Warren Moon: Seahawks and Wilson divorce close

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Another Wilson thread!!

Former NFL legend and Seahawks radio analyst/color commentator Warren Moon says Russell Wilson and Seahawks will end their relationship after this season.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...icts-divorce-between-seahawks-and-all-pro-qb/

Quote from Moon in the article:
"I think it's kind of headed, unfortunately, in the same direction [as Marshawn Lynch and Richard Sherman]," Moon said on the "Huddle & Flow podcast..."

Now when Warren Moon speaks, I listen.
I know this topic has been beaten like a dead horse but dang it guys, it's Warren freaking Moon now!

Is there any truth to what he's saying, or is he still upset after getting fired from our broadcast team with Riable and being replaced by Wyman?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Perhaps Moon should be careful with the ladies so allegations of sexual assault aren't made against him.

Frankly this to me is more click bait.

Free agency has slowed down so we are now back to speculation and unsubstantiated rumour.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
It's all clickbait...and it's really beyond tired. I ALMOST got caught slippin by this article, and a clip of either Greeny or Max Kellerman explaining why they don't believe RW wants to stay in Seattle or some shit but I just scrolled by.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Considering the love on both sides when Marshawn came back, that was a bad example

nanomoz

Reaction score
It's pretty clear that this will be Russ's last season in Seattle (if he's even a Hawk after draft day).

All that Hawks really had to do to keep Jarran Reed was convert some of Russ's cap hit to roster bonus. The fact that they didn't speaks volumes. As does the fact that neither party has come out and unequivocally stated that Russ isn't going anywhere.

I'm not happy about it. I want Russ to retire a Hawk. But if you've convinced yourself that this is all hype then you're living in a vat of warm, foamy confirmation bias.

pinksheets

Reaction score
I would be very nervous to send Russ packing and am real skeptical that Pete and John could turn around and win games quick enough to not get fired.

That being said, Russ and his agent seem like real pain in the butt crybabies. Russ pretty clearly has a very fragile ego based on what a number of ex-teammates have implied or said. I wouldn't blame the FO if they were fed up nor if they didn't think as highly of Russ as he thinks of himself. I would not miss the drama he brings every other off-season or so one bit.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
In your post pinksheets you refer to what was reported by others as to what so and so said about RW. As we know it is dangerous indeed to rely much upon hearsay and talk is cheap,

There is far more drama being assigned to this than should be the case as agendas are driving the narrative somewhat. To me I usually don’t believe much of what is reported until it is confirmed. I suspect both sides herein would like a do over and that Wilson surely regrets his comments to Dan Patrick. The team has just said nothing except they are disappointed RW went public. JS sayid Wilson was not being shopped for a trade and regardless any trade which was not being considered would have a HUGE opening price of at least 3 1st round picks plus several starters of the team’s choice.

Nothing can ever be said to be certain but I think in this case Moon is most likely certainly wrong.

Wilson remains my favourite Seahawks player and will for quite some time until something else happens.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Pffft...Warren Moon???

The team does not care for Moon anymore.

I was wondering what this guy has been doing since claims or whatever it was made against him.

Clearly, he said this in order to resurface his name in conversations.

I don’t think anyone takes anything Moon says seriously.

The guy is really trying to become relevant again.

Nice try, Moon...

Not that I feel one way or the other, but until Wilson officially leaves Seattle, I will base all my season predictions as if Wilson is the QB1 for all 17 upcoming games for Seattle.

pinksheets

Reaction score
jammerhawk":81w1uvw3 said:
In your post pinksheets you refer to what was reported by others as to what so and so said about RW. As we know it is dangerous indeed to rely much upon hearsay and talk is cheap,
That's fair, and I can't say how much of it is Russ with any precision. What I think I'm confident in, though, is that Mark Rodgers, Russ's agent, is a real pain in the butt. He's been named as a direct source in a lot of the drama the past few years or the reports citing unnamed sources are known to have him in their ear. His actions reflect on Russ, fair or not.

Maybe Russ is happy with him because his pot stirring gets him extreme contracts and more control, but it comes at a cost in reputation to me.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, Warren hasn't mattered for a long time. Not worth the click.
But hey, we obviously need 735,223 threads about Russ. Especially those that are hanging by a thread on him leaving...........give it up and change the record.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Pinksheets, I think your assessment about reputation is fair comment.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Speculation by someone credible is dubious at best.

Speculation by someone who is a washed up sexual predator is just stupid.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Neither side exactly handled this well. Maybe at some point, we can just get back to actual football talk.
Russ AND the front office could have squashed this long ago. They didn't, the media ate it up.
He's not leaving in 2021, no matter how hard people want to spin it. Or, no matter how much people would love to see him gone.
Next year, maybe, but why freak out about something that's likely a year away IF it happens???

John63

Reaction score
nanomoz":24lzjewk said:
It's pretty clear that this will be Russ's last season in Seattle (if he's even a Hawk after draft day).

All that Hawks really had to do to keep Jarran Reed was convert some of Russ's cap hit to roster bonus. The fact that they didn't speaks volumes. As does the fact that neither party has come out and unequivocally stated that Russ isn't going anywhere.

I'm not happy about it. I want Russ to retire a Hawk. But if you've convinced yourself that this is all hype then you're living in a vat of warm, foamy confirmation bias.

so you decided to come up with your own clickbait as you have ZERO proof this will be his last season here at all. FYI the reason they did not keep Reed is because unlike Wilson, they asked him to redo his contract, and he said no.

"Reed was released by the Seahawks last week after the two sides couldn't agree on a contract. The Seahawks wanted him to restructure his deal while Reed wanted an extension."

So like I said clickbait fake news

brimsalabim

Reaction score
nanomoz":1v1zwvo2 said:

but Russ has told teammates that he isn't going anywhere. A lot can happen and winning cures all. Otherwise Pete could retire. Also as I understood it this mess began when Russ's management told someone that he didn't want to restructure unless he received some assurance that the office would use some of it to improve his offensive line protection? Certainly doesn't seem out of order to me.

John63

Reaction score
brimsalabim":ic9gxowb said:
nanomoz":ic9gxowb said:

but Russ has told teammates that he isn't going anywhere. A lot can happen and winning cures all. Otherwise Pete could retire. Also as I understood it this mess began when Russ's management told someone that he didn't want to restructure unless he received some assurance that the office would use some of it to improve his offensive line protection? Certainly doesn't seem out of order to me.

There has been no mention of Wilson saying he did not want to restructure at all. This whole thing started with Wilson answering a question where he said he is tired of being hit, and we need to get better, and I need to get better meaning Wilson. A lot of thing contribute to a QB getting hit, oline, rb, te, the QB, wr and the scheme and play. So he did not call out anyone other than himself. The next domino was a retread where people talked about how the FO had looked at several Qbs over the years, the next domino was Wilson agent in response to a question saying if the hawks wanted to trade Wilson here are the teams he would accept as he has a no trade clause. Next came all the talk about trades, and the bears meeting with JS as he was at a pro day were the end results was they are not trading Wilson. Then came more BS speculation and finally Wilson playing a part in both Carson and Dunlap staying and Wilson telling Dunlap he is not going anyplace. Through this the only things we know from the people themselves sis Wilson wants to stay as a Hawk.

There are a lot of unnamed sources etc etc. I tend to not believe any of them. However, Dunlap specifically said he talked with Wilson before he resigned and said Wilson made it clear he is not going anyplace.

So that's were we are readers digest version. In the end Wilson is here and according to the only source who spoke directly to Wilson said he is not going anyplace.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Can someone cite where a first ballot HOF QB was traded in his prime and the team went on to be incredibly successful? Anyone?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":2ouurycc said:
Can someone cite where a first ballot HOF QB was traded in his prime and the team went on to be incredibly successful? Anyone?

49ers with Montana and Young?