Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seahawks should have taken the bears picks....

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • And send them to the Texans for Watson. It's the only way I can see giving up RW.
    NY Hawk
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 36
    Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:05 pm


  • So in a sense you wanted 2 players, no picks and no QBs?

    Theres a very good chance Watson doesnt see the field this year at this point
    balakoth
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 251
    Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:41 pm


  • Apparently you've missed the mounting serious legal situation Watson finds himself in.

    PASS. Thank God Russell Wilson remains a Seahawk.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 14989
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


  • No.

    Watson has some off the field controversy. The Bears offer was weak sauce.

    The Seahawks were smart to walk away from that deal.
    After we win the Superbowl this season, we can look back at that fateful meeting in Fargo.

    "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference." Robert Frost

    My buddy Jack on the city bus put it most eloquently:

    Russ is like our wife. We've been together forever. We know she got some strengths and weaknesses. We all do. Hey, nobody perfect right brother? *elbows me in the ribs.
    But you gotta think sometimes. Think about the good times. Why you fell in love with her. You are committed to each other. You're going through a martial spat right now, but the best couples push through and come out stronger for it.

    When we met with the Bears, it was like meeting up with Kelly in accounting in a cheap motel off I-90. The one you've had your eye on for a bit, but knock it off Jack, you're married you don't do that! You look into her eyes and ask yourself, what am I doing? Have I lost my mind? You tell Kelly thanks, but no thanks. I'm a married man!

    You go back home to your wife, Jack, and you tell her you're sorry, you buy her some flowers (trade for an O lineman) and you make passionate love. Together we can make it through this!

    I thank Jack for his wisdom.
    Last edited by Jerhawk on Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3878
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:39 am
    Location: Spokane, WA


  • Aros wrote:Apparently you've missed the mounting serious legal situation Watson finds himself in.

    PASS. Thank God Russell Wilson remains a Seahawk.

    So much this. :ditto: Kind of tired of bringing in guys with legal $h!t hanging over them. :141847_bnono:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 21903
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


  • There's no way the OP wasn't being sarcastic at this point.....

    What is it, 16 women currently?

    Pretty sure this was a joke.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2918
    Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:53 am
    Location: Phoenix az


  • 33 posts by the OP. Troll. Do not reply to this thread
    seabowl
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3057
    Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:20 am


  • I like Turtles
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 17327
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • I’m not saying Watson is guilty but....that’s a lot of accusations. Anyways, I know this was a troll post and point taken.

    Russ is our franchise QB and will take us to another SB. Just hope the FO and him work it out because this team can do it.
    Elemas
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 749
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:02 pm


  • Wasn't even close to being enough in trade for Wilson.

    Disagree totally with the OP and don't want Houston's QB now or at all.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 7754
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:13 pm


  • I would have only traded wilson for a teams entire draft for 10 years. And we know that's not even possible.
    Msfann
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2077
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:37 am


  • Glad Hawks didn’t take the Bears offer. Just not a good package when you consider low pick slots and big $$$ contracts coming back. We would have been doing them a favor.
    nwHawk
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter
     
    Posts: 1881
    Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:14 pm


  • This was posted on March 24th after 16 people accused Watson of sexual misconduct. The dude is not starting week 1 2021 and could still be suspended in 2022.

    You could have just saved everyone a lot of time by saying you only pay attention to the Seahawks and have no clue about any other player or team in the NFL.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2879
    Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:54 am


  • NY Hawk wrote:And send them to the Texans for Watson. It's the only way I can see giving up RW.

    Trade for a guy headed to jail? Lol
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3649
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:14 am


  • Forget Watson. After living through the whole Josh Gordon situation the past 2 seasons, adding another star player who may not be available to us is just not worth it -- especially in a critical position like QB.
    Tusc2000
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 574
    Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:33 am


  • Niners are going to give up three firsts and a third to draft an unknown QB. Why would me take that for a hall of famer who has proven his worth and is in his prime?
    TAB420
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 827
    Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:11 pm


  • Looks like the Digits are rolling the dice big time with their draft trades, it will screw them royally if the player drafted doesn’t prove to be an elite QB. I hope they screw it up and it costs them big time as I’d hope they don’t improve. Seems to me the NFC -W will soon have the 4 QBs most talked about save Brady in the NFL. LA has rolled the dice big time too, and may find themselves in world of hurt too.

    At least Pn’J traded big for a known All Pro player instead of into a cross your fingers and hope situation.

    The trade compensation offered by the Bears wasn’t even closer to being enough for Wilson as each of the early picks would have significantly decreased in value each year Wilson was there in Chicago. I doubt I’d have traded Wilson for 3 -1s, 3-2s, plus the players named. Finding elite QBs is not easy and you try to keep them at most any cost b/c there are no guarantees that even so called ‘sure thing’ draft picks will actually pan out.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 7754
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:13 pm


  • jammerhawk wrote:Looks like the Digits are rolling the dice big time with their draft trades, it will screw them royally if the player drafted doesn’t prove to be an elite QB. I hope they screw it up and it costs them big time as I’d hope they don’t improve. Seems to me the NFC -W will soon have the 4 QBs most talked about save Brady in the NFL. LA has rolled the dice big time too, and may find themselves in world of hurt too.

    At least Pn’J traded big for a known All Pro player instead of into a cross your fingers and hope situation.

    The trade compensation offered by the Bears wasn’t even closer to being enough for Wilson as each of the early picks would have significantly decreased in value each year Wilson was there in Chicago. I doubt I’d have traded Wilson for 3 -1s, 3-2s, plus the players named. Finding elite QBs is not easy and you try to keep them at most any cost b/c there are no guarantees that even so called ‘sure thing’ draft picks will actually pan out.


    Finding elite QB's is not easy. But the thing is, the Hawks are not going to trade Wilson unless they have a plan giving them a good QB that they feel comfortable with. If they find a QB, he doesn't have to be as good as Wilson... he just needs to be very competent and compliment the system. this is a team game, that's the way i see it


    LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 1335
    Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:58 pm


  • I'm the one who posted this and I'm not a troll. I've been a fan for more years than a lot of you been on this planet. I posted this because RW threw bread crumbs out there. Named teams he would like to play for. Just say you want out. And if that were to happen then the only QB I would want other than RW is Watson. Yes Watson is going through it right now but teams are still calling the Texans trying to get a trade done. I really don't like what RW did and I think some of the stuff he's complaining about is his own fault. How about you stop holding the damn ball so long ...and it was YOU who threw a pick 6 in the playoffs.
    NY Hawk
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 36
    Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:05 pm


  • NY Hawk wrote:And send them to the Texans for Watson. It's the only way I can see giving up RW.

    NOPE. :pukeface:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7562
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:48 pm


  • NY Hawk wrote:I'm the one who posted this and I'm not a troll. I've been a fan for more years than a lot of you been on this planet. I posted this because RW threw bread crumbs out there. Named teams he would like to play for. Just say you want out. And if that were to happen then the only QB I would want other than RW is Watson. Yes Watson is going through it right now but teams are still calling the Texans trying to get a trade done. I really don't like what RW did and I think some of the stuff he's complaining about is his own fault. How about you stop holding the damn ball so long ...and it was YOU who threw a pick 6 in the playoffs.



    well first Wilson did not name teams his agent did.
    2nd the FO put the crumbs out first by continually looking at QBs
    3rd under PC every QB he has ever head int e4h NFL were amongst the tops in sacks, hit, hurries and pressures. This is nto just a Wilson thing. This is a PC thing
    4th I would not touch Watson with a 10 foot pole. IF you dont like what you perceive Wilson did why would you like what Watson did and will do as he said he will not play.
    5th in case you forgot Wilson did say he needs to get better. But PFF said Wilson was responsible for about 20-25% of his sacks., Guess what that still leave what would have been a top 10 in sacks that he had nothing to do with and that is not counting hits, hurries and pressures. Wilson was the #1 QB in getting hit, hurries, sacked or pressured in under 2.5 seconds. Guess what he has been #1 every year since 2012. That is not on Wilson if you get hit, hurried, salced or pressured in under 2.5 seconds.
    5th you may be a Seahawks fan I don't know, but it is obvious you don't like Wilson because you did not even get your facts right and are very hypocritical given you want Watson who has handled his situation far worse.
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4406
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • John63 wrote:
    NY Hawk wrote:I'm the one who posted this and I'm not a troll. I've been a fan for more years than a lot of you been on this planet. I posted this because RW threw bread crumbs out there. Named teams he would like to play for. Just say you want out. And if that were to happen then the only QB I would want other than RW is Watson. Yes Watson is going through it right now but teams are still calling the Texans trying to get a trade done. I really don't like what RW did and I think some of the stuff he's complaining about is his own fault. How about you stop holding the damn ball so long ...and it was YOU who threw a pick 6 in the playoffs.



    well first Wilson did not name teams his agent did.
    2nd the FO put the crumbs out first by continually looking at QBs
    3rd under PC every QB he has ever head int e4h NFL were amongst the tops in sacks, hit, hurries and pressures. This is nto just a Wilson thing. This is a PC thing
    4th I would not touch Watson with a 10 foot pole. IF you dont like what you perceive Wilson did why would you like what Watson did and will do as he said he will not play.
    5th in case you forgot Wilson did say he needs to get better. But PFF said Wilson was responsible for about 20-25% of his sacks., Guess what that still leave what would have been a top 10 in sacks that he had nothing to do with and that is not counting hits, hurries and pressures. Wilson was the #1 QB in getting hit, hurries, sacked or pressured in under 2.5 seconds. Guess what he has been #1 every year since 2012. That is not on Wilson if you get hit, hurried, salced or pressured in under 2.5 seconds.
    5th you may be a Seahawks fan I don't know, but it is obvious you don't like Wilson because you did not even get your facts right and are very hypocritical given you want Watson who has handled his situation far worse.


    You always look, do you look at Jackets, Cars, other women, you can window shop and sometimes you see a deal and you jump on it. Looking at a QB and pulling triggers are a lot different. Wilson is an injury away from being forced to retire. If QB is available for trade you have already watched him, or if they come up as a F.A. you have already watched and maybe done a general interview.

    Stupid to think just because we have Wilson we would not keep our hand in the process, based on your views we should not even have guys on the practice squad or Smith as a back up because they are a threat to Wilson and Pete might play them.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 35610
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • I was open to listening to trade scenarios if we got Watson in the beginning of all this, but not anymore.

    Even if Watson's doesn't face any criminal charges, he's going to be suspended by the league, and I want no part of that.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 18789
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:I was open to listening to trade scenarios if we got Watson in the beginning of all this, but not anymore.

    Even if Watson's doesn't face any criminal charges, he's going to be suspended by the league, and I want no part of that.

    We've just been through this with a couple of players. No way we want to risk it at a position as key (and expensive) as QB.

    :141847_bnono:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 21903
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


  • chris98251 wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    NY Hawk wrote:I'm the one who posted this and I'm not a troll. I've been a fan for more years than a lot of you been on this planet. I posted this because RW threw bread crumbs out there. Named teams he would like to play for. Just say you want out. And if that were to happen then the only QB I would want other than RW is Watson. Yes Watson is going through it right now but teams are still calling the Texans trying to get a trade done. I really don't like what RW did and I think some of the stuff he's complaining about is his own fault. How about you stop holding the damn ball so long ...and it was YOU who threw a pick 6 in the playoffs.



    well first Wilson did not name teams his agent did.
    2nd the FO put the crumbs out first by continually looking at QBs
    3rd under PC every QB he has ever head int e4h NFL were amongst the tops in sacks, hit, hurries and pressures. This is nto just a Wilson thing. This is a PC thing
    4th I would not touch Watson with a 10 foot pole. IF you dont like what you perceive Wilson did why would you like what Watson did and will do as he said he will not play.
    5th in case you forgot Wilson did say he needs to get better. But PFF said Wilson was responsible for about 20-25% of his sacks., Guess what that still leave what would have been a top 10 in sacks that he had nothing to do with and that is not counting hits, hurries and pressures. Wilson was the #1 QB in getting hit, hurries, sacked or pressured in under 2.5 seconds. Guess what he has been #1 every year since 2012. That is not on Wilson if you get hit, hurried, salced or pressured in under 2.5 seconds.
    5th you may be a Seahawks fan I don't know, but it is obvious you don't like Wilson because you did not even get your facts right and are very hypocritical given you want Watson who has handled his situation far worse.


    You always look, do you look at Jackets, Cars, other women, you can window shop and sometimes you see a deal and you jump on it. Looking at a QB and pulling triggers are a lot different. Wilson is an injury away from being forced to retire. If QB is available for trade you have already watched him, or if they come up as a F.A. you have already watched and maybe done a general interview.

    Stupid to think just because we have Wilson we would not keep our hand in the process, based on your views we should not even have guys on the practice squad or Smith as a back up because they are a threat to Wilson and Pete might play them.
    I don't read john's posts anymore. Too hard to talk with someone void of deep thoughts and logic.

    Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2856
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:44 pm


  • Wilson isn't going anywhere.

    And I like it that way.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
     
    Posts: 7839
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:06 am
    Location: Eastern Washington


  • toffee wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    NY Hawk wrote:I'm the one who posted this and I'm not a troll. I've been a fan for more years than a lot of you been on this planet. I posted this because RW threw bread crumbs out there. Named teams he would like to play for. Just say you want out. And if that were to happen then the only QB I would want other than RW is Watson. Yes Watson is going through it right now but teams are still calling the Texans trying to get a trade done. I really don't like what RW did and I think some of the stuff he's complaining about is his own fault. How about you stop holding the damn ball so long ...and it was YOU who threw a pick 6 in the playoffs.



    well first Wilson did not name teams his agent did.
    2nd the FO put the crumbs out first by continually looking at QBs
    3rd under PC every QB he has ever head int e4h NFL were amongst the tops in sacks, hit, hurries and pressures. This is nto just a Wilson thing. This is a PC thing
    4th I would not touch Watson with a 10 foot pole. IF you dont like what you perceive Wilson did why would you like what Watson did and will do as he said he will not play.
    5th in case you forgot Wilson did say he needs to get better. But PFF said Wilson was responsible for about 20-25% of his sacks., Guess what that still leave what would have been a top 10 in sacks that he had nothing to do with and that is not counting hits, hurries and pressures. Wilson was the #1 QB in getting hit, hurries, sacked or pressured in under 2.5 seconds. Guess what he has been #1 every year since 2012. That is not on Wilson if you get hit, hurried, salced or pressured in under 2.5 seconds.
    5th you may be a Seahawks fan I don't know, but it is obvious you don't like Wilson because you did not even get your facts right and are very hypocritical given you want Watson who has handled his situation far worse.


    You always look, do you look at Jackets, Cars, other women, you can window shop and sometimes you see a deal and you jump on it. Looking at a QB and pulling triggers are a lot different. Wilson is an injury away from being forced to retire. If QB is available for trade you have already watched him, or if they come up as a F.A. you have already watched and maybe done a general interview.

    Stupid to think just because we have Wilson we would not keep our hand in the process, based on your views we should not even have guys on the practice squad or Smith as a back up because they are a threat to Wilson and Pete might play them.
    I don't read john's posts anymore. Too hard to talk with someone void of deep thoughts and logic.

    Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk


    LOL pot kettle!!!
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4406
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • "He didn't name teams his agent did" Seriously?? I see you are one of those who believe Wilson can walk on water and can change water in wine. Can turn a missing tooth into a gap. A bald spot into a part.
    NY Hawk
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 36
    Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:05 pm


  • NY Hawk wrote:"He didn't name teams his agent did" Seriously?? I see you are one of those who believe Wilson can walk on water and can change water in wine. Can turn a missing tooth into a gap. A bald spot into a part.


    It's a bit of a ludicrous justification, yes. But the point stands - if Russell truly wanted out, he would have forced his way out. Since he's not forcing his way out, I don't think it'd make sense to enter a rebuild with a fairly poor compensation package for a top-5 quarterback.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4979
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


  • NY Hawk wrote:"He didn't name teams his agent did" Seriously?? I see you are one of those who believe Wilson can walk on water and can change water in wine. Can turn a missing tooth into a gap. A bald spot into a part.



    NO I am not I point out when he makes mistakes all the time. However unlike you I have seen agents sometimes say things that their clients are not aware of and players say things their agents are not aware. Given Wilson himself did not say it, but he did himself say he wanted to stay a hawk I tend to believe his agent spoke out of turn.

    But given it appears that possibility that the agent spoke out of turn is not something you are open to it appears you are a hater and as such foe you go.
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4406
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • I'd rather have Watson than Wilson tho
    King Dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1872
    Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:13 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


  • John63 wrote:
    NY Hawk wrote:"He didn't name teams his agent did" Seriously?? I see you are one of those who believe Wilson can walk on water and can change water in wine. Can turn a missing tooth into a gap. A bald spot into a part.



    NO I am not I point out when he makes mistakes all the time. However unlike you I have seen agents sometimes say things that their clients are not aware of and players say things their agents are not aware. Given Wilson himself did not say it, but he did himself say he wanted to stay a hawk I tend to believe his agent spoke out of turn.

    But given it appears that possibility that the agent spoke out of turn is not something you are open to it appears you are a hater and as such foe you go.

    So Automatically in your brain it was the agent and not RW. You just proved my point. I'm not a hater at all, I'm just real about mine. You on the other hand will make up an excuse at the drop of a hat for Wilson. He's the best QB this team has ever had hands down. I've always said that. But when you're wrong you're wrong and RW was dead wrong for naming other teams he would play for. HE THREW A PICK SIX IN THE PLAYOFFS. And had the nerve to complain about the team.
    Why couldn't he just say I think we need some help at this spot or that spot? If you want out just say it as I stated at the top of this post. And even after all that has gone down with Watson I'm still taking him in a trade if it came down to it. And keeping even more real this team would have back to back SB if RW wasn't thinking about himself and changed the call in the huddle. Oooh but noooo I'm gonna thow this pick at the one so the Seahawks can have the worst call in the history of SB's. Please....
    NY Hawk
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 36
    Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:05 pm


  • NY Hawk wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    NY Hawk wrote:"He didn't name teams his agent did" Seriously?? I see you are one of those who believe Wilson can walk on water and can change water in wine. Can turn a missing tooth into a gap. A bald spot into a part.



    NO I am not I point out when he makes mistakes all the time. However unlike you I have seen agents sometimes say things that their clients are not aware of and players say things their agents are not aware. Given Wilson himself did not say it, but he did himself say he wanted to stay a hawk I tend to believe his agent spoke out of turn.

    But given it appears that possibility that the agent spoke out of turn is not something you are open to it appears you are a hater and as such foe you go.

    So Automatically in your brain it was the agent and not RW. You just proved my point. I'm not a hater at all, I'm just real about mine. You on the other hand will make up an excuse at the drop of a hat for Wilson. He's the best QB this team has ever had hands down. I've always said that. But when you're wrong you're wrong and RW was dead wrong for naming other teams he would play for. HE THREW A PICK SIX IN THE PLAYOFFS. And had the nerve to complain about the team.
    Why couldn't he just say I think we need some help at this spot or that spot? If you want out just say it as I stated at the top of this post. And even after all that has gone down with Watson I'm still taking him in a trade if it came down to it. And keeping even more real this team would have back to back SB if RW wasn't thinking about himself and changed the call in the huddle. Oooh but noooo I'm gonna thow this pick at the one so the Seahawks can have the worst call in the history of SB's. Please....


    You could always go root for Watson if you think his values align better with your own.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4979
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


  • NY Hawk wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    NY Hawk wrote:"He didn't name teams his agent did" Seriously?? I see you are one of those who believe Wilson can walk on water and can change water in wine. Can turn a missing tooth into a gap. A bald spot into a part.



    NO I am not I point out when he makes mistakes all the time. However unlike you I have seen agents sometimes say things that their clients are not aware of and players say things their agents are not aware. Given Wilson himself did not say it, but he did himself say he wanted to stay a hawk I tend to believe his agent spoke out of turn.

    But given it appears that possibility that the agent spoke out of turn is not something you are open to it appears you are a hater and as such foe you go.

    So Automatically in your brain it was the agent and not RW. You just proved my point. I'm not a hater at all, I'm just real about mine. You on the other hand will make up an excuse at the drop of a hat for Wilson. He's the best QB this team has ever had hands down. I've always said that. But when you're wrong you're wrong and RW was dead wrong for naming other teams he would play for. HE THREW A PICK SIX IN THE PLAYOFFS. And had the nerve to complain about the team.
    Why couldn't he just say I think we need some help at this spot or that spot? If you want out just say it as I stated at the top of this post. And even after all that has gone down with Watson I'm still taking him in a trade if it came down to it. And keeping even more real this team would have back to back SB if RW wasn't thinking about himself and changed the call in the huddle. Oooh but noooo I'm gonna thow this pick at the one so the Seahawks can have the worst call in the history of SB's. Please....
    Just for a second think: if an agent made commitment without the OK from his client, he could be fired for such action, millions of revenue gone and reputation damaged. Only people void of thoughts could come up with excuses like this one.

    Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2856
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:44 pm


  • BlueTalon wrote:Wilson isn't going anywhere.

    And I like it that way.


    Agreed!!
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4406
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • I think we can all agree that the agent listing 4 teams was done with Russell's explicit input. It's plain as day. He's on top of his brand, and there's absolutely no way that a professional agent would just fabricate that.

    That being said, it still would've been dumb to accept a subpar offer that doesn't replace a franchise quarterback, especially for a perennial 10 win team.

    It'd be even dumber to trade him away for Harvey Weinstein Jr. (Deshaun Watson).
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4979
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


  • Maelstrom787 wrote:I think we can all agree that the agent listing 4 teams was done with Russell's explicit input. It's plain as day. He's on top of his brand, and there's absolutely no way that a professional agent would just fabricate that.

    That being said, it still would've been dumb to accept a subpar offer that doesn't replace a franchise quarterback, especially for a perennial 10 win team.

    It'd be even dumber to trade him away for Harvey Weinstein Jr. (Deshaun Watson).
    Sorry, not all of us agreed that the agent received Wilson's approval before naming those four teams. Some genius on dot net truly loved to say the agent did it without Wilson's ok.

    Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2856
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:44 pm


  • Msfann wrote:I would have only traded wilson for a teams entire draft for 10 years. And we know that's not even possible.



    Yeah with that many picks even we should be able to get something good.
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4406
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


  • John63 wrote:3rd under PC every QB he has ever head int e4h NFL were amongst the tops in sacks, hit, hurries and pressures. This is nto just a Wilson thing. This is a PC thing.


    This is such a red herring argument. You make it sound like Carroll has had years and years in the NFL prior to leading the Hawks. He spent 3 years in New England and 1 with the Jets. Out of that, only one year did the Quarterback (Bledsoe in 1999) place in the top 5 of sacks. Two seasons in top 10, 2 seasons in the bottom half. Both those lower seasons were with Bledsoe.

    While there is some fault with line play and scheme, Wilson also takes the blame for some of his sacks by holding on too long and not being willing to throw it away.
    OKHawksfan
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 45
    Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 7:51 am


  • OKHawksfan wrote:
    John63 wrote:3rd under PC every QB he has ever head int e4h NFL were amongst the tops in sacks, hit, hurries and pressures. This is nto just a Wilson thing. This is a PC thing.


    This is such a red herring argument. You make it sound like Carroll has had years and years in the NFL prior to leading the Hawks. He spent 3 years in New England and 1 with the Jets. Out of that, only one year did the Quarterback (Bledsoe in 1999) place in the top 5 of sacks. Two seasons in top 10, 2 seasons in the bottom half. Both those lower seasons were with Bledsoe.

    While there is some fault with line play and scheme, Wilson also takes the blame for some of his sacks by holding on too long and not being willing to throw it away.



    Red herring,So it was with Bledsoe does not change the facts. Maybe PC should have come up with a scheme or an oline that can block or let Bledsoe get the ball out quicker. The fact still remains every year PC has been in the league which is now 15 his QBs have been amongst the top most hit, hurried, sacked and pressured QBs in the league. All those Qbs except Wilson played under other coaches were they were not amongst the most hit, hurried, sacked, and pressured QBs in the league. Try as you might to explain away these facts, you really cant.

    ahh Wilson did say we need to get better, and he needs to get better so guess what that is called taking responsibility., PFF did a study and out of the sacks from last year about 12-15 they said were on Wilson. Guess what remove them, and he was still top 5 in sacks and also they said he saved at least 40 sacks.

    So lets see 5 different QBs all end up being amongst the tops in hits, hurries, sacks and pressure. With 4 of them having histories under other coaches were they were not amongst the tops, The common denominator PC and his system.

    That aside it is interesting how some here are not even willing to entertain the fact that at least part if not most of this issue is PC and his system but are more than willing to throw the QB, and oline under the bus.

    Now does Wilson hold, the ball longer than he should some times...yes. Sometimes there is a reason like down and distance, nos he needs to take what's there and not hold for something bigger. I also have no problem admitting sometime he has to hold the ball so the play can develop. Makes no sense throwing a 5 yard pass on 3rd and 20 give we are not a very good YAC team.

    This said I also see how PCs system and lack of really addressing the oline has also been a huge reason for this issue, and PCs history in the NFl shows that to be true.
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4406
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm




It is currently Sat May 08, 2021 5:48 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]




Information
  • Who is online