The end

pinksheets

Reaction score
You've spent this whole saga saying none of the rumors should be given any consideration because it was just reporters talking without naming specific sources. Now another reporter says Wilson is happy without explaining how he knows that and it's "the end".

If instead he said he wasn't happy in that same blurb you'd dismiss it as conjecture.

You're in a very specific bubble.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
pinksheets":3nrhc9zs said:
You've spent this whole saga saying none of the rumors should be given any consideration because it was just reporters talking without naming specific sources. Now another reporter says Wilson is happy without explaining how he knows that and it's "the end".

If instead he said he wasn't happy in that same blurb you'd dismiss it as conjecture.

Except we heard from Wilson he wants to stay in Seattle. We also have Wilson's tweets about Carson, the olinemam that we tried to get, and him saying go hawks again. Unlike all the others saying he wanted out. The fact this writer substantiate something that Wilson him self said gives them way more standing than the others who had nothing but conjecture. Fyi I think u the one in the bubble not me.

Maulbert

Reaction score
pinksheets":1apqr7ac said:

I know you're talking to OP, but I will say for myself, I genuinely thought there was a serious chance he would be traded over a week ago. Since the Chicago deal was turned down, I think it's all been bullshit, especially with this tweet yesterday:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/1374520308569313283[/tweet]

pinksheets

Reaction score
Maulbert":1svjtgsv said:
pinksheets":1svjtgsv said:

I know you're talking to OP, but I will say for myself, I genuinely thought there was a serious chance he would be traded over a week ago. Since the Chicago deal was turned down, I think it's all been bullshit, especially with this tweet yesterday:

You're moving to an extreme conclusion.

One of the few named sources in the whole thing was Russ's agent directly telling Adam Schefter the 4 teams to whom he'd accept a trade.

Regardless of the outcome, there's absolutely been something behind all of the chatter. Maybe Russ was trying to make a powerplay and bluffing, maybe he really wanted and even still wants out, maybe he was upset and is cool now - but the people saying it's all made up for clicks are either telling themselves what they want to hear or sincerely don't understand what's happening.

Maulbert

Reaction score
pinksheets":2kii9rar said:
Maulbert":2kii9rar said:
pinksheets":2kii9rar said:

One of the few named sources in the whole thing was Russ's agent directly telling Adam Schefter the 4 teams to whom he'd accept a trade.

Regardless of the outcome, there's absolutely been something behind all of the chatter. Maybe Russ was trying to make a powerplay and bluffing, maybe he really wanted and even still wants out, maybe he was upset and is cool now - but the people saying it's all made up for clicks are either telling themselves what they want to hear or sincerely don't understand what's happening.

Again, I think there was legitimacy to the earlier rumors, as I stated. The stories SINCE the Chicago deal was nixed are the ones I'm calling bullshit on.

Reading comprehension is a hell of a thing.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Setting aside Lawrence none of the QB’s are worth top 10 $$$, it’s not worth the risk for Seattle! Even the top of round 2 is sketchy! Lots of great QB prospects but they need time to develop! Mid round 3 is all I can stomach. QB Feleipi Franks is a “Seahawky” guy I like!

I want to trade RW but I can’t find a way to do it under these circumstances! The talent in round 1 isn’t good enough in my opinion. I see 1 LT, 1 WR, 2 CB’s, 1 TE, possibly 2 LB’s, possibly 1 Safety, 1 G.

If Seattle can find a way to draft Fields or Lance outside the top 10 it would be manageable assuming we pick up Darnold or Mariota. I really think Darnold or Mariota could break out, that and Fields or Lance under a reasonable contract makes sense.

Keeping RW and drafting Feleipe Franks in round 5 is my magic sauce right now.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Maulbert":3ky74cm5 said:
pinksheets":3ky74cm5 said:
Maulbert":3ky74cm5 said:
pinksheets":3ky74cm5 said:

Again, I think there was legitimacy to the earlier rumors, as I stated. The stories SINCE the Chicago deal was nixed are the ones I'm calling bullshit on.

So is writing with precise phrasing. C-

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
If teams had more cap space they could accommodate RW’s talent demands but nobody can do it this year. RW knows Seattle is his best shot a winning this year!

There’s only 1 way Jets, Oakland or Chicago could successfully recruit RW, redo his contract & make RW a 40 million dollar QB.

There’s multiple ways Jets, Oakland, New Orleans, Carolina, Miami, or Chicago could satisfy Seattle but all of them mean RW isn’t winning playoff games in 2021.

Jville

Reaction score
According to reliable sources ........... it's widely rumored that a tribe of hawk fans believe the Seattle Seahawks show is really just the Russell Wilson show with a cast of extras. Some even believe it's all filmed in a studio somewhere in Southern California. Possibly Ken Behring inspired ..... reliable sources say.

Sorry ......... I wanted to try my hand at spreading rumors.

Carry on with the topic ....... "The end"

JustTheTip

Reaction score
pinksheets":2kg9em3b said:
Maulbert":2kg9em3b said:
pinksheets":2kg9em3b said:
Maulbert":2kg9em3b said:

I had no trouble understanding his post.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Jville":1xp49lu5 said:
According to reliable sources ........... it's widely rumored that a tribe of hawk fans believe the Seattle Seahawks show is really just the Russell Wilson show with a cast of extras. Some even believe it's all filmed in a studio somewhere in Southern California. Possibly Ken Behring inspired ..... reliable sources say.

It was a good rumor until you tried to insinuate that Ken Behring ever inspired anything.

pinksheets

Reaction score
JustTheTip":2moxcr03 said:
pinksheets":2moxcr03 said:
Maulbert":2moxcr03 said:
pinksheets":2moxcr03 said:

I had no trouble understanding his post.

I'm happy for you, but this can be read two ways:

Since the Chicago deal was turned down, I think it's all been bullshit

1. That he believes none of the stories since that time.
2. That his belief in the legitimacy of most of it throughout was eliminated by news the Seahawks rejected an offer

Given that he was specifically replying to my critique of someone who has been denying the legitimacy of it from the beginning, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume he was going for the latter.

Knowing now what he meant now, I guess my reply would be, ".....Good for you, I guess?"

Jville

Reaction score
JustTheTip":23i19jwm said:
Jville":23i19jwm said:

It was a good rumor until you tried to insinuate that Ken Behring ever inspired anything.

But, it wasn't me that insinuated .......... said the author. It was those reliable sources.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks these rumors were fabricated need to take off their #3 onsie. Fact is the cap hit was too high and the picks were not where they needed to be to get him. I am glad it didn't happen. Mack is done and would of been an anchor. The 1st rd picks were way too low.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pinksheets":3jq2ijjp said:
Maulbert":3jq2ijjp said:
pinksheets":3jq2ijjp said:

Regardless of the outcome, there's absolutely been something behind all of the chatter. Maybe Russ was trying to make a powerplay and bluffing, maybe he really wanted and even still wants out, maybe he was upset and is cool now - but the people saying it's all made up for clicks are either telling themselves what they want to hear or sincerely don't understand what‘s happening.
Or maybe it was a move by Russ to leverage more power and more say in the offense?

Jville

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":16syg90f said:
pinksheets":16syg90f said:
Maulbert":16syg90f said:
pinksheets":16syg90f said:

I know you're talking to OP, but I will say for myself, I genuinely thought there was a serious chance he would be traded over a week ago. Since the Chicago deal was turned down, I think it's all been $h!t, especially with this tweet yesterday:

Regardless of the outcome, there's absolutely been something behind all of the chatter. Maybe Russ was trying to make a powerplay and bluffing, maybe he really wanted and even still wants out, maybe he was upset and is cool now - but the people saying it's all made up for clicks are either telling themselves what they want to hear or sincerely don't understand what‘s happening.
Or maybe it was a move by Russ to leverage more power and more say in the offense?

Does that led full circle back around to a thread theory that Ciara processes mind control over Russell?