Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dunbar gone - Signing with Lions

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Dunbar gone - Signing with Lions
Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:54 pm
  • Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Re: Dunbar gone - Signing with Lions
Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:58 pm
  • Kind of feels like he stole from us.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:01 pm
  • I mean… he really wasnt much of a factor at all.. sooo yeah. Good luck to him i guess.. lol
    JPatera76
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:08 pm
  • We rooting for a Sherm reunion now? AJ Bouye and Gareon Conley still out there too.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:09 pm
  • All draft picks need to be DBs!
    Hawks2022
    NET Rookie

Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:15 pm
  • Wow. I feel bad for the Lions.

But to be fair, Dunbar had whathisname as his DC - so his results here (or lack thereof?) were probably impacted by that.

Dunbar wasn't great here or even good though.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:25 pm
  • Sherm has gotta be here next season. It just makes too much sense. Get him in here as a stopgap, he already has a rapport with Witherspoon and will generate some desperately needed hype.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:28 pm
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:Sherm has gotta be here next season. It just makes too much sense. Get him in here as a stopgap, he already has a rapport with Witherspoon and will generate some desperately needed hype.

Very much in favor of a Sherm reunion as long as the bad blood and/or tensions between him, Russ, and PC have been resolved.

Regarding Dunbar, I'm not surprised we didn't bring him back. Pretty sure I read a quote from Carroll shortly after the season ended that he wasn't a good fit for the scheme they like to run. Based on that comment, I would have been more surprised if they had retained him.
    TraderGary
    NET Rookie

Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:09 pm
  • This could get us our 4th round comp pick back, depending on the contract.
    RobBaker7714409
    NET Rookie

Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:34 pm
  • I would rather have Kelly Jennings back before Sherm. Great player but when thing went wrong he was the number 1 cancer. I was really hoping Dunbar would be back, he a talent but just can't stay healthy.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:39 pm
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:Sherm has gotta be here next season. It just makes too much sense. Get him in here as a stopgap, he already has a rapport with Witherspoon and will generate some desperately needed hype.

My thoughts exactly. Sherman needs to come home. 8)
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:42 pm
  • Agree to Sherm. Agreed we need to look at CBs hard in the draft.
    Elemas
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:48 pm
  • CBs positions are really a big ?. DJ Reed and Witherspoon didn’t play a full season with their respectful teams last season. Can they keep it up for a full 17 game season instead of a 5 or 6 game season?
    Mizak
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:01 pm
  • Sherm will make Russell great again.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:40 pm
  • I 'd say this sets the table for our reunion with Richard Sherman.
    godawg
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:41 pm
  • Time seems to have at least partially mended the fences between Sherman and Russ as they did swap jerseys after a game last year.

I still haven't seen Sherman say anything nice about Russ publicly, however, and Russ has often been portrayed as having thin skin about that kind of stuff.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:30 am
  • Yeah, because we need a guy back who blasted Russ and Pete, multiple times :?
    In his prime, sure. But he's way past that now. Loved him as a Hawk, but do you think his ego would allow him to sign a smaller $ deal? I seriously doubt it.

And Russ has been great his entire career. Not sure what that has to do with Sherm.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:13 am
  • Dunbar/Sherm? I'd take Sherm every time and I'm not disappointed at the Dunbar departure. We gave him a whole lot more than he gave us. Sherm's on field history with us has been top shelf. Can he still play at that level? Probably not, but who can? As for that other stuff...at least we're not talking about criminality. Spiffs don't mean much in the bigger picture. We desperately need CB depth, and in terms of depth Sherm still rates pretty high on the list.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:19 am
  • Good points. But again, will he accept a low $ deal. I doubt it. If he does, ok.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:29 am
  • Beast did and that didn't turn out to be a bad thing for him or us.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:31 am
  • Huge difference in ego's. I'll believe it when I see it. And NO, I don't hate Sherm at all. I just don't worship him like many do.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:31 am
  • Dunbar was a disappointment here, the team trades for him, he gets involved in that dubious criminal matter which then gets him suspended throughout the preseason so he misses camp and then when reinstated is slow to pick things up and didn’t deliver much on his hoped for promise, then he got hurt just as he was starting to get it. Even then his play was hot and ice cold. I’m a tad disappointed that he didn’t re-up b/c a full offseason may have had him show what we’d traded a draft pick to get. He was paid pretty well too and delivered not very much.. Does help on the comp pick front though.

Not sure at present how much Sherm has left in the tank but his swag could help the team if he has worked out his issues with the team, if not hard pass.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:48 pm
  • Good riddance to Dunbar. I wish Pete would follow him out the door. Watching him "play" injured against the rams was an absolute joke. Pete allowed him to jog the entire game and limp around while getting burned the whole game.

And to those wanting richard Sherman back...good lord you have to be joking! Cancer to a team, and he can't stay healthy and he can't cover. What are some people watching on sundays that make them believe he would be a good addition?
    hangumhi
    NET Rookie

Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:48 pm
  • :snack: :snack:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:18 pm
  • [instagram][/instagram]
    hangumhi wrote:Good riddance to Dunbar. I wish Pete would follow him out the door. Watching him "play" injured against the rams was an absolute joke. Pete allowed him to jog the entire game and limp around while getting burned the whole game.

And to those wanting richard Sherman back...good lord you have to be joking! Cancer to a team, and he can't stay healthy and he can't cover. What are some people watching on sundays that make them believe he would be a good addition?

Dunbar wasn't a good fit here and maybe he will fit better in the Lions D. I ABSOLUTELY agree with you on Sherman. People keep saying Sherman will bring the swag back, I say STFU we don't need a loud mouth cancer on this team. I don't like Sherman and I never have. That dude is sooooo arrogant and act's like he's the king at the CB position.
    hawks85
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:28 pm
  • hawks85 wrote:[instagram][/instagram]
    hangumhi wrote:Good riddance to Dunbar. I wish Pete would follow him out the door. Watching him "play" injured against the rams was an absolute joke. Pete allowed him to jog the entire game and limp around while getting burned the whole game.

Dunbar wasn't a good fit here and maybe he will fit better in the Lions D. I ABSOLUTELY agree with you on Sherman. People keep saying Sherman will bring the swag back, I say STFU we don't need a loud mouth cancer on this team. I don't like Sherman and I never have. That dude is sooooo arrogant and act's like he's the king at the CB position.

He was, but everyone has to give up a crown sooner or later.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:46 am
  • hangumhi wrote:And to those wanting richard Sherman back...good lord you have to be joking! Cancer to a team, and he can't stay healthy and he can't cover. What are some people watching on sundays that make them believe he would be a good addition?

That's crap. What leads you to believe he can't cover? Dude gave up 87 yards last year over 210 coverage snaps, and was one of the best corners in the league in 2019... and every year before that. That not good enough for you? Rather have Tre Flowers starting because he's a nice guy?

Talk about the "cancer" thing all you want, but he's been anything but a cancer as he's matured.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:33 pm
  • Dunbar = good riddance.

I'd welcome Sherman back. It would be a very different dynamic than his last season here.

If we chose a couple DBs in the upcoming drafts (if we can scrounge up more picks) Sherman showed in SF that he is a willing and capable mentor to young DBs. I believe whatever the dynamic or issue with Sherman and Wilson was is long evaporated; not even a factor.

How much does Sherman have left in the tank? I'd guess a couple years as an NFL-level corner.

How much would we have to pay Sherman, and would he be worth it vs cap cost? John and Pete's decision, I'll defer to them.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:40 pm
    I really hope so too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HawkinNY
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:49 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information