Carlos Dunlap said he spoke with Russell Wilson before re-si

John63

Reaction score
"Carlos Dunlap said he spoke with Russell Wilson before re-signing with the Seahawks because he wanted to be sure that Wilson would still be their quarterback. Dunlap paraphrased what Wilson told him: “He told me he’s with us and he’s here to stay and he said, ‘Let’s go Hawks.’”

https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/...l=https://bleacherreport.com/seattle-seahawks

""I did ask him if he's going to be with us, because if I'm coming back, I'm coming back because I see him as my quarterback," Dunlap said, per Joe Fann of NBC Sports Northwest. "And the rest of the team, I want to pick up where we left off. He told me that he's with us, and he's here to stay." "

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...son-assured-him-qb-wont-be-traded-by-seahawks

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
But but something something Adam Schefter said...

*insert 1000 word blog here*

byau

Reaction score
There is a lot of meat in the rest of that article, Dunlap talking one reason he likes the Seahawks FO

Dunlap said the Seahawks made it clear to him when they acquired him in a trade with the Cincinnati Bengals last October that they might have to release him after the season. He cited that transparency as one of the reasons he wanted to return to Seattle.

"They were very transparent and that's something I appreciate from Day 1 coming in. When we were doing the signing and the trade, they let me know that this would be a potential move in the [offseason], and then when it actually happened, yeah, it still hit different because I've never been cut before," he said. "But they were still very transparent.
"

misfit

Reaction score
Throwdown":16cdewy6 said:
Los should’ve asked if Russ had learned to read two high safeties

Oh you haven't heard?

You just need to run the ball more.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
A lot of people around Russ said he's not going anywhere. How about Russ and Pete just come out together and squash this if that was the case.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
^ BC NFL is entertainment, at a time where there’s not much going on, no and this might be the only thing keeping heads turned from the Watson drama. Just some junk food for thought.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Throwdown":1255y3se said:
Los should’ve asked if Russ had learned to read two high safeties

LOl you are funny If only the fact showed you were wrong. ESPN paid site on rating against 2 high safeties 105. But dont worry I am sure you will something else to say he cant do even though he has his whole career.

The question you should have been asking is if they were playing 2 high safety why did the OC and PC keep calling long routes.

Also his Qb rating against 2 high safeties this past year

Hmm yes some bad games but alot more good ones

FYi the bad games also coincided with 4+ sacks in each of them

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":rroiu0f9 said:
A lot of people around Russ said he's not going anywhere. How about Russ and Pete just come out together and squash this if that was the case.

Well Dunlap an actual named person not unnamed, said Wilson said this. Maybe the issue is to PC and Wilson its not worth it. Also, even if they did it would not change anything. You would still hear it from the media, people would say they are just saying it. they don't really mean it etc etc

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
John63":1wbxq6l1 said:
Seahawk_Dan":1wbxq6l1 said:

Well Dunlap an actual named person not unnamed, said Wilson said this. Maybe the issue is to PC and Wilson its not worth it. Also, even if they did it would not change anything. You would still hear it from the media, people would say they are just saying it. they don't really mean it etc etc

I disagree. I don't care if Dunlap is attached, he's just as much a 3rd Party as anyone else. Russ and Pete coming out with either a contract restructuring or flat out saying, "No, I'm (Russell) an here to stay." Would be the only definitive answer that matters.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":ettleo1a said:
John63":ettleo1a said:
Seahawk_Dan":ettleo1a said:

I disagree. I don't care if Dunlap is attached, he's just as much a 3rd Party as anyone else. Russ and Pete coming out with either a contract restructuring or flat out saying, "No, I'm (Russell) an here to stay." Would be the only definitive answer that matters.

No it would not as they could still trade him. Fyi Wilson has not asked to be traded and said he wants to stay a hawk. So why should he have to say anything he never asked for a trade. Also ahh so his teamate who spoke to him goes on record saying what Wilson told him and u think that is the same as some unnamed source saying someone in the know said something else.

Wow if you don't see the difference than you need help.

hangumhi

Reaction score
Russ already screwed the hawks organization. When he started bitching to the media, he scared away tons of potential free agents. Free agents don't want to go to a chaotic organization. Dunlap's conversation revealed exactly what other FAs were thinking about the hawks. Russ screwed the Hawks. Plain and simple.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
hangumhi":3jihjkqq said:
Russ already screwed the hawks organization. When he started b!@ch to the media, he scared away tons of potential free agents. Free agents don't want to go to a chaotic organization. Dunlap's conversation revealed exactly what other FAs were thinking about the hawks. Russ screwed the Hawks. Plain and simple.

1st your proof he scared away anyone? Never mind u have none.
2nd the org screwed the organization by looking at other QBs making FAs wonder if Wilson would be here.

You mention Dunlap it should telling to you that he cared more about Wilson than the FO.

Plain and simple the org screwed the org

Fyi Wilson is in part responsible for why we got Carson and Dunlap back. We did not have a lot of money money FA anyway.

And again unhave no evidence Wilson has scared away anyone.

misfit

Reaction score
hangumhi":32l8uuul said:
Russ already screwed the hawks organization. When he started b!@ch to the media, he scared away tons of potential free agents. Free agents don't want to go to a chaotic organization. Dunlap's conversation revealed exactly what other FAs were thinking about the hawks. Russ screwed the Hawks. Plain and simple.
Jokes on you, cuz Seattle doesn't like good free agents. Ha haha

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
And here I was thinking being tight to the cap was the reason that this was a tough year to bring in free agents.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Wilson let Carlos know he would be QB this coming season.

That was the most likely scenario to almost any observer. We pretty much expected this.

Will Wilson stay longer? That seems unlikely but then it was shocking that he even chose to do another contract with this team in the first place. It seemed like he was gone for sure as soon as he could be a FA, but he signed that large contract. So it is a mystery.

He probably is lamenting that a bit, because since that time it has been peaks and valleys, with most of the valleys coming in the playoffs.

Wilson has done enough for this team that he probably deserves a chance to show he can be a great QB in the playoffs, but it won't happen here. So we shouldn't begrudge him if he wants a chance to play under an effective gameday coach or a good offensive mind.

Who knows how much better he could be?

But ultimately, if it got us Carlos - then it was a win.

We probably need to just enjoy the time we have left with Wilson, appreciate what a great QB he is, and how he has kept this team relevant since the SB loss. Once Wilson leaves, there is no way this team remains relevant, maybe not even competitive.

But adding guys like Carlos let's us continue the ride for a little while longer.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Wilson is a great QB in the playoffs and that is because he plays with a competitive team and he otherwise is an elite QB. It was clear though by the end of the season that the team needed to protect Wilson better and that the team needed to be able to establish a better running attack to allow play action to work in order to further help Wilson.

I suspect now Wilson regrets speaking publicly to Dan Patrick about his concerns over the Line and him getting hit too much. I suspect as well the agent overstepped his authority in announcing how many teams and which teams he'd agree to be traded to if traded. The media blew that way out of proportion. Wilson knows from the questions asked of him that his going public hurt the team some in FA as FAs may be wary of coming here if the situation is uncertain with his future here.

Not buying the horsepuckey that Wilson's gone after this coming season, and the BS that the team (by extension Carroll) is holding him back. A few tweaks and this team is solidly back in the playoff hunt again if not already with Wilson being here. Wilson's statement to Dunlap in response to a question of him didn't put the time limit on it suggested above.

It seems to matter little to some here that statements by Wilson to other that he's not going anywhere and is here for the long haul have any import when the repeated agendas of those folks is to blame Carroll or see either Carroll and/or Wilson gone to create some new but unstated supposed improvement in the team's fortunes. Go ahead and spin the negativity though, after all it's just an opinion which is short on factual basis.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
misfit":23y5mfdm said:
hangumhi":23y5mfdm said:

Jokes on you, cuz Seattle doesn't like good free agents. Ha haha

I doubt that is true about good FAs. However, it is true they don't like really expensive FAs