Carlos Dunlap is coming back (per Schefter)

Allweatherfan

Reaction score
Glad to see him back

Free-agent DE Carlos Dunlap is resigning with the Seahawks on a two-year, $16.6 million deal that includes $8.5 million guaranteed, per his agent @DrewJRosenhaus.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

KillerB

Reaction score
"Free-agent DE Carlos Dunlap is resigning with the Seahawks on a two-year deal, $16.6 million deal that includes $8.5 million guaranteed, per his agent @DrewJRosenhaus"

Rat

Reaction score
Woo! Awesome news! Hope we can actually get him that deep playoff run.

KillerB

Reaction score
Took the "Jarran Reed" money and gave it to Dunlap, which is what I was hoping for.

Reed made a strange choice by preferring free agency (and likely a pay cut).

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Looks like they will have to make some creative financial decisions or other moves to get under the salary cap. Bobby Wagner next...or would some guys on the offense be the next on the chopping block - Duane Brown and Tyler Lockett?

KillerB

Reaction score
hawkfan68":17qascn8 said:
Looks like they will have to make some creative financial decisions or other moves to get under the salary cap. Bobby Wagner next...or would some guys on the offense be the next on the chopping block - Duane Brown and Tyler Lockett?

Indeed, they'll have to do something right quick. Currently (I think) about $5-6M over the cap. But so many guys they can restructure or extend to fix it: Bobby, Russell, Duane Brown, Lockett.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Was he set to make 14M year under the old deal? Was that the cap number too? If so nice to get him for less

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2f43naec said:

Yup 100%! Lockett trade rumors have been around for a while. Miami’s 2nds plus 2 OL rookies for Lockett that haul sounded to good to be true and should be dead now but if you compare the Bills trade for Diggs with Lockett it sure looks like a similar deal. Lockett may be older but he’s got better hands & is a special teams weapon.

As far as Wagner goes he’s a no brainer for Raiders, Washington, Panthers, and Indy. If Raiders aren’t going to trade for RW they better trade a couple round 1’s for Bobby or a 2021 1st & 2022 2nd for Bobby or someone’s getting fired for sure.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Good signing. Dunlap single handedly transformed that defense last year and saved them from the brink of a literal historically bad unit.

I just hope he keeps up the performance and continues to be an impactful force. I also hope he gets a new number. 43 is gross.

sutz

Reaction score
Good to hear. Things are coming together. Two years? Probably second year voidable. :mrgreen:

Whatever, I don't concern myself too much with contracts. Smarter minds than mine are working on that.

Suddenly the DL is a bit of a strength. :2thumbs:

:snack:

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1i3d3y1n said:
Was he set to make 14M year under the old deal? Was that the cap number too? If so nice to get him for less

$8 to $9 is pricey for Dunlap lets see the details. Bottom line they could have gone a cheaper route but decided to go after Dunlap so I gotta feel real good about this.

No way Rams can handle our D Line, Stafford is heading for IR!

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3m1ax5kq said:
Good signing. Dunlap single handedly transformed that defense last year and saved them from the brink of a literal historically bad unit.

I just hope he keeps up the performance and continues to be an impactful force. I also hope he gets a new number. 43 is gross.

Never believed Dunlap was primarily responsible for it, thought it was a group effort. If they paid Dunlap 8 or 9 a year I’m convinced your %100 right.

Always believed Jarren Reed was main the problem.

chris98251

Reaction score
Went from 14 million to 8 or so, he is a positive influence in the locker room also, he can rotate and be an impact guy like Haley late in his career. we have young bucks to take other snaps.

Now we need to resign Reed cheaper or get a couple immovable objects inside to rotate.

We have guys like Robinson and Taylor we have really no idea about yet and Greene who needs to step up now or be shipped out.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":2axbb7i6 said:
Thepeelsessions":2axbb7i6 said:

Always believed Jarren Reed was main the problem.

Reed was such an underachiever. Had one really good season. Then he was suspended, came back, and flopped the rest of his contract year.

He should've been much better than he was here. Especially with how he was touted coming out of Alabama.