Wilson NOT traded!!! Don't believe the hype.

seabowl

Reaction score
Now that the Jets have moved Darnold and will take a QB at #2, it is almost a given Wilson is staying. I truly never believed the rumors and was somewhat surprised how many here thought he was gone.

The media today is like the Enquirer and will make up anything to get us to click. None of these hacks had good info on the situation, NONE. I do believe the organization was upset with Russ going public but think their silence was planned and calculated. They were teaching Russ a lesson by not making a statement and letting it stew so he could see what he caused. Their original intentions were never wanting to trade him but with what he caused they will always listen to any offers. You'd be stupid not to. what if a team offered five first round picks? Not likely but you never know. Remember the mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

So just remember the next time a crazy story comes out from the media, think back to this scenario and the trade that didn't take place and likely will not anytime in the next number of years.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There are some who won't let this go and secretly want the team to trade Wilson. Their narrative comes back to "where there is smoke there is fire" or some variation on that theme.

Trading Wilson would be a HUGE MISTAKE nothing less than just that.

Zap90

Reaction score
jammerhawk":14plcpt1 said:
There are some who won't let this go and secretly want the team to trade Wilson. Their narrative comes back to "where there is smoke there is fire" or some variation on that theme.

Huge mistake? how can you know that.

Seattle did add pieces for OL and TE, but they got worse on D losing corner and KJ.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Um, because trading a future HOF in his prime is beyond stupid. And the team will likely win 6 games w/out him.
It doesn't take much knowledge to know how stupid it would be to let him go.

Zap90

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3s8qxlza said:
Um, because trading a future HOF in his prime is beyond stupid. And the team will likely win 6 games w/out him.

Ok so you are in favor of a 1st round exit than 6 wins.

I rather have 1st round picks #1-10 range than #22-#28 range. I mean cmon JS and PC were the ones that got Okung and ET.

Rat

Reaction score
seabowl":2ufwiyf3 said:
They were teaching Russ a lesson by not making a statement and letting it stew so he could see what he caused.

Is this elementary school or something? There's no way you actually believe what you wrote. These are grown men.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Dear God, it continues...….
Now it's better to suck and have a top 10 pick. And the Hawks taught Russ a lesson. Hope he doesn't get put in detention again :?
Winning all the time really does suck :?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Zap90":177mcldx said:
SoulfishHawk":177mcldx said:

I rather have 1st round picks #1-10 range than #22-#28 range. I mean cmon JS and PC were the ones that got Okung and ET.

This is asinine.

A-Dog

Reaction score
seabowl":3vzsu8m8 said:
Now that the Jets have moved Darnold and will take a QB at #2, it is almost a given Wilson is staying. I truly never believed the rumors and was somewhat surprised how many here thought he was gone.

I don't want to see Wilson traded but the Darnold trade means nothing in terms of whether Wilson will be traded.

What if the Jets got rid of Darnold becasue they are trading the #2 overall pick to us for Wilson?

Or what if Carolina got Darnold on board because they are preparing to trade him to Seattle for Wilson?

I doubt Wilson will be traded this year but it seems pretty odd that they haven't converted his salary for 2021 into a bonus yet. It is also interesting that neither side has publicly come out and said that Russ will be staying this year - and both sides have the power to definitely make that statement (since Russ has a no-trade clause).

We'll see what happens in the draft, should be really interesting. The Seahawks need C, CB, WR, and SAM - and the first three are stacked through the first two rounds. If I'm Pete & John I am wanting to get some picks.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
There is no circumstance where we are better by trading Wilson.

I thought that too...a few years ago. Because the hope was the Jets would give up a ton for him and we could replace him with Mahomes (who nobody expected to be this good back then but would have at least been a Wilson-lite).

Now I realize the problem isn't Wilson, it is Pete. And getting rid of your best QB does not fix the problem, it just makes us worse.

John63

Reaction score
Zap90":2cbzrpcj said:
jammerhawk":2cbzrpcj said:

Seattle did add pieces for OL and TE, but they got worse on D losing corner and KJ.

2011 we had the LOb and we had Lynch and were 7-9 that how

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
A-Dog":3enrjd0r said:
seabowl":3enrjd0r said:

I don't want to see Wilson traded but the Darnold trade means nothing in terms of whether Wilson will be traded.

What if the Jets got rid of Darnold becasue they are trading the #2 overall pick to us for Wilson?

Or what if Carolina got Darnold on board because they are preparing to trade him to Seattle for Wilson?

I doubt Wilson will be traded this year but it seems pretty odd that they haven't converted his salary for 2021 into a bonus yet. It is also interesting that neither side has publicly come out and said that Russ will be staying this year - and both sides have the power to definitely make that statement (since Russ has a no-trade clause).

We'll see what happens in the draft, should be really interesting. The Seahawks need C, CB, WR, and SAM - and the first three are stacked through the first two rounds. If I'm Pete & John I am wanting to get some picks.

Wanna bet that neither of your two scenarios that we trade Wilson to the Jets for the #2 or Panthers for Darnold happens? Talk about far fetched.

John63

Reaction score
Zap90":3sehb228 said:
SoulfishHawk":3sehb228 said:

Yeah and how has their Drafts been since 2015? Answer not good at all

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Rat":3hybpf65 said:
seabowl":3hybpf65 said:
They were teaching Russ a lesson by not making a statement and letting it stew so he could see what he caused.

Is this elementary school or something? There's no way you actually believe what you wrote. These are grown men.

Then why not make a statement?

John63

Reaction score
seabowl":29nq62br said:
Rat":29nq62br said:
seabowl":29nq62br said:

Then why not make a statement?

Why dignify a rumor by even commenting on it. There are reason to make a statement and reason not to. they chose to not dignify the rumor with a comment. FYI do you really think if they said anythign it would matter the media woudl say they are just saying it, adn the haters would say the same thing.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
John63":3my9ntx3 said:
2011 was the 2nd year of Pete Carroll. Carroll had one year to see what pieces he had before cleaning house and starting the rebuild in year 2. Prior to that the team had gone 4-12 and 5-11, so there was a lot to do.

We had just released Hasselbeck. Richard Sherman and Byron Maxwell had only just been drafted and were working their way into the lineup. The pieces of the LoB had been assembled, but they weren't a thing yet and we didn't have the pressure up front (DEs were Clemons and Bryant). Wagner wasn't drafted until 2012.

Your post is intellectually dishonest.

John63

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":1m7w9vrz said:
John63":1m7w9vrz said:
2011 was the 2nd year of Pete Carroll. Carroll had one year to see what pieces he had before cleaning house and starting the rebuild in year 2. Prior to that the team had gone 4-12 and 5-11, so there was a lot to do.

We had just released Hasselbeck. Richard Sherman and Byron Maxwell had only just been drafted and were working their way into the lineup. The pieces of the LoB had been assembled, but they weren't a thing yet and we didn't have the pressure up front (DEs were Clemons and Bryant). Wagner wasn't drafted until 2012.

Your post is intellectually dishonest.

No my post is a fact, we had the LOB and Lynch and were 7-9 that is what I said. Noen of that has anythign to do with Wagner who i not the LOB, and DEs who are also not LOB

FYIi prior to Seattle PC only double digit winning season was his first year in NE so the whole 2nd year thing means little

Add to that PC record in NE starting year 1 adn movinng to year 3
10-6
9-7
8-8

hmm steadily getting worse. His record in Seattle his first 2 yearr 7-9, year 3 when he got Wilson 11-5. LOB and run game has come and gone since then, and yet we avg 10+ wins a season. The one common denominator Wilson.

Let me help you another way PC without Wilson NFl .489 winning pct. With Wilson .680

With LOB, and Lynch .437, with LOB, Lynch and Wilson .750, Wilson and Lynch no LOB .625, Wilson no LOB or Lynch .656

So of course we are best with all 3. but without Wilson but with the LOB and Lynch wqe were .437. However, without LOB and without Lynch we were .656. So basically to make it simple we are way better With Wilson even without LOB and Lynch and trading him would be stupid.

No since you need to spelled out let me spell it out.

in 2011 we had a top 10 defense and had the 21st ranked run game

So great defense, bad run game

we were 7-9

Since then we have never had a losing record despite having defense ranked as bad as 24 and run games ranked as bad as 25th in the same season.

2017 we were 9-7 the worst record with Wilson, but in 2017 our leading rusher was Wilson, and we were ranked 12th in rushing our defense was ranked 22nd. Our QB made up 98% of our total TDs, and 82% of our total yards.

So there you go no LOB, no Lynch. Wilson was the team that year and still a better record than PC has had as a HC in Settle despite a worse defense and run game.

pinksheets

Reaction score
I never knew you could demonstrate a lack of a gag reflex by posting. Wow.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
John63":1hx2685e said:
Zap90":1hx2685e said:
jammerhawk":1hx2685e said:

It's pretty close to impossible to compare the 1st year of the LOB to what they became. That simply disregards improvement, and growth. But then again, black and white thinking is what you're known for with almost no nuance.