We MUST Have Fans Back in Stands

W

Welshers

It simply has to happen. Almost all other stadiums are going to be packed come fall. The Seahawks badly need home field advantage and can't afford to play at a silent home and then go on the road to full stadiums. Im not trying to make this political but studies show there isn't much risk of virus transmission outside. Add vaccines and masks into the equation and I see no reason we can't pack the stands. Require proof of vaccination and mask wearing if they have to, but there's no reason we shouldn't have fans just to virtue signal. The Seahawks need every advantage they can get and our home field is huge

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Welshers":1qp48rb5 said:
It simply has to happen. Almost all other stadiums are going to be packed come fall. The Seahawks badly need home field advantage and can't afford to play at a silent home and then go on the road to full stadiums. Im not trying to make this political but studies show there isn't much risk of virus transmission outside. Add vaccines and masks into the equation and I see no reason we can't pack the stands. Require proof of vaccination and mask wearing if they have to, but there's no reason we shouldn't have fans just to virtue signal. The Seahawks need every advantage they can get and our home field is huge

I'm with you 100%

That would be a tremendous competitive disadvantage.

Unfortunately Seattle (and California) will likely be last to get there. Lets hope it's before September!

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
FWIW, the Seahawks are expecting fans in the stands. We're already making our payments on season tickets.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1rfghf9u said:
Welshers":1rfghf9u said:

I'm with you 100%

Unfortunately Seattle (and California) will likely be last to get there. Lets hope it's before September!

Don't forget New York

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
HawkinNY":lp5y8biq said:
They might allow like 10k in. I doubt they will open fully. They want to milk this for every last drop. I have zero faith in any of the politicians.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have zero faith in the people. All they ever had to do was to follow the science. If the people just did that, they wouldn't need the government forcing them to.

At this point there are over 2.5 million people dead from Covid around the world. Anyone not following the science by now is an idiot.

We know that large crowds of unprotected people lead to large amounts of infected people, and because we know that, allowing it to happen comes with a degree of liability and therefore exposure to lawsuits.

Attendance in the hands of the lawyers. If someone goes to a Seahawks game, catches Covid, and dies or becomes disabled, their family will sue the Seahawks, Vulcan, the stadium, the City of Seattle, the State, and whoever their lawyer thinks they can win money from. Any impediments to people attending games up to and including proof of vaccination, mask-wearing, limited crowd size, etc. will ALL be implemented to cover their asses from legal action.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":1sv7ucfk said:
HawkinNY":1sv7ucfk said:
They might allow like 10k in. I doubt they will open fully. They want to milk this for every last drop. I have zero faith in any of the politicians.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have zero faith in the people. All they ever had to do was to follow the science. If the people just did that, they wouldn't need the government forcing them to.

At this point there are over 2.5 million people dead from Covid around the world. Anyone not following the science by now is an idiot.

We know that large crowds of unprotected people lead to large amounts of infected people, and because we know that, allowing it to happen comes with a degree of liability and therefore exposure to lawsuits.

Attendance in the hands of the lawyers. If someone goes to a Seahawks game, catches Covid, and dies or becomes disabled, their family will sue the Seahawks, Vulcan, the stadium, the City of Seattle, the State, and whoever their lawyer thinks they can win money from. Any impediments to people attending games up to and including proof of vaccination, mask-wearing, limited crowd size, etc. will ALL be implemented to cover their asses from legal action.

How would anyone ever be able to prove where they contracted it, especially in a court of law?

Almost every NFL stadium will be at or close to capacity this fall. The Seahawks can too if they want to.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
onepicknick1":7i7cphww said:
Hawkpower":7i7cphww said:
Welshers":7i7cphww said:

I'm with you 100%

Don't forget New York

True, good point.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

imnKOgnito":3jk496fp said:
FWIW, the Seahawks are expecting fans in the stands. We're already making our payments on season tickets.
Nice! I hope everything works out and you are really able to go! It seems like season tickets will be a hot commodity this year

flv

Reaction score
The season is 18 weeks away. It'll be continually reviewed. 'MUST do this' or 'MUSTN'T do that' simply doesn't apply.

mistaowen

Reaction score
NY, Seattle, Boston, CA all roughly share the same re-opening path. I would bet as more data comes out and more people get vaccinated we should see stadiums start to fill up, assuming there are good trends.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
flv":2hl6ieoz said:
The season is 18 weeks away. It'll be continually reviewed. 'MUST do this' or 'MUSTN'T do that' simply doesn't apply.

I hear what you are saying regarding the timeline, but the fact is, almost all NFL stadiums are going to be full or close to it come fall. We can already see the trends emerging in MLB and Goodell has said that is his expectation

That Seattle and other cities will be at a huge disadvantage if they hold to their past trends has nothing to do with 18 weeks. It's a real issue and I hope the Seahawks are working behind the scenes now to grease that wheel :)

chris98251

Reaction score
Well those places that have thrown the doors open for baseball will be the Petri dishes that tell the NFL yes or no. If we have escalations they will scale things back.

People can want to rush off a cliff all they want, it's when you get to the edge and need that one more step they start thinking do I really want to do this.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Shouldn't be any reason that by fall when most people are vaccinated that there shouldn't be at least 50% capacity allowed.

I'm also down with vaccine cards required for even bigger crowds.

Bottom line, I agree...........crowds matter, especially here. No way we lose to that Rams team in the playoffs if the stadium's packed.

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
Welshers":1j4va9yp said:

As long as they are constantly eating or drinking da rona will stay away. Smart virus be nice to people eating.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Hotchy":2w6qgpqp said:
Also, any guesses if last season would have gone differently had the Hawks had their 12s? I think the empty seats hurt us the most.

Hurt us how? We had our best home record since 2016 last year without fans.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1o3y93v5 said:
Hotchy":1o3y93v5 said:
Also, any guesses if last season would have gone differently had the Hawks had their 12s? I think the empty seats hurt us the most.

Would have won those games by double!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
mistaowen":2u5ysxmp said:
Seanhawk":2u5ysxmp said:
Hotchy":2u5ysxmp said:

No way we lose the playoff game to a backup Rams QB with 64k fans going nuts.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2pbv3fws said:
mistaowen":2pbv3fws said:
Seanhawk":2pbv3fws said:
Hotchy":2pbv3fws said:

No way we lose the playoff game to a backup Rams QB with 64k fans going nuts.

So the back up QB wouldn't have gotten injured with fans in the stands?