Gerald Everett 2021 Offseason Press Conference

Jville

Reaction score
Gerald Everett 2021 Offseason Press Conference >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/video/gerald-everett-2021-offseason-press-conference[/urltargetblank]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JenTalksSports/status/1377719301310832640[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JenTalksSports/status/1377719778664587266[/tweet]

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Waldron the #1 reason he signed with Seattle? Well duh. I'm sure they are buddies. "The element of surprise"? Yeah, i'll be surprised if he even has the weak numbers he had last season.

Oh well, they cant draft one so I suppose they have to pick one up every couple of years.

Maulbert

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1d114pwe said:
Waldron the #1 reason he signed with Seattle? Well duh. I'm sure they are buddies. "The element of surprise"? Yeah, i'll be surprised if he even has the weak numbers he had last season.

Oh well, they cant draft one so I suppose they have to pick one up every couple of years.

If you must be a pessimist, why don't you root for the Mariners? Learn what REAL suffering is.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Maulbert":1jbmfr22 said:
pittpnthrs":1jbmfr22 said:

If you must be a pessimist, why don't you root for the Mariners? Learn what REAL suffering is.

I'm an A's fan. It hasent been much better for me.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
After reading the .com content, it’s hard not to like Everett as a person, he seems really grounded, and understands his opportunity to really establish himself as a premier TE now that he’s out of the shadow of Tyler Higbee.

I know people want to see a name WR take over WR3 but I think as is in a Waldron/McVay passing scheme Wilson options will look like this:

1a, b) WR Lockett, WR Metcalf
3a, b) TE Everett, RB Carson
5.) TE Dissly
6.) WR Swain
7.) RB Penny
8.) RB Dallas

Lockett and Metcalf are as elite duo you’ll find in this league
Everett is capable of moving out wide or inside as a slot, his potential a big time chess piece that can force mismatches whether as a receiver or blocker is a welcoming addition to an offense not trying to be stagnant and predictable.
Carson took big steps as receiver and now is under an OC that prominently schemes it’s RB open into space.
Dissly can be a ninja chain-mover/RZ threat.
Swain has looked more promising than any of the WRs Seahawks have drafted in Rounds 4-7 than maybe Moore.

And a lot of these guys have YAC potential whether it’s through finesse or physicality or both.

toffee

Reaction score
Dude has 8.5" hand, and never overwhelmed except for one game against the Hawks while played for a offense genius.

Is he a good blocker?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
TE Gerald Everett may not be the end blocker the Seahawks already have in Will Dissly. But, he likely brings a versatility and enabling improvisation to the tight end position. It may prove to be somewhat analogous to what Tyler Lockett brings to the wide receiver group. Teams need complementary personnel who offer a mix of skills to successfully match up well in week to week contests.

P.S. I thought Everett's press conference offered useful insight into his mental orientation. For me, it provided a good indication that he will likely fit in quickly.
EDIT: There remains a massive systemic bias against players with small hands. But not so with John Schneider. Tyler Lockett's 8 3/8-inch hands pretty much ended the myth of hand size as a stand alone predictor of success in Seattle.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jville":2ecuwjsk said:
TE Gerald Everett may not be the end blocker the Seahawks already have in Will Dissly. But, he likely brings a versatility and enabling improvisation to the tight end position. It may prove to be somewhat analogous to what Tyler Lockett brings to the wide receiver group. Teams need complementary personnel who offer a mix of skills to successfully match up well in week to week contests.

P.S. I thought Everett's press conference offered useful insight into his mental orientation. For me, it provided a good indication that he will likely fit in quickly.
EDIT: There remains a massive systemic bias against players with small hands. But not so with John Schneider. Tyler Lockett's 8 3/8-inch hands pretty much ended the myth of hand size as a stand alone predictor of success in Seattle.

Smaller hands can be stronger hands also, the thing is it really isn't about catching but securing. Remember these guys have been using those same hands their whole life, larger hands can encompass more of the ball when you put it away, yes longer fingers can act like a web so to speak, but they also may not be as strong in holding and gripping a pass. How many WR get broken fingers. If that extra inch is a pass going away doubtful that that last knuckle is going to be able to control it.

I am willing to bet Steve Largent didn't have hands that were excess of 9 inches also. With no gloves at that.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
How do they measure hands?
My hand measures only little over 7.5 from heel to tip of middle finger. 9.5 from end of thumb to end of spread pinky. I can palm a basketball, and I think anyone who can palm a basketball has plenty of "net" to catch a football. But I don't think hand strength has a lot to do with having great hands to catch a football. In fact I believe having great eye focus and timing has more to do with that skill.
We already know Everett can catch a football. His versatility as a player would indicate great all around athleticism. Great all around athleticism would indicate a guy who can do whatever he sets his mind to do. I can see a strong possibility Everett will become a major contributor to this already potent offense. I can also see probability of a diminishing role for Diss.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I always wondered how they measure hands. Guess I never looked it up. I guess hand size for a receiver isn’t as important as one for a QB. I bet some taller WR had huge hands and dropped more and vice versa. I have big hands for my 5’8 height. My brother in law has tiny hands and he’s 6’0. Like girl hands. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk