Gabe Jackson Press Conference

Jville

Reaction score
Nice sit down press conference. Thanks for posting :2thumbs:

The following is interesting .......................

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1377001418620551170[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Joe_Fann/status/1377002934496501761[/tweet]

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Gabe Jackson is a really solid acquisition on the line. Seems to be long-term, too. It seems the bridge has likely been mostly rebuilt with Russ, and this sort of investment is a great peace offering. Guard position is absolutely hammered down now.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1t160qpn said:
Gabe Jackson is a really solid acquisition on the line. Seems to be long-term, too. It seems the bridge has likely been mostly rebuilt with Russ, and this sort of investment is a great peace offering. Guard position is absolutely hammered down now.
It’s too bad Seattle doesn’t have a top 5 pick, I would love to pair Gabe Jackson with Penei Sewell.

That could be a devastating left side for a defenses right side.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1tj7xq9w said:

Agreed and add in, he already spoke with Wilson and as Gabe said Wilson was very excited

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
The extension and subsequent cap relief and talking with Russ are the two big things I took out of that (I am sure I am not alone in that).

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Great news, and JS working his magic, yet again.
I'm sure someone will come poo poo it and say they paid way too much, etc.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":17ncz0oc said:
Maelstrom787":17ncz0oc said:
It’s too bad Seattle doesn’t have a top 5 pick, I would love to pair Gabe Jackson with Penei Sewell.

That could be a devastating left side for a defenses right side.

I'm still high on Brown and think he's got another elite season left in him, but 2022 looms large with Pocic, Brown, and Shell set to hit FA.

Sewell reminds me a ton of Walter Jones in his agility and ability to recover with speed without losing power. Of course, I'd never expect him to become Walter, but he reminds me of Walter coming out. God, that'd be amazing to get him.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
We basically gave him the same contract we were gonna give Ziegler. 7-8 apy and cap relief looks a lot better than 9-10 apt for a 5th round pick.

And again Gabe Jackson, on paper from reputation , is the best pass-blocking OG the Seahawks have had in almost a decade and half. Some of the feeling I get is that this is just a guy in the mix but his production on the field can greatly impact and influence an Oline that does need more consistency and more confidence in pass-pro.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3jb239qe said:
We basically gave him the same contract we were gonna give Ziegler. 7-8 apy and cap relief looks a lot better than 9-10 apt for a 5th round pick.

And again Gabe Jackson, on paper from reputation , is the best pass-blocking OG the Seahawks have had in almost a decade and half. Some of the feeling I get is that this is just a guy in the mix but his production on the field can greatly impact and influence an Oline that does need more consistency and more confidence in pass-pro.

Per Dave Wyman, Iupati blew a lot of assignments, which made life hard on Duane and Ethan. Iupati was past his due date last year, just like many signings we've made recently. But part of that's on Russ. He asked for a Superstar (even though he had Lockett, Chris Carson and Metcalf already on his team. And he got an ancient TE for 7 million wasted dollars.

Just think if they could have spent that money on a guard last year. :snack:

Tinamedina

Reaction score
ivotuk":qnup2hg0 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":qnup2hg0 said:

Per Dave Wyman, Iupati blew a lot of assignments, which made life hard on Duane and Ethan. Iupati was past his due date last year, just like many signings we've made recently. But part of that's on Russ. He asked for a Superstar (even though he had Lockett, Chris Carson and Metcalf already on his team. And he got an ancient TE for 7 million wasted dollars.

stop blaming russell wilson for john and petes bad picks and signings

they wasted 74 million dollars last year, was that russell wlilson's fault too?

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
ivotuk":igdy1jdx said:
Pandion Haliaetus":igdy1jdx said:

So Wilson asked for a superstar, he did not pick who they got, that's on PC and js.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Give up John, it's like clapping with one hand. BOTH sides have handled this poorly.
The Front office, Russ/His Agent.
And in case you don't already know Tina, ALL things are Russ' fault, especially on dot negative :mrgreen:

HawkFreak

Reaction score
John63":143zufzl said:
ivotuk":143zufzl said:
Pandion Haliaetus":143zufzl said:

So Wilson asked for a superstar, he did not pick who they got, that's on PC and js.

Actually...didn't Wilson specifically ask for superstar AB? And they gave him Olsen.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Um, Zietler took LESS money to go to Baltimore. Hawks offered MORE. Also, they re-did Jackson's deal, and it's 7.5 per, for 3 years. That's a hell of a deal for a guy who was at around 11 mil per.
Math is hard, but at some point it IS ok to give the front office some credit for doing a solid job.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
For sure, I think people are going to like this guy on and off the field. And you gotta' love that accent, so good.