Jake Heaps: Strong Chance Dunlap And KJ Return

massari

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/jtheaps9/status/1373062868271165440[/tweet]
If they can pair Dunlap with someone like Clowney, draft a Center 2nd round, and sign a cheap #3 WR like AB or Josh Reynolds, they'd probably be the favorites to win the NFC West.

This could end up being the best Seahawks off-season in a while if it all comes to fruition.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ThePoniExpress/status/1372265622416076804[/tweet]

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
Appyhawk":10kj2iew said:
When it comes to Seahawk moves I'm in 'believe it when I see it' mode.
I'm with you, but hopefully things have changed with Russ getting vocal.

So many ways to create the cap room.

Cap Gains from extensions:

Tyler Lockett $8,968,000
Duane Brown $7,420,000
Jamal Adams $7,096,000
Quandre Diggs $3,568,000
Brandon Shell $1,668,000
Jarran Reed $6,068,000
Tre Flowers $1,010,400

Restructure Wilson opens up $12,666,667

Personally hoping to clear $10M by trading Adams and getting some much needed draft capital back. Then rolling with Marqise Blair and Ryan Neil.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Appyhawk":3oioz35p said:
When it comes to Seahawk moves I'm in 'believe it when I see it' mode.

Yeah, I'm right there with you, but I also sense the real possibility of more than one rabbit being pulled out of Schneider's hat sooner or later.

Jville

Reaction score
Both Dunlap & Wright provided reliable and effective NFL run stoppage out on the edge. Not easy to replace.

Own The West

Reaction score
"Believe it when I see it" is better than, "whatever they do is wrong".

I'll call that progress! :2thumbs:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
If both of those guys end up coming back, then this free agency period has been a SMASHING success.

sutz

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":31n8y1eo said:
If both of those guys end up coming back, then this free agency period has been a SMASHING success.
Second that! :2thumbs:

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Own The West":2gareov0 said:
"Believe it when I see it" is better than, "whatever they do is wrong".

I'll call that progress! :2thumbs:

I fully expect to see Schneider pull something pretty good outta his hat. He's a whiz. He may miss now and then but rarely strikes out. He's also a loyalist, so I don't think we lose Dunlap and/or KJ without a serious fight.

Vetamur

Reaction score
KJ in particular I would think is more valuable to us than anyone else. Dunlap Im surprised hasnt nudged someone towards overpaying with how well he played for us but if we can get him back Im excited. With Darrel Taylor actually, you know, playing this season.. we could be moving in the right direction with out pass rush.

sutz

Reaction score
Vetamur":16yzjss3 said:
KJ in particular I would think is more valuable to us than anyone else. Dunlap Im surprised hasnt nudged someone towards overpaying with how well he played for us but if we can get him back Im excited. With Darrel Taylor actually, you know, playing this season.. we could be moving in the right direction with out pass rush.
I think part of that is the financial situation. With the cap being down this year for the first time, many teams are probably struggling to get their salary cap situation in order. The Seahawks are not alone in that. FA league wide seems to be quite a bit slower than usual.

Jville

Reaction score
It's numbing how much those two have collected in pay checks over the course of their careers.

Carlos Dunlap ....... $65,375,500

KJ Wright ............... $45,812,000

samwize77

Reaction score
sutz":157y5lkx said:
Maelstrom787":157y5lkx said:
Second that! :2thumbs:
….and I'll third that!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The entire league hasn't signed them, not just the Hawks...….
The longer it takes, it's looking more likely they have a very good chance at getting them back.
Nothing wrong with letting a player go see what he can find in free agency. If they don't find it, they get humbled a bit and come back where they belong. You can't convince me that players don't appreciate the team letting them go see what's out there before making their decision.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Two great, high character players. Both had great seasons last year despite the first half doldrums. Hope we can get them back. Especially with the signing of Hyder!

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":nu4bfka1 said:
The entire league hasn't signed them, not just the Hawks...….
The longer it takes, it's looking more likely they have a very good chance at getting them back.
Nothing wrong with letting a player go see what he can find in free agency. If they don't find it, they get humbled a bit and come back where they belong. You can't convince me that players don't appreciate the team letting them go see what's out there before making their decision.

Yeah I guess...I prefer to handle it upfront rather than waiting for atleast one guy we know will be here 2021. Kj!!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Come on James, they have never done it that way. It's not going to change. Just because we want them to jump in early, doesn't mean that's the best way to do it. And how often have we seen a team go nuts at the beginning of free agency, only to see them on the outside looking in come playoff time? Quite often actually.