Off season talk - Jamarco Jones

toffee

Reaction score
Jamarco's rookie season was all injury, In his 2nd season, he did alright at RG, even sort of handled Rams' Aaron Donald in that one game. His limited play as LT was total failure.

He seems to have regressed? What are you guys take on this Solaris pick?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

AgentDib

Reaction score
Versatile backup depth who has started five games over two seasons and played snaps in 20 others. Pretty good return for a 168th overall pick so far but his spot is obviously up for grabs this season.

John63

Reaction score
AgentDib":1n2vx8fb said:
Versatile backup depth who has started five games over two seasons and played snaps in 20 others. Pretty good return for a 168th overall pick so far but his spot is obviously up for grabs this season.

Thats how I feel.

A-Dog

Reaction score
He was absolutely annihilated by Chandler Jones when he played LT against Arizona. Beaten like a drum, like he wasn't even there. I'm still mad at Pete for starting him there instead of Fant, but I think he wanted to keep Fant in his monster TE role. Very lucky Russ didn't get seriously injured in that game.

I'd say he's in the hunt for a backup G role but he hope I never have to see him at LT again. Tough matchup to come in to as an injury replacement, sure, but it was absolutely brutal.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
A-Dog":a3vk3kse said:
He was absolutely annihilated by Chandler Jones when he played LT against Arizona. Beaten like a drum, like he wasn't even there. I'm still mad at Pete for starting him there instead of Fant, but I think he wanted to keep Fant in his monster TE role. Very lucky Russ didn't get seriously injured in that game.

I'd say he's in the hunt for a backup G role but he hope I never have to see him at LT again. Tough matchup to come in to as an injury replacement, sure, but it was absolutely brutal.
He was a starting LT for Ohio State though, and played well enough.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Good versatile guy who originally looked pretty good at RT and has since been an alright depth guard.

Really good mid round pick.

Jville

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing a healthy Jamarco Jones in 2021. I'm comfortable with his progress prior to injury. I think a lot of us come up short with keeping up with and factoring in the effect of injuries on performances. And he has suffered a number of injuries to ..... ankle, hip, shoulder, concussion and groin. We'll see how strong he can come back in 2021.

December 18, 2020 08:40 PM
Seahawks' Jamarco Jones: Sitting out Sunday
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

Jones (groin) has been ruled out for Sunday's game versus Washington, John Boyle of the Seahawks' official site reports.

Jones is ticketed for a second straight absence. With Phil Haynes (groin) also out, Jordan Simmons will be the Seahawks' primary backup guard in Week 15.

January 2, 2021 01:52 PM
Seahawks' Jamarco Jones: Undergoes surgery

Jones (groin) underwent surgery Friday, Curtis Crabtree of Sports Radio 950 KJR Seattle reports.

There was originally hope Jones could return at some point off IR, as he would be eligible for Wild Card Weekend. However, that is in much more doubt following surgery.
.......................... and then there are all those other nagging injuries that go unreported.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jville":1lfpjfp0 said:
I'm looking forward to seeing a healthy Jamarco Jones in 2021. I'm comfortable with his progress prior to injury. I think a lot of us come up short with keeping up with and factoring in the effect of injuries on performances. And he has suffered a number of injuries to ..... ankle, hip, shoulder, concussion and groin. We'll see how strong he can come back in 2021.

Jones (groin) has been ruled out for Sunday's game versus Washington, John Boyle of the Seahawks' official site reports.

Jones is ticketed for a second straight absence. With Phil Haynes (groin) also out, Jordan Simmons will be the Seahawks' primary backup guard in Week 15.

Jones (groin) underwent surgery Friday, Curtis Crabtree of Sports Radio 950 KJR Seattle reports.

There was originally hope Jones could return at some point off IR, as he would be eligible for Wild Card Weekend. However, that is in much more doubt following surgery.
.......................... and then there are all those other nagging injuries that go unreported.

The limited action of what Jones has brought has looked good, but he has to be out there, there in lies the problem, George Fant had issues for while as well and they stayed with him, when he finally got past all the problems he was a nice contribution, not at Left tackle as much as a swing guy but I hope Jones can get right and push guys.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":2ekdfb2d said:
Jville":2ekdfb2d said:

The limited action of what Jones has brought has looked good, but he has to be out there, there in lies the problem, George Fant had issues for while as well and they stayed with him, when he finally got past all the problems he was a nice contribution, not at Left tackle as much as a swing guy but I hope Jones can get right and push guys.
Just wondering if he got what it takes to be our future starting RT or even LT.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Future RT?

I doubt it, he’s not tough enough or durable enough, too often hurt.

At present he’s an inconsistently reliable backup and nothing more. I initially had high hopes for him but now doubt he will ever be regular starter. His best play to date has come as a G. Feel the same about Haynes except he’s hardly ever played b/c of various injuries.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
jammerhawk":290o6h98 said:
Future RT?

I doubt it, he’s not tough enough or durable enough and too often hurt.

At present he’s an inconsistently reliable backup and nothing more.

Pretty much. I actually forgot all about him to be honest. Lets see if he improves some this season, but I have a feeling he's going to turn out to be just another JAG.

balakoth

Reaction score
toffee":185rua0y said:
Jamarco's rookie season was all injury, In his 2nd season, he did alright at RG, even sort of handled Rams' Aaron Donald in that one game. His limited play as LT was total failure.

He seems to have regressed? What are you guys take on this Solaris pick?

How do you regress if you didnt have a chance to set any standards for your play in the first season?

Latest posts