Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carlos Dunlap is coming back (per Schefter)

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Welcome Back Dunlap!
Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:28 pm
  • Glad to see him back

Free-agent DE Carlos Dunlap is resigning with the Seahawks on a two-year, $16.6 million deal that includes $8.5 million guaranteed, per his agent @DrewJRosenhaus.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Allweatherfan
    NET Rookie

• "Free-agent DE Carlos Dunlap is resigning with the Seahawks on a two-year deal, $16.6 million deal that includes $8.5 million guaranteed, per his agent @DrewJRosenhaus"
    KillerB
    NET Starter

• This is great news!
    soohawk
    NET Veteran

• Woo! Awesome news! Hope we can actually get him that deep playoff run.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Awesome!
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

• Took the "Jarran Reed" money and gave it to Dunlap, which is what I was hoping for.

Reed made a strange choice by preferring free agency (and likely a pay cut).
    KillerB
    NET Starter

• Looks like they will have to make some creative financial decisions or other moves to get under the salary cap. Bobby Wagner next...or would some guys on the offense be the next on the chopping block - Duane Brown and Tyler Lockett?
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

• hawkfan68 wrote:Looks like they will have to make some creative financial decisions or other moves to get under the salary cap. Bobby Wagner next...or would some guys on the offense be the next on the chopping block - Duane Brown and Tyler Lockett?

Indeed, they'll have to do something right quick. Currently (I think) about $5-6M over the cap. But so many guys they can restructure or extend to fix it: Bobby, Russell, Duane Brown, Lockett.
    KillerB
    NET Starter

• Incredible offseason thus far.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Was he set to make 14M year under the old deal? Was that the cap number too? If so nice to get him for less
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan68 wrote:Looks like they will have to make some creative financial decisions or other moves to get under the salary cap. Bobby Wagner next...or would some guys on the offense be the next on the chopping block - Duane Brown and Tyler Lockett?

Yup 100%! Lockett trade rumors have been around for a while. Miami’s 2nds plus 2 OL rookies for Lockett that haul sounded to good to be true and should be dead now but if you compare the Bills trade for Diggs with Lockett it sure looks like a similar deal. Lockett may be older but he’s got better hands & is a special teams weapon.

As far as Wagner goes he’s a no brainer for Raiders, Washington, Panthers, and Indy. If Raiders aren’t going to trade for RW they better trade a couple round 1’s for Bobby or a 2021 1st & 2022 2nd for Bobby or someone’s getting fired for sure.
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

• Good signing. Dunlap single handedly transformed that defense last year and saved them from the brink of a literal historically bad unit.

I just hope he keeps up the performance and continues to be an impactful force. I also hope he gets a new number. 43 is gross.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

• Good to hear. Things are coming together. Two years? Probably second year voidable. :mrgreen:

Whatever, I don't concern myself too much with contracts. Smarter minds than mine are working on that.

Suddenly the DL is a bit of a strength. :2thumbs:

:snack:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• HawkRiderFan wrote:Was he set to make 14M year under the old deal? Was that the cap number too? If so nice to get him for less

$8 to $9 is pricey for Dunlap lets see the details. Bottom line they could have gone a cheaper route but decided to go after Dunlap so I gotta feel real good about this.

No way Rams can handle our D Line, Stafford is heading for IR!
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

• Thepeelsessions wrote:Good signing. Dunlap single handedly transformed that defense last year and saved them from the brink of a literal historically bad unit.

I just hope he keeps up the performance and continues to be an impactful force. I also hope he gets a new number. 43 is gross.

Never believed Dunlap was primarily responsible for it, thought it was a group effort. If they paid Dunlap 8 or 9 a year I’m convinced your %100 right.

Always believed Jarren Reed was main the problem.
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

• Went from 14 million to 8 or so, he is a positive influence in the locker room also, he can rotate and be an impact guy like Haley late in his career. we have young bucks to take other snaps.

Now we need to resign Reed cheaper or get a couple immovable objects inside to rotate.

We have guys like Robinson and Taylor we have really no idea about yet and Greene who needs to step up now or be shipped out.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• LET’S GO!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

• FresnoHawk68 wrote:
    Thepeelsessions wrote:Good signing. Dunlap single handedly transformed that defense last year and saved them from the brink of a literal historically bad unit.

Always believed Jarren Reed was main the problem.

Reed was such an underachiever. Had one really good season. Then he was suspended, came back, and flopped the rest of his contract year.

He should've been much better than he was here. Especially with how he was touted coming out of Alabama.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

• Carlos Dunlap does it right.

He brings a controlled pass rush while maintaining outside leverage verses the run.

Complete player that brings leadership to the field of play.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• This is great news. Dunlap is a very good DE and our Defense is going to start this season how they ended it last season.

I don't love losing Reed, but adding Gabe Jackson, Everett, Hyder as new starters are good moves. The Hyder signing makes more sense now as he will slide inside to replace Reed.
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

• I’m stoked.

:{)
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• Fantastic news
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• Great, we now have Dunlap and For-Mal-D-Hyder. :lol:
    Seriously though, this is Fantastic !! :irishdrinkers:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Great news!
    John63
    NET Veteran

• Now this is really good news! Welcome back Carlos! :irishdrinkers:
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• .......................... on a three man rush.
    Last edited by Jville on Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Jville wrote:

How many of those game ending/saving sacks did he have? I know he had a few.

Excited that he’s back. Phenomenal player.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

• This seals it for me. Officially ecstatic over our Free Agency. A+.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• For an off season that was supposed to be boring this year been very good. Now let’s get KJ back and get back to kicking butt.
    nwHawk
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• I’m glad he is back.

He makes KNJ look slightly less like the worst DC in the league. Not getting Quin was outright stupid though.
    JayhawkMike
    NET Veteran

• I like Dunlap for more than just his positional prowess. He is the kind of player who builds team spirit and unity, which is a very necessary component for success. I feel retaining Dunlap was one of the essential moves we had to make.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

• Very glad to see him back.

"Geno, Geno, Geno..."
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

• This is the signing I've been hoping for.

Dunlap gives us a front line edge disrupter that can pull down 10+ sacks if he stays healthy.........and I'm just fine with this signing coming at the expense of Reed being cut.

Dude has never performed without an elite pass rusher next to him. His best year was when he played next to Clark, and 6 of his 8 sacks last year came after we traded for Dunlap.

Don't get me wrong I wish we had the cap to keep both Reed and sign Dunlap. But if I'm choosing? Goodbye Jarran.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Appyhawk wrote:I like Dunlap for more than just his positional prowess. He is the kind of player who builds team spirit and unity, which is a very necessary component for success. I feel retaining Dunlap was one of the essential moves we had to make.

Exactly this! I couldn't agree more and was the reason I was really hoping he would be resigned. And the man deserves to hear the roar of the 12's on gameday!
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:This seals it for me. Officially ecstatic over our Free Agency. A+.

:ditto: :irishdrinkers:
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• Sgt. Largent wrote:This is the signing I've been hoping for.

Dunlap gives us a front line edge disrupter that can pull down 10+ sacks if he stays healthy.........and I'm just fine with this signing coming at the expense of Reed being cut.

Dude has never performed without an elite pass rusher next to him. His best year was when he played next to Clark, and 6 of his 8 sacks last year came after we traded for Dunlap.

Don't get me wrong I wish we had the cap to keep both Reed and sign Dunlap. But if I'm choosing? Goodbye Jarran.

Yup. Basically said the same thing in an email this morning when someone mentioned losing Reed.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• A+
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Seahawks must have turned in the paper work ........

Today is a good day and now it is even better :2thumbs:
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

It is currently Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:00 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information