Dunbar gone - Signing with Lions

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1379218286194397187[/tweet]

JPatera76

Reaction score
I mean… he really wasnt much of a factor at all.. sooo yeah. Good luck to him i guess.. lol

Rat

Reaction score
We rooting for a Sherm reunion now? AJ Bouye and Gareon Conley still out there too.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Wow. I feel bad for the Lions.

But to be fair, Dunbar had whathisname as his DC - so his results here (or lack thereof?) were probably impacted by that.

Dunbar wasn't great here or even good though.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Sherm has gotta be here next season. It just makes too much sense. Get him in here as a stopgap, he already has a rapport with Witherspoon and will generate some desperately needed hype.

TraderGary

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":34kycjn5 said:
Sherm has gotta be here next season. It just makes too much sense. Get him in here as a stopgap, he already has a rapport with Witherspoon and will generate some desperately needed hype.
Very much in favor of a Sherm reunion as long as the bad blood and/or tensions between him, Russ, and PC have been resolved.

Regarding Dunbar, I'm not surprised we didn't bring him back. Pretty sure I read a quote from Carroll shortly after the season ended that he wasn't a good fit for the scheme they like to run. Based on that comment, I would have been more surprised if they had retained him.

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
This could get us our 4th round comp pick back, depending on the contract.

getnasty

Reaction score
I would rather have Kelly Jennings back before Sherm. Great player but when thing went wrong he was the number 1 cancer. I was really hoping Dunbar would be back, he a talent but just can't stay healthy.

kf3339

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":sqleasfh said:

My thoughts exactly. Sherman needs to come home. 8)

Elemas

Reaction score
Agree to Sherm. Agreed we need to look at CBs hard in the draft.

Mizak

Reaction score
CBs positions are really a big ?. DJ Reed and Witherspoon didn’t play a full season with their respectful teams last season. Can they keep it up for a full 17 game season instead of a 5 or 6 game season?

toffee

Reaction score
Sherm will make Russell great again.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

godawg

Reaction score
I 'd say this sets the table for our reunion with Richard Sherman.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Time seems to have at least partially mended the fences between Sherman and Russ as they did swap jerseys after a game last year.

I still haven't seen Sherman say anything nice about Russ publicly, however, and Russ has often been portrayed as having thin skin about that kind of stuff.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, because we need a guy back who blasted Russ and Pete, multiple times :?
In his prime, sure. But he's way past that now. Loved him as a Hawk, but do you think his ego would allow him to sign a smaller $ deal? I seriously doubt it.

And Russ has been great his entire career. Not sure what that has to do with Sherm.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Dunbar/Sherm? I'd take Sherm every time and I'm not disappointed at the Dunbar departure. We gave him a whole lot more than he gave us. Sherm's on field history with us has been top shelf. Can he still play at that level? Probably not, but who can? As for that other stuff...at least we're not talking about criminality. Spiffs don't mean much in the bigger picture. We desperately need CB depth, and in terms of depth Sherm still rates pretty high on the list.

Latest posts