Not many hits lately.

    Stop mentioning, Kam Chancellor, Richard Sherman, etc. those are now considered a lifetime ago and they are not active on the team.

    Recent drafts. Go back and grade his picks over the past 3-5 years, not many, cornerstone picks.

    LOLOLOLOL Now you sound like Steve Martin in 'The Jerk' where he worked as a carny..."Your prize is anything on any shelf except the two top ones, and in between this area and this area except not below this shelf, and kind of in this area right here" LOLOLOLOL...how many times you gunna move the 'goal post'? :lol:, Oh and....Keep on waiting...I'll take Schneiders' expertise over yours EVERY SINGLE TIME. :177692:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7553
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:48 pm




It is currently Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:14 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]




Information
  • Who is online