Seahawks have agreed to re-sign OT Cedric Ogbuehi

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1374895055618535430[/tweet]
............... so Solari will have useful continuity and depth to build on.

This announcement combined with the Jordan Simmons announcement has made this a very productive day :2thumbs:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I like this!

This player was quite solid as a swing reliever last year.

The OLine in place has a good level of experience, familiarity and depth at every position except C.

This is a good season for OCs in the draft too

sutz

Reaction score
Given our limited number of draft picks, this is a great depth signing. And without knowing how the off season is going to look vis-a-vis covid protocols, it's nice to have most of our O-line be returning players with mutual familiarity.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Am I missing something or did RW want an upgraded line and we resigned everyone and added 1 player? Not making a value judgment just making sure I did not miss something.

sutz

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2v7db4f6 said:
Am I missing something or did RW want an upgraded line and we resigned everyone and added 1 player? Not making a value judgment just making sure I did not miss something.
No, you didn't miss anything, at least not with regards to the OL. :mrgreen:

I'm actually of the opinion that changing 3-4 guys on the OL every season is a BAD idea. YMMV, but there is some credibility to the concept that OL continuity helps improve things. The longer they work together the better they get and the 4 guys that are returning, and presumably starting, are not that bad as individual players IMHO.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":3mptsc2h said:

Yeah, unless a C is signed, I dont think its enough.

sutz

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":22dd87uq said:
JayhawkMike":22dd87uq said:

Yeah, unless a C is signed, I dont think its enough.
IDK, with two solid guards around him, I think Pocic will do just fine.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Interesting responses ...............

The Russell Wilson and a Cast of Extras Crowd is rarely complementary of other position groups. After all, they are just extras. Thus repetitive posts that result are a product of a narrow subject of interest and team view.

Then there is also the broader view that A Unit Is Only As Strong As It's Weakest Link. After all, defenses design match-ups which pit their best lineman against an offenses weakest link. In the minds of fans that rely on a pecking order list, that weak link is designated before the season begins and becomes locked in. This year's fan driven perception of that weak link appears to identify center Ethan Pocic. The reality is that the competition and how a defense can attack an offensive line can vary from week to week. So we have some who lock themselves into a pecking order before the first game and another group who can discern game to game variation.

There is also a group among us that recognizes and appreciates Continuity and the Building of Team Chemistry. A recognition that a developing unit can result in a whole that is greater than the sum of it's parts. I think we are fortunate to have Mike Solari developing this crew. I think he is the prime reason linemen are returning for a follow up year.

In this thread's responses, I see quite a mix in mental frame work from which various forum member are posting. That's the thing about this type of open forum. This forum invites a wide range of hierarchy of thought.

Carry on :biggthumpup:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I am reputed as a "sunshine pusher," but I was lower on Ogbuehi than anyone else here when he was signed, as I follow the Bengals closely as my second favorite team and watched him put in some of the worst performances I've ever seen from a lineman.

Seriously. He made Ifedi look like Willie Anderson.

His development has been awesome and he's a legitimate 2nd team swing tackle, judging by his play last year. I'm pleasantly surprised and he's earned his retention. Glad to be wrong on this one.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1376921212702519298[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1376923505673965571[/tweet]

Looks like $1,793,750 is the non-rounded (to 7 places} cap number for 2021.