SEAHAWKS.NET Podcast

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
In an attempt to broaden the .net experience we are going to set up a podcast to talk about all things Seahawks and NFL related. The idea is to expand on topics raised here alongside new thoughts and ideas. I have a few more initial ideas but that depends on wants to get involved and how things develop over time.

This isnt a vanity project for me or one of those annoying podcasts where they have the same people on, I really want to try to make this a community thing and that requires interaction and ideas from whomever wants to be involved.

Leave any thoughts / suggestions / ideas / vitriolic abuse below or PM me if you are shy.

PS - The mods are running a sweep on how long before this thread gets derailed / shacked!

Jville

Reaction score
Well, somebody needs to kick this off with a response ........................

Forums have a history of going off topic via blame accusations. It seems to me that the primary cause is due to "things we don't know".

For example ............. of the things I don't know that interest me is the rather limited coverage on the usefulness of all 22 and next gen stats as it applies to game planing. The ongoing evolution of tracking via shoulder chips must be awesome. I review flight and shipping tracks from time to time. I gotta think that track reviews of Russell's roll outs and other movements must be paying big dividends for opponents. Among other things, It could explain a lot about play calling and week to week game plans for both competing teams.

In sports as well as other fields, it''s often what is being omitted that is the most telling and informative. So much noise is generated by unsupported assumption and speculation. It's all too common to collectively generate arguments over who's guesswork or interpretation is correct. So, perhaps podcast topics that address things the traditional media doesn't cover or leaves on the editor's floor might be useful in support of a better forum.

acer1240

Reaction score
Good idea and I'll listen to any episodes not featuring Canadians.

Are you planning on having a topic of the week or will it just be banter?

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
acer1240":3qmoebrm said:

Banning Canadians seems a sensible precaution. :lol:

To clarify, there will be a few topics and not just topics mentioned in this thread, the plan is to take a few subjects from the various forums on teh site and flesh them out. The smack shack topic might be the place for the banter and we may end up with an R rating.

The thing I need more than anything is volunteers to be on the show otherwise its just me talking by myself and whilst I know you'll all be enamoured by my dulcet English tones it does strike me as a bit boring.

chris98251

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2jnhpj4y said:
acer1240":2jnhpj4y said:

Banning Canadians seems a sensible precaution. :lol:

To clarify, there will be a few topics and not just topics mentioned in this thread, the plan is to take a few subjects from the various forums on teh site and flesh them out. The smack shack topic might be the place for the banter and we may end up with an R rating.

The thing I need more than anything is volunteers to be on the show otherwise its just me talking by myself and whilst I know you'll all be enamoured by my dulcet English tones it does strike me as a bit boring.

Touching anything in the Shack or the Politics forum needs to be rated X for explicit material.

You go to the Red Light district your going to get dirty or catch something.

We see analytics and shit all over, more in depth aspects of players, games, X's and O's.

All of us can go look at Stats and Analytics which is dry as shit to talk about over and over.

You could spend a year talking about whether Wilson will be here next year however, I am sure John63 would be on that Podcast.

acer1240

Reaction score
Sign me up. I can argue for an hour.

Plus, I have a sexy voice

Jville

Reaction score
:177692: I'll pass.

After further consideration, sounds like something for the Shack.

Not interested.

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Jville":2vs4492d said:

Not interested.

It really isnt. The thread here is just making fun of the ridiculousness in the shack. No way would I let that move over to this project.

The BBC have a motto "inform educate entertain" and I'd like this to be along similar lines. It needs to be relevant and educational but ultimately fun.

chris98251

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":o98vuzcm said:
Jville":o98vuzcm said:

Not interested.

It really isnt. The thread here is just making fun of the ridiculousness in the shack. No way would I let that move over to this project.

The BBC have a motto "inform educate entertain" and I'd like this to be along similar lines. It needs to be relevant and educational but ultimately fun.

The BBC is a broadcast from Canada as well right ?

8)

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Yes it literally stands for Broadcast By Canadians. Few people know that fact.

If you want podcast clicks all you have to do is make it about trading Wilson - seems to be the go-to subject for most sporting outlets.

Or do you mean to make it about .Net itself? You could read through the posts of the past week and determine a "post of the week" to discuss. The competition to be picked might improve the quality of posts here. Maybe get some interns to do it though - you'd probably want to claw your eyes out after reading all the posts.

chris98251

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":2wwfe7q6 said:

If you want podcast clicks all you have to do is make it about trading Wilson - seems to be the go-to subject for most sporting outlets.

Or do you mean to make it about .Net itself? You could read through the posts of the past week and determine a "post of the week" to discuss. The competition to be picked might improve the quality of posts here. Maybe get some interns to do it though - you'd probably want to claw your eyes out after reading all the posts.

He's a MOD now, he is suppose to bleed his eyes dry, I read every post every day, but I read fast and if you skim read also thru the BS and things it doesn't take that long. Remembering key posts out of thousands per week could be the problem, You would have to highlight or copy and put someplace to reference and then associate it with the subject matter, then determine relevance or best retort or most informative etc. Very subjective.

Plus he is a Brit / false Canadian, they sometimes don't understand our way of derogatory slang insult humor.

They feel we have made English a cesspool, we should speak it as proper as they do.

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":1rot8i9d said:

My plan was to take topics from the forum and expand but if there was something else that was relevant or interesting then that would be fair game.

I'm trying to reach out to seahawks alum who might be interested in joining us. This website has a far reach for seahawk fans. Let me know if there is anyone people would feel would make good guests.

Also still looking for volunteers to be on the show and people who might be interested in making a theme tune / artwork.

olyfan63

Reaction score
chris98251":1ipkbs43 said:
[
--snip--
Remembering key posts out of thousands per week could be the problem, You would have to highlight or copy and put someplace to reference and then associate it with the subject matter, then determine relevance or best retort or most informative etc. Very subjective.

Plus he is a Brit / false Canadian, they sometimes don't understand our way of derogatory slang insult humor.

They feel we have made English a cesspool, we should speak it as proper as they do.

I'm not offended by Brits and false Canadians who can't speak proper American. We can properly corrupt them and drag them deeper into our language cesspool given enough time. Once we get the nose submerged it's pretty much over, and they'll find themself saying "7 to zero" instead of "7 to nil". :0190l:

A podcast as described by the OP sounds interesting and would be worth a visit or two to check out. It's sounding like the concept is along the lines of a radio host call-in show. A thoughtful analysis of different topics/threads of the week would be interesting, maybe pick a small handful to summarize the discussion and have some friendly and substantive "on-air" discussion. :rumble:

:idea: Really, the OP would just need to try it, with a startup approach, a Minimum Viable Product, if you will, and then make adjustments based on the experience and feedback. Sometimes things that sound good up front just don't work out. Like a schitty Schotty Seahawks game plan that fails to account for pass pro mismatches and fails to move Russell around or incorporate screen passes. I'm sure Schotty must have thought he had a perfectly workable game plan going in. I'd expect within a few episodes of the podcast it would be possible to find a repeatable, winning formula.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
This is a cool idea. Good podcasts are hard to come by.

A few questions:

1. Would it be purely sports based (no shack or politics talk)?

2. Is it possible to include Mariners and The Seattle Hockey Team talk?

3. Could Fresno be a host/co-host?

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":2ns49upg said:
This is a cool idea. Good podcasts are hard to come by.

A few questions:

1. Would it be purely sports based (no shack or politics talk)?

2. Is it possible to include Mariners and The Seattle Hockey Team talk?

3. Could Fresno be a host/co-host?

1 and 2 - The idea is to draw inspiration from seahawks.net so whilst it would be mostly Seahawk stuff I think there could be space for other topics discussed on the site. In my mind I thought we could finish with a light hearted nod towards the smack shack but keeping the vulgarity to a minimum and not taking it too seriously.

3 - Since literally noone has volunteered to co host I'm not sure I can be too fussy :lol:

I'm attempting to reach out to various Seattle sports figures to see if they would like to be part of the show as a guest.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":zxrmtvow said:
In an attempt to broaden the .net experience we are going to set up a podcast to talk about all things Seahawks and NFL related. The idea is to expand on topics raised here alongside new thoughts and ideas. I have a few more initial ideas but that depends on wants to get involved and how things develop over time.

This isnt a vanity project for me or one of those annoying podcasts where they have the same people on, I really want to try to make this a community thing and that requires interaction and ideas from whomever wants to be involved.

Leave any thoughts / suggestions / ideas / vitriolic abuse below or PM me if you are shy.

PS - The mods are running a sweep on how long before this thread gets derailed / shacked!

Seahawks NET youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl5njm ... BSJ8y5Rj2w

I will need to get UK access to make and upload videos. Was hoping to have a session called Coffee and Beer because of our time zone differences.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1d4v5a3f said:
Was hoping to have a session called Coffee and Beer because of our time zone differences.

I like the sound of that. Coffee is always a good talking point.

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3t6x94ng said:
Wenhawk":3t6x94ng said:
Was hoping to have a session called Coffee and Beer because of our time zone differences.

I like the sound of that. Coffee is always a good talking point.

We will have to get Decaf Metcalf on as first guest.

byau

Reaction score
I like it, it sounds interesting. The few things I would suggest

1) start out keeping it short, maybe 30 minutes or less? Just a taste and if people want more then can make it longer, better that then too long and it drives people away (which is one reason I barely get through an episode on a podcast recommended to me)

2) I'd be interested in talking :) However, I am just a casual fan, I know very little about any kind of technical terms or details. I could not analyze a play, or if I try, i'm sure I would be an easy target for more knowledgable fans to poke fun at. And I could guess there might be a lot of people like me: meaning interested in chatting, but may also feel hesitant because of level of , or lack of, knowledge. So this is just a long way to ask: you have mentioned the topics you might talk about, at what level would you be talking about them? How do you picture an episode sounding in your head? Is the target audience an expert type person or a casual type person? Are you looking for experts to talk or casual fans to talk? If casual fans, then what type of approaches to topics are you thinking that might keep things interesting?

Just a few thoughts I had.

Cheers :)

QuahHawk

Reaction score
So I think UK will be doing them.moreregularly, I'd want to be on the first maybe first two episodes. Probably having a guest poster every episode would be really cool. Think we could use Zoom and we'd keep to probably 20-30min episode's.

First thoughts on inaugural episode
Discussion offseason moves to date, have some info but also post opinions and maybe even highlight a few arguments presented by members of the site and specific post.

2nd episode would be cool to talk pre draft, what we need some positions of need, some suggestions or players to watch that posters have mentioned.

I really like the idea of having those who are interested in being a guest if they want also using it as kinda of a reward recognition for someone who had a great point on the forum.