Clayton: Seahawks showing why patience is key for winning

Jville

Reaction score
By waiting, the Seahawks were able to re-sign running back Chris Carson on a two-year deal at $10.4 million. Center Ethan Pocic returned on a one-year deal at $3 million. Schneider also grabbed the third-best tight end on the market. Gerald Everett signed a one-year deal believe to be around $6 million. They traded a fifth-round pick for an $11 million guard in Gabe Jackson.
For $11.2 million a year, the Seahawks got the second-best running back in free agency and the third best tight end.

Patience is important in free agency.

Clayton: Seahawks showing why patience is key for winning teams in free agency >>> [urltargetblank]https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1342540/clayton-seahawks-showing-patience-key-winning-teams-free-agency/[/urltargetblank]

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
What does he think is the key to winning in the playoffs? 3 wins in 6 years wants to know.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Need to shore up the DE's but there are some options
Dunlap
Clowney
Engram
Kerrigan
Aldon Smith
Justin Houston
Olivier Vernon
Mayowa
Beasley

I think we can get a few of these guys on good deals

are all still out there we could get one or two of them on a reasonable rate.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'd really like the team re-up Dunlap and possibly sign Aldon Smith whom they were interested in trading for last last year.

The team needs another quality CB as well.

Maulbert

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":c7erjbki said:
What does he think is the key to winning in the playoffs? 3 wins in 6 years wants to know.

You know what I remember? No playoff wins from 1985-2004. You know what else I remember? No playoff appearances AT ALL from 1989-1998.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Maulbert":9ave2oof said:
JayhawkMike":9ave2oof said:

You know what I remember? No playoff wins from 1985-2004. You know what else I remember? No playoff appearances AT ALL from 1989-1998.

Thank you. Saved me from saying it. Us older 12's should get a stinkin' badge for putting up with the 1990's alone.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Maulbert":3l19gqjf said:
JayhawkMike":3l19gqjf said:

Oh, so you remember the Seahawks without Russell Wilson. Glad your so content with those early playoff exits by the way. Weakest argument in the world. We're talking about today, not 30 years ago.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3d18t4wf said:
Need to shore up the DE's but there are some options
Dunlap
Clowney
Engram
Kerrigan
Aldon Smith
Justin Houston
Olivier Vernon
Mayowa
Beasley

I think we can get a few of these guys on good deals

are all still out there we could get one or two of them on a reasonable rate.

That's a good list to chose from.

Dunlap, Clowney and Mayowa are familiar with our defense and much of our personnel. They would plug right back in for continuity.

I'm feeling rather good about how free agency is unfolding in 2021.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Now high 5 and let’s get back to Seahawks football!!!

Go Hawks.

niveky

Reaction score
Aros":3ebp9zes said:
Maulbert":3ebp9zes said:
JayhawkMike":3ebp9zes said:

Thank you. Saved me from saying it. Us older 12's should get a stinkin' badge for putting up with the 1990's alone.

What's crazy is that the 90's made me a fan, regardless of all the fruitless seasons.
Chris Warren, started it for me and Chad Brown, Mack Strong, Willie Williams, Joey Galloway, Cortez Kennedy, Michael Sinclair, Jon Kitna, Shawn Springs...Through all the losing I was becoming a die hard fan even through the cowboys winning 30 superbowls in my home state of texas as i was going through Jr high and high school.

JGreen79

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":1sw3n9ro said:

Here's a list of playoff wins by NFC teams over the last six years.

Packers - 5 (Missed playoffs 2 Years)
Eagles - 4 (Missed playoffs 3 years)
Bucs - 4 (Missed playoffs 5 years)
Saints - 3 (Missed playoffs 2 Years)
Rams - 3 (Missed playoffs 3 years)
Falcons - 3 (Missed playoffs 4 years)
Seahawks - 3 (Missed playoffs 1 year)
Panthers - 2 (Missed playoffs 4 years
Vikings - 2 (Missed playoffs 3 years)
Cardinals - 1 (Missed playoffs 5 years)
Cowboys - 1 (Missed playoffs 4 years)

I don't think any team has the key to winning in the playoffs. Eagles and Bucs got all if not most of theirs in 1 year, Packers haven't made it to a superbowl since 2010.

The only real key to winning in the playoffs is to make it to the playoffs.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
JGreen79":2547gogx said:
JayhawkMike":2547gogx said:

Here's a list of playoff wins by NFC teams over the last six years.

Packers - 5 (Missed playoffs 2 Years)
Eagles - 4 (Missed playoffs 3 years)
Bucs - 4 (Missed playoffs 5 years)
Saints - 3 (Missed playoffs 2 Years)
Rams - 3 (Missed playoffs 3 years)
Falcons - 3 (Missed playoffs 4 years)
Seahawks - 3 (Missed playoffs 1 year)
Panthers - 2 (Missed playoffs 4 years
Vikings - 2 (Missed playoffs 3 years)
Cardinals - 1 (Missed playoffs 5 years)
Cowboys - 1 (Missed playoffs 4 years)

I don't think any team has the key to winning in the playoffs. Eagles and Bucs got all if not most of theirs in 1 year, Packers haven't made it to a superbowl since 2010.

The only real key to winning in the playoffs is to make it to the playoffs.

Thank you.

Pete's playoff record is in line with most of his peers as well.

Facts get in the way of narratives all the time :)

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Aros":2m0hc8si said:
Maulbert":2m0hc8si said:
JayhawkMike":2m0hc8si said:

We did. That doesn't mean we have to accept continuous lack of playoff success without complaint. Especially when it continues to happen for the same reasons we lost the season before and the season before and the season before...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
niveky":11mdm57d said:
What's crazy is that the 90's made me a fan, regardless of all the fruitless seasons.
Chris Warren, started it for me and Chad Brown, Mack Strong, Willie Williams, Joey Galloway, Cortez Kennedy, Michael Sinclair, Jon Kitna, Shawn Springs...Through all the losing I was becoming a die hard fan even through the cowboys winning 30 superbowls in my home state of texas as i was going through Jr high and high school.

Totally get it. There were of course the sparks of light within an otherwise dark and dreary decade for Seahawks fans. Watching Moon rainbow a jewel to Galloway for a long bomb touchdown was pure magic. Witnessing Kennedy of course was worth suffering through the 90's all by himself. Sinclair was every QB's nightmare and I really enjoyed Kitna who was basically Hasselbeck in the 90's as far as scrappiness and will to win even if he wasn't the most talented QB.

Unfortunately the QB situation was abysmal (Stan Gelbaugh anyone?) and made the 90's pretty damn insufferable...But as a diehard, ya stick with your team no matter what, and it sure has paid dividends in recent years.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
FattyKnuckle":1zcgznk3 said:
Aros":1zcgznk3 said:
Maulbert":1zcgznk3 said:
JayhawkMike":1zcgznk3 said:

We did. That doesn't mean we have to accept continuous lack of playoff success without complaint. Especially when it continues to happen for the same reasons we lost the season before and the season before and the season before...

Which teams are you seeing winning multiple games in the playoffs every year?

Wanting deep playoff runs every year is one thing. Expecting it is quite another.

high expectations have to meet realism somewhere on the spectrum.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
A lot of cleaning was required for this thread. If you need to express your inner child take it to the Shack where it belongs.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Aros":2qr15ujf said:
Maulbert":2qr15ujf said:
JayhawkMike":2qr15ujf said:

Preach!

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3c2327wl said:
FattyKnuckle":3c2327wl said:
Aros":3c2327wl said:
Maulbert":3c2327wl said:

Which teams are you seeing winning multiple games in the playoffs every year?

Wanting deep playoff runs every year is one thing. Expecting it is quite another.

high expectations have to meet realism somewhere on the spectrum.

I'm sure it's has to be the Cowboys.

themunn

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2wrlh2gj said:

3 wins in 6 years isn't bad - only 3 NFC teams with more in that time.
Over 8 years no NFC team is near (8 wins, vs 6 next closest - Green Bay, who also have 0 Superbowl appearances in that time).

And since Carroll took over, his 10 playoff wins are 2nd only to Green Bay (who had 11, with 4 coming in the 2010 season all the way back). Next closest is 7.

So I think he knows something about winning.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
themunn":1xo3olb6 said:
JayhawkMike":1xo3olb6 said:

3 wins in 6 years isn't bad - only 3 NFC teams with more in that time.
Over 8 years no NFC team is near (8 wins, vs 6 next closest - Green Bay, who also have 0 Superbowl appearances in that time).

And since Carroll took over, his 10 playoff wins are 2nd only to Green Bay (who had 11, with 4 coming in the 2010 season all the way back). Next closest is 7.

So I think he knows something about winning.

Now do the AFC.