Now that the offseason and free agency has moved along.....

gowazzu02

Reaction score
How you feeling? Im especially interested in the chicken little sky is falling folks who were freaking out after the first day or two of free agency.

Since what day 3 or maybe even 4 we've:

Traded for a serious upgrade at LG in Jackson and extended him
Resigned Mayowa
Resigned Dunlap
Signed Everett
Cut Reed
Redid Locketts deal
Signed Witherspoon
Resigned Poona
Resigned Pocic, Simmons and Ogbueye (can't spell his name for the life of me)

Edit: How the heck did I forget resigned Carson

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
All things considered I am quite ecstatic with our free agency signings. Would have loved to land some of the upper echelon OL that were available momentarily but wasn't financially feasible at this time, but love Jackson, he will be great for us.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
One of the things I still like about Pete is the way he runs free agency. Though even that can likely use a tweak. It seems as often as not the team is left with a glaring hole going into the season that requires a trade involving entirely too much draft capital.

flv

Reaction score
There are very few good NFL teams who improve in March. The 2021 Seahawks are 1 of them.

kf3339

Reaction score
This is the first FA period for several years that was a very strong win in my book! We didn't reach, but made very strategic FA signings and a great trade for an OG. We are now set up well for our few draft picks and can still bring in a few more FA's, if needed.

You have to give them credit, when it's due! :irishdrinkers:

I would like to see KJ re-signed and Sherman come back home. That is if the money can be worked out. :2thumbs:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Need to sign some guys in the secondary, one more LB, and a WR3. Overall its been pretty good.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
It's been a fantastic offseason. They retained the guys they needed to, and at significant discount in the case of Dunlap. Signed Carson for below expected market. Got an absolute STEAL on Hyder's contract.

They adjusted big-time towards voidable years at the RIGHT time to take advantage of the imminent large cap rise.

It's been a good one.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1xmn3w5v said:
How you feeling? Im especially interested in the chicken little sky is falling folks who were freaking out after the first day or two of free agency.

Since what day 3 or maybe even 4 we've:

Traded for a serious upgrade at LG in Jackson and extended him
Resigned Mayowa
Resigned Dunlap
Signed Everett
Cut Reed
Redid Locketts deal
Signed Witherspoon
Resigned Poona
Resigned Pocic, Simmons and Ogbueye (can't spell his name for the life of me)

Edit: How the heck did I forget resigned Carson

Hyder is also worth mentioning. Big boost to the line, thought, losing Reed does hurt a little but cap room needed to be made. I'm interested after the smoke clears in a couple days, how much cap room we have left or how much more needs to be made in order to get another corner (maybe Sherman or Dunbar), a WR3 (AB, Tate, Westbrook or Stills) and resign KJ Wright.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm 70% happy with the moves so far, especially Jackson and bringing back Dunlap.

I still need a DB, LB and WR3 signing to truly feel like this is a successful off season, because we have very few picks to fill some major starting positions.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I would feel a lot better if they would have signed a good center. I think the Everett signing was a waste of money too.

Still giving them a C so far.

Fade

Reaction score
Too much scotch taping of the roster as per usual. But this year it was necessary due to the cap and the Wilson situation. B- grade. Need a 3rd Wideout, Need to upgrade Center, Need to find another RB in the draft that can stay healthy. Need a LT of the future, Need a kick and punt returner. Need another corner, Need to upgrade the 3T position.

The roster still needs a lot of work.

massari

Reaction score
Sucks they didn't/couldn't get Haason Reddik for the price he went for. Seems perfect for the Irvin role.

Sherman, Geno Atkins, Tate/AB, and KJ are probably the best free agents available for the positions of need. Sign them please.

If they can trade Adams to get back a 1st round pick, and open extra cap space, that would be great.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I have to wonder, will the Hawks play a bunch of 4-2-5 this season?

chris98251

Reaction score
We don't need a third WR we have Swain and Ursua that will make as much impact as anyone signed that has to learn the system and catch up.

You don't need size and big speed in the Rams offense you need to catch the damn ball and get YAC, Ursua and Sewain can do that.

Center will be fine if they run the Rams offense, need more mobility and Pocic has that.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
chris98251":218avbqe said:
Center will be fine if they run the Rams offense, need more mobility and Pocic has that.

Will it though? Funny how this is the only signing that Russ didnt congratulate. Its an area of concern.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":24lbng0z said:
chris98251":24lbng0z said:

Will it though? Funny how this is the only signing that Russ didnt congratulate. Its an area of concern.
He obviously doesn’t like him. He threw his online under the bus and I hope they play amazing this year. And then if Russ does the same second half crash then who is he going to blame. We should start betting on who Russ will blame for his failures this coming season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
HawkinNY":3iuzrc2e said:
pittpnthrs":3iuzrc2e said:
chris98251":3iuzrc2e said:

He obviously doesn’t like him. He threw his online under the bus and I hope they play amazing this year. And then if Russ does the same second half crash then who is he going to blame. We should start betting on who Russ will blame for his failures this coming season.

He's put up HOF numbers since he's been here with awful offensive lines. He wont be the issue.

The Oline needed a LG and C upgrade and Pete only addressed one of them. Its almost as if he half-assed it on purpose. Its like telling Russ 'I'll give you some of want you want, but not all of it' just to see how far he can push it.

chris98251

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1rhemk2w said:
HawkinNY":1rhemk2w said:
pittpnthrs":1rhemk2w said:
chris98251":1rhemk2w said:

He's put up HOF numbers since he's been here with awful offensive lines. He wont be the issue.

The Oline needed a LG and C upgrade and Pete only addressed one of them. Its almost as if he half-assed it on purpose. Its like telling Russ 'I'll give you some of want you want, but not all of it' just to see how far he can push it.

Really we need 56 First round picks to fill all our real needs and have the right level of depth, Trade Wilson for 56 first rounders.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I'd be ok with trading Russ for 56 first rounders.