Bored. 2021/2022 season predictions

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Okay - will Russ stay? Will Russ go? I'm guessing he's staying for 2021 - and possibly leaving for 2022 season.

FA/Draft is not done - and I have no idea whether I'm stomping on someone's annual 'Predict the upcoming season thread" -

I ran all the games through a simulator - and added 3 points for the Hawks to each game based on 2020/2021 stats - just due to initial changes on the Oline and resigning of noE and Carson.

Hawks score listed as the 'first' score even for away games.

Home:

Cardinals - 37-26 - W
Rams - 22-17 - W
49ers - 17-27 - L
Bears (no Russ for you!) - 38-19 W
Lions - 41-34 - W
Jaguars - 41-17 - W
Titans - 30-35 - L (I don't think this will be a loss though).
Saints 10-31 - L (no Brees - ?).

Away:

Cardinals - 30-23 - W
Rams - 9-19 - L
49ers - 26-34 - L
Packers - 18-20 - L
Vikings - 24-23 - W
Texans - 37-3 - W
Colts - 23-27 - L
Washington - 37-17 - W
Steelers - 27-16 - W

Soooooo - 10-7 as a final season record. Again, it's early - and I just picked a random simulator off of last years teams (nflgamesim.com). NO FA changes were accounted for - (cardinals anyone with JJ?????) -

I'm hoping that both the predicted losses to the 49ers are both wrong - and that ends up looking more like 12-5. And, I don't think the Titans are as scary as they are supposed to be - so I'm reversing that one too. SO - 13-4?

What does everyone else think? So many intangibles with FA changes and the upcoming draft - but again, I'm bored.

I'm gonna call it 12-5.

AND, I'm gonna call making the playoffs. AND, if Carson is healthy, I'm gonna call making it to the Conference playoff game - and hope to GOD it's not against the pack.

Clearly I'm bored!

:0190l:

Forthewin

Reaction score
Honestly it might be to early to make a prediction. The problem is the Seahawks have the worst pass defense/players in the history of the NFL. The Hawks will lose every game if these are the players they are going with.

Let Pete cook until the after the draft and then once we know who the DBs are...a more accurate prediction can be had.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Hawks2022":2foyoxvt said:
Honestly it might be to early to make a prediction. The problem is the Seahawks have the worst pass defense/players in the history of the NFL. The Hawks will lose every game if these are the players they are going with.

Let Pete cook until the after the draft and then once we know who the DBs are...a more accurate prediction can be had.

Worst in history? Holy Hyperbole, Batman.

Forthewin

Reaction score
Maulbert":32vfs22g said:
Hawks2022":32vfs22g said:

Well they were on pace to break records last year and they lost a player or 2 this offseason. So its not looking pretty right now.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Maulbert":h7pya182 said:
Hawks2022":h7pya182 said:

No kidding - I'm concerned about safety - but 'worst in history' - a bit much ;)

toffee

Reaction score
Make no mistake, Wilson has an impact on the W/L. With Wilson we are at worst a 10 win team, without him we are at best a 10 win team, with likelihood of a losing season. If not seasons.

But if he would to leave after this season, I rather trade him now than later.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Hawks2022":kv2h79mh said:
Maulbert":kv2h79mh said:
Hawks2022":kv2h79mh said:

Well they were on pace to break records last year and they lost a player or 2 this offseason. So its not looking pretty right now.

They were on pace to break records until they had a come to science moment, and added Dunlap. After that the pass defense was decent, it was the offense holding us back.

toffee

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":nergdo7d said:
Hawks2022":nergdo7d said:
Maulbert":nergdo7d said:
Hawks2022":nergdo7d said:

They were on pace to break records until they had a come to science moment, and added Dunlap. After that the pass defense was decent, it was the offense holding us back.
You forgot to mention it was Pete's out of day offense philosophy that hurt Wilson's performance. This is a must mention on all postings regarding offense, sort of disclaimer.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Hawaii-hawk

Reaction score
I’m not confident in our coaches.
I’m not confident in our oline
Im not confident in our pass rush
I’m not confident in our corners

I also think if we start the season off slow/bad, the wheels will come off the bus very quickly between what is clearly a division in philosophy between Russell and Carroll. Russell will regress as he did in the back half of last year when Pete clamped down on things.

10-7 is a good guess imo and 3rd in our division. I think our division rocks it

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
toffee":1bqeyokc said:
You forgot to mention it was Pete's out of day offense philosophy that hurt Wilson's performance. This is a must mention on all postings regarding offense, sort of disclaimer.

The philosophy that caused Russ's INT rate to balloon? The one that pulled the leash back because Russ was giving the ball away? That one?

Forthewin

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":377dgsib said:
Hawks2022":377dgsib said:
Maulbert":377dgsib said:
Hawks2022":377dgsib said:

Lol!! The 2020 Hawk's pass D was 237 yards from being the worst pass D in NFL history.

They gave up 285 pass yards a game. With a 17 game season (plenty of records will be broken next year) and current lose of a DB or 2....Worst in NFL history is expected. "Come to science" Ha! Well it looks like science has failed again!

Dunlap had an average of 2.5 tackles and under 1 sack a game and the Hawks ranked 5th in rushing Defense. Dunlap's 2.5 tackles was not the end all that you claim.

TAB420

Reaction score
Hawks2022":3smuzvv8 said:
XxXdragonXxX":3smuzvv8 said:
Hawks2022":3smuzvv8 said:
Maulbert":3smuzvv8 said:

Lol!! The 2020 Hawk's pass D was 237 yards from being the worst pass D in NFL history.

They gave up 285 pass yards a game. With a 17 game season (plenty of records will be broken next year) and current lose of a DB or 2....Worst in NFL history is expected. "Come to science" Ha! Well it looks like science has failed again!

Dunlap had an average of 2.5 tackles and under 1 sack a game and the Hawks ranked 5th in rushing Defense. Dunlap's 2.5 tackles was not the end all that you claim.
It's not always about sacks. Pressure is just as important. It makes the secondaries job a lot easier. Hyder should help tons and, I expect better from the DE's we already have. On a lighter note, I bet your positive outlook is a blast at parties. :2thumbs:

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Hawks2022":zbvkp20a said:
XxXdragonXxX":zbvkp20a said:
Hawks2022":zbvkp20a said:
Maulbert":zbvkp20a said:

First off, yes, they were extremely bad in the first 5-6 weeks of the season, everyone knows that, they were in pace to shatter the record for worst defense of all time. Then they came around and turned into NFL average. Combine the 2 parts, and you get a really bad average. Sperate the 2 parts, and you see a marked improvement. That's called logic, however I can see you lack this skill.

I never said Dunlap was the end all. I said with the addition of him AND the turnaround of the rest of the defense, they became league average. Then you talked like 2.5 tackles and just under 1 sack per game isnt good? Those are essentially the exact same stats Michael Bennett and Chris Clemons were putting up.

Maulbert

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":1a4t0n0w said:
Hawks2022":1a4t0n0w said:
XxXdragonXxX":1a4t0n0w said:
Hawks2022":1a4t0n0w said:

First off, yes, they were extremely bad in the first 5-6 weeks of the season, everyone knows that, they were in pace to shatter the record for worst defense of all time. Then they came around and turned into NFL average. Combine the 2 parts, and you get a really bad average. Sperate the 2 parts, and you see a marked improvement. That's called logic, however I can see you lack this skill.

I never said Dunlap was the end all. I said with the addition of him AND the turnaround of the rest of the defense, they became league average. Then you talked like 2.5 tackles and just under 1 sack per game isnt good? Those are essentially the exact same stats Michael Bennett and Chris Clemons were putting up.

Also worth mentioning the D was giving up 26 points a game on average before Dunlap, which dropped to only 15 per game after the trade. 11 points a game is a HUGE difference.

Also, getting Blair back from injury is about as big as a free agent signing.

Forthewin

Reaction score
Lets low ball these numbers
The dude before Dunlap = 1 tackle and .25 sacks per game.

So Dunlap come in and adds 1.5 tackles and .5 sacks per game for the position....and you guys think he had ANYTHING to do with shaving off 11 points per game??
1.5 tackles and .5 sack is 2 plays worth of football...that equals nothing and it sure doesn't equal 11 points.

Unpopular opinion alert...The Seahawks DC deserves some credit for making something out of nothing!

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Hawks2022":1odhw45w said:

So Dunlap come in and adds 1.5 tackles and .5 sacks per game for the position....and you guys think he had ANYTHING to do with shaving off 11 points per game??
1.5 tackles and .5 sack is 2 plays worth of football...that equals nothing and it sure doesn't equal 11 points.

Unpopular opinion alert...The Seahawks DC deserves some credit for making something out of nothing!

You can keep acting like Dunlap's numbers weren't good, doesn't make it any more true.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Hawks2022":2solb00d said:

That's hilarious considering everyone here wanted Ken Norton Jr.'s head halfway through the season. A cook can only use the ingredients provided, and there is a TON of proof that the entire defense started playing better once Dunlap got here. A little extra QB pressure made everyone's job easier.

But, yeah, let's just ignore the evidence and assume the coordinator just suddenly pulled his head out of his ass./s

kf3339

Reaction score
No one knows how this coming season will look at this point. You have the remaining FA moves before and after the draft. The draft will be very limited in help unless they keep pick 56 and get a hopeful starter, preferably for our OC spot. That would be my hope. There are just not enough picks and trading down from that spot will be a useless exercise at this point.

But the real issue is with our new OC and what freedom he will have with the offense this season. Can PC keep his hands off the trigger and let him create more creative offensive schemes than our past efforts? Will our new OC be able to create a new game plan every week to take advantage of the other teams weaknesses? Is he able to make in-game adjustments when the other teams defense starts taking away our game plan? That is my real concern for this season.

Perhaps we will know a little of this a few weeks before the regular season, but it's just anyone's guess right now. I do have a feeling our defense will be far ahead of our offense starting this season for the first 5-6 games. At that point we should be able to see how our OC's plan is working for us.

The real biggest unknown is PC and his ego. :3-1: