Linchpin of the LOB and one of the greatest Seahawks ever

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. What a thrill to watch him in person.

There's no Legion of BOOM without him. He WAS the BOOM. Kenny Easley must have loved watching him as well.

The Football Gods finally smiled upon us Seahawks fans from 2012-2016. It was a pleasure to watch a historic defense every gameday and he was the primary reason for it.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
He was amazing, but wasn't it actually Brandon Browner that really started the hard-hitting aspect of our rise in defensive super-stardom?

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":18p128qs said:
He was amazing, but wasn't it actually Brandon Browner that really started the hard-hitting aspect of our rise in defensive super-stardom?

No sir. Not even close. Kam came into the league snot knocking.

Vetamur

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2z192rpu said:

I mean, Kam brought the biggest BOOM, but Browner being at the corner..so oversized and also able to pop..is kind of what made it about the group. You gotta have em all to make a Legion. But Kam was truly awesome.

chris98251

Reaction score
Vetamur":2nu6tj3h said:
RolandDeschain":2nu6tj3h said:

I mean, Kam brought the biggest BOOM, but Browner being at the corner..so oversized and also able to pop..is kind of what made it about the group. You gotta have em all to make a Legion. But Kam was truly awesome.

Really Browner was the Intimidator.

Kam was the Soul Taker.

acer1240

Reaction score
Kam knocking Vernon Davis into the shadow realm is a clip I'll watch forever.

Vernon was never the same after that.

Own The West

Reaction score
Kam was my favorite player until he held out and screwed our 2015 season.

My old .net userid was Kamcussionator until he pulled that #$@#. It set the tone for Bennett, Sherman, Thomas... Broke up what could have been a dynastic team.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Own The West":2eljlfhk said:
Kam was my favorite player until he held out and screwed our 2015 season.

My old .net userid was Kamcussionator until he pulled that #$@#. It set the tone for Bennett, Sherman, Thomas... Broke up what could have been a dynastic team.

I think your radar is quite a bit off about what caused the issues.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
acer1240":11xu1qpa said:
Kam knocking Vernon Davis into the shadow realm is a clip I'll watch forever.

Vernon was never the same after that.

If I recall correctly, even though it was flagged, the Niners were held to a FG attempt that was blocked and Sherman ran back. So the flag didn't hurt us. There was no fine, which is a default tacit admission from the league that the flag was unwarranted. With guys going that fast and collisions rocking peoples' heads all over the place it's hard to fault the refs too much when they're instructed to put an emphasis on head shots. But that was a clean, textbook example of dispossessing the receiver from the ball. We haven't had anything like it since. Should've been SB MVP but Butler had the glamour play.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Bam Bam was awesome!

He single handedly took over that 2014 NFC divisional game vs Carolina.
He was a special athlete and an underrated leader.

I hope he gets into coaching or broadcasting in the future. He still has a lot to offer to the game.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":3b67ukr8 said:
RolandDeschain":3b67ukr8 said:

No sir. Not even close. Kam came into the league snot knocking.

I think you meant yes sir, his crushing hits coming off his man to make tackles and pancakeing 3 people on one ST play really set the conversation about how brutal of hitters the backfield was.

evergreen

Reaction score
Kam and Brandon. Two peas in a pod. They were both so awesome. Brandon Browner was un-f-ing believeable. There is video of him taking out three different Cardinals on a punt return. Dude may be dangerous. He mauled that Packer reciever John Jefferson too.
But Kam is a football god. The biggest play in our Super Bowl win may have been him resetting Thomas internal navigation system to pacific time. Deserved to be MVP. I guess his hold out didn’t change too much. If we won those two games we’d be 12-4 and still behind Az at 13-3 and Carolina at 15-1. So water under the bridge there. Just blow that damn Arizona stadium up!

Vetamur

Reaction score
chris98251":22xheie1 said:
Vetamur":22xheie1 said:
RolandDeschain":22xheie1 said:

Really Browner was the Intimidator.

Kam was the Soul Taker.

Thats a great way to put it.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
evergreen":h1kmvd70 said:
Kam and Brandon. Two peas in a pod. They were both so awesome. Brandon Browner was un-f-ing believeable. There is video of him taking out three different Cardinals on a punt return. Dude may be dangerous. He mauled that Packer reciever John Jefferson too.
But Kam is a football god. The biggest play in our Super Bowl win may have been him resetting Thomas internal navigation system to pacific time. Deserved to be MVP. I guess his hold out didn’t change too much. If we won those two games we’d be 12-4 and still behind Az at 13-3 and Carolina at 15-1. So water under the bridge there. Just blow that damn Arizona stadium up!

I go to that game almost every year because some of my family still lives there. I was at Earl's last game, Sherm's last game, Kam's last game (which pissed me off because if the O knew how to run out the clock he wouldn't have needed to be out there!).

IndyHawk

Reaction score
That was a sad day when you see Bam Bam not getting up because
he always did..Later when he did he's hitting the turf all upset,I knew it
had to be serious but never thought that was the end.
It was the end of the LOB right then and there period.