Carson To The Dolphins? NOPE.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I heard earlier on 710AM that the Dolphins are close to signing Carson. Sucks if true.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Aros":2bycftvo said:
I heard earlier on 710AM that the Dolphins are close to signing Carson. Sucks if true.

Apparently not a done deal, Pats interested also.

I'm meh on this one. I think Fournette would be better.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I heard the same thing earlier on 710. Then I saw one media type say it was close. Then Joe Fann said it wasn't accurate.
Damn these media types :mrgreen:

I hope they can bring him back, but not at a huge $ deal. His injury history is a true concern. Maybe a 2 year deal that is less of a cap in 2021.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Crazy thought - Can you image if the Cardinals signed him?

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":bh6qyzc6 said:

Really? I'm not a huge Carson fan, but I'd be hard pressed to take Fournette over him.

Why Fournette > Carson for you?

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":26ew41lr said:
UK_Seahawk":26ew41lr said:

Really? I'm not a huge Carson fan, but I'd be hard pressed to take Fournette over him.

I think he's a higher ceiling player that has lost his way a bit.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Maulbert":1dl7ndyh said:
I like Carson, but between his fumbles and inability to stay healthy, I just don't want us to overpay for him.

He had a lot of fumbles last year.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I'm ok with losing Carson.

His durability was a concern and will only get worse as time goes on imo

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Maulbert":2liyph6k said:
I like Carson, but between his fumbles and inability to stay healthy, I just don't want us to overpay for him.
Not really a fumble but I had one of the longest half seconds of my live sports life when he bobbled the game winning TD against the Rams on Thursday Night Football. I was up from LA (pure coincidence on opponent, only week I could make it up) for the game with my brother and we were on that corner of the end zone. Would've been cooler to be on the other corner and see Lockett's toe dragger. But man I saw a lot of my life pass through my head during that eye blink moment.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Like a lot of people in this thread Im in the "Hey, I love Carson, but...." boat. You almost have to keep an extra RB on the roster because you know hes probably going to miss a 4-6 game stretch. And he fumbles at a rate higher than almost any other starting RB Id have to believe..and if you get 8 possessions a game you cant afford to give one up like that.

Someone said theyd like Fournette and I think Im in that camp. He feels to me like someone who needs the right coaching and vision and he feels like someone who would thrive in Seattle.

TraderGary

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":b9t629yj said:
UK_Seahawk":b9t629yj said:

I agree. Not understanding all this love for Fournette. He averaged 3.8 YPC in 2020 during the regular season, and then decided to turn it up on the big stage in the playoffs knowing everyone was watching, while auditioning for a new contract. That doesn't exactly scream motivation to me. Am I missing something?

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
TraderGary":28hn5a2p said:
Thepeelsessions":28hn5a2p said:
UK_Seahawk":28hn5a2p said:

I agree. Not understanding all this love for Fournette. He averaged 3.8 YPC in 2020 during the regular season, and then decided to turn it up on the big stage in the playoffs knowing everyone was watching, while auditioning for a new contract. That doesn't exactly scream motivation to me. Am I missing something?

Look at it from a different angle, what would a RB who turned it up during the playoffs have done for us this past season? Still wouldn't make us SB contenders but it wouldn't have been such an embarrassment.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Vetamur":2pinj4rr said:
Like a lot of people in this thread Im in the "Hey, I love Carson, but...." boat. You almost have to keep an extra RB on the roster because you know hes probably going to miss a 4-6 game stretch. And he fumbles at a rate higher than almost any other starting RB Id have to believe..and if you get 8 possessions a game you cant afford to give one up like that.

Someone said theyd like Fournette and I think Im in that camp. He feels to me like someone who needs the right coaching and vision and he feels like someone who would thrive in Seattle.

Exactly and that lack of consistency on the field is huge because its not just about missing talent on the field, the entire offense has to adjust for it and therefore also are not playing inconsistent themselves.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Glad he didn't go to the Dolphins. Or anywhere else actually. Yes, yes we all would prefer if he wasn't injury prone and can play a full season without major injuries but when he IS on the field he is precisely the bruising, crushing back this offense needs. Like BeastMode (although not on that same level), the team feeds off of that toughness and nary a care for his own safety if he can sneak out that extra yard.

If he could make choosing his battles a bit more refined it could save him some of those missed games each year but someone like Carson has only one switch that is ON or OFF.