Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Off season talk - Jamarco Jones

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Off season talk - Jamarco Jones
Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:54 pm
  • Jamarco's rookie season was all injury, In his 2nd season, he did alright at RG, even sort of handled Rams' Aaron Donald in that one game. His limited play as LT was total failure.

    He seems to have regressed? What are you guys take on this Solaris pick?



    Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2856
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:44 pm


Re: Off season talk - Jamarco Jones
Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:13 pm
  • Versatile backup depth who has started five games over two seasons and played snaps in 20 others. Pretty good return for a 168th overall pick so far but his spot is obviously up for grabs this season.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4507
    Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:08 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Off season talk - Jamarco Jones
Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:24 pm
  • AgentDib wrote:Versatile backup depth who has started five games over two seasons and played snaps in 20 others. Pretty good return for a 168th overall pick so far but his spot is obviously up for grabs this season.


    Thats how I feel.
    John63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4406
    Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm


Re: Off season talk - Jamarco Jones
Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:53 pm
  • He was absolutely annihilated by Chandler Jones when he played LT against Arizona. Beaten like a drum, like he wasn't even there. I'm still mad at Pete for starting him there instead of Fant, but I think he wanted to keep Fant in his monster TE role. Very lucky Russ didn't get seriously injured in that game.

    I'd say he's in the hunt for a backup G role but he hope I never have to see him at LT again. Tough matchup to come in to as an injury replacement, sure, but it was absolutely brutal.
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1212
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:11 pm


Re: Off season talk - Jamarco Jones
Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:59 pm
  • A-Dog wrote:He was absolutely annihilated by Chandler Jones when he played LT against Arizona. Beaten like a drum, like he wasn't even there. I'm still mad at Pete for starting him there instead of Fant, but I think he wanted to keep Fant in his monster TE role. Very lucky Russ didn't get seriously injured in that game.

    I'd say he's in the hunt for a backup G role but he hope I never have to see him at LT again. Tough matchup to come in to as an injury replacement, sure, but it was absolutely brutal.
    He was a starting LT for Ohio State though, and played well enough.

    Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2856
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:44 pm


Re: Off season talk - Jamarco Jones
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:26 pm
  • Good versatile guy who originally looked pretty good at RT and has since been an alright depth guard.

    Really good mid round pick.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4979
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


Re: Off season talk - Jamarco Jones
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:41 am
  • I'm looking forward to seeing a healthy Jamarco Jones in 2021. I'm comfortable with his progress prior to injury. I think a lot of us come up short with keeping up with and factoring in the effect of injuries on performances. And he has suffered a number of injuries to ..... ankle, hip, shoulder, concussion and groin. We'll see how strong he can come back in 2021.

    December 18, 2020 08:40 PM
    Seahawks' Jamarco Jones: Sitting out Sunday
    by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

    Jones (groin) has been ruled out for Sunday's game versus Washington, John Boyle of the Seahawks' official site reports.

    Jones is ticketed for a second straight absence. With Phil Haynes (groin) also out, Jordan Simmons will be the Seahawks' primary backup guard in Week 15.


    January 2, 2021 01:52 PM
    Seahawks' Jamarco Jones: Undergoes surgery
    by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

    Jones (groin) underwent surgery Friday, Curtis Crabtree of Sports Radio 950 KJR Seattle reports.

    There was originally hope Jones could return at some point off IR, as he would be eligible for Wild Card Weekend. However, that is in much more doubt following surgery.

    .......................... and then there are all those other nagging injuries that go unreported.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10142
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:49 pm


Re: Off season talk - Jamarco Jones
Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:12 am
  • Jville wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing a healthy Jamarco Jones in 2021. I'm comfortable with his progress prior to injury. I think a lot of us come up short with keeping up with and factoring in the effect of injuries on performances. And he has suffered a number of injuries to ..... ankle, hip, shoulder, concussion and groin. We'll see how strong he can come back in 2021.

    December 18, 2020 08:40 PM
    Seahawks' Jamarco Jones: Sitting out Sunday
    by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

    Jones (groin) has been ruled out for Sunday's game versus Washington, John Boyle of the Seahawks' official site reports.

    Jones is ticketed for a second straight absence. With Phil Haynes (groin) also out, Jordan Simmons will be the Seahawks' primary backup guard in Week 15.


    January 2, 2021 01:52 PM
    Seahawks' Jamarco Jones: Undergoes surgery
    by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

    Jones (groin) underwent surgery Friday, Curtis Crabtree of Sports Radio 950 KJR Seattle reports.

    There was originally hope Jones could return at some point off IR, as he would be eligible for Wild Card Weekend. However, that is in much more doubt following surgery.

    .......................... and then there are all those other nagging injuries that go unreported.


    The limited action of what Jones has brought has looked good, but he has to be out there, there in lies the problem, George Fant had issues for while as well and they stayed with him, when he finally got past all the problems he was a nice contribution, not at Left tackle as much as a swing guy but I hope Jones can get right and push guys.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 35610
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Off season talk - Jamarco Jones
Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:28 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Jville wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing a healthy Jamarco Jones in 2021. I'm comfortable with his progress prior to injury. I think a lot of us come up short with keeping up with and factoring in the effect of injuries on performances. And he has suffered a number of injuries to ..... ankle, hip, shoulder, concussion and groin. We'll see how strong he can come back in 2021.

    December 18, 2020 08:40 PM
    Seahawks' Jamarco Jones: Sitting out Sunday
    by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

    Jones (groin) has been ruled out for Sunday's game versus Washington, John Boyle of the Seahawks' official site reports.

    Jones is ticketed for a second straight absence. With Phil Haynes (groin) also out, Jordan Simmons will be the Seahawks' primary backup guard in Week 15.


    January 2, 2021 01:52 PM
    Seahawks' Jamarco Jones: Undergoes surgery
    by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

    Jones (groin) underwent surgery Friday, Curtis Crabtree of Sports Radio 950 KJR Seattle reports.

    There was originally hope Jones could return at some point off IR, as he would be eligible for Wild Card Weekend. However, that is in much more doubt following surgery.

    .......................... and then there are all those other nagging injuries that go unreported.


    The limited action of what Jones has brought has looked good, but he has to be out there, there in lies the problem, George Fant had issues for while as well and they stayed with him, when he finally got past all the problems he was a nice contribution, not at Left tackle as much as a swing guy but I hope Jones can get right and push guys.
    Just wondering if he got what it takes to be our future starting RT or even LT.

    Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2856
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:44 pm


Re: Off season talk - Jamarco Jones
Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:36 am
  • Future RT?

    I doubt it, he’s not tough enough or durable enough, too often hurt.

    At present he’s an inconsistently reliable backup and nothing more. I initially had high hopes for him but now doubt he will ever be regular starter. His best play to date has come as a G. Feel the same about Haynes except he’s hardly ever played b/c of various injuries.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 7754
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:13 pm


Re: Off season talk - Jamarco Jones
Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:47 am
  • jammerhawk wrote:Future RT?

    I doubt it, he’s not tough enough or durable enough and too often hurt.

    At present he’s an inconsistently reliable backup and nothing more.


    Pretty much. I actually forgot all about him to be honest. Lets see if he improves some this season, but I have a feeling he's going to turn out to be just another JAG.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2152
    Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am


Re: Off season talk - Jamarco Jones
Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:09 pm
  • toffee wrote:Jamarco's rookie season was all injury, In his 2nd season, he did alright at RG, even sort of handled Rams' Aaron Donald in that one game. His limited play as LT was total failure.

    He seems to have regressed? What are you guys take on this Solaris pick?



    Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk



    How do you regress if you didnt have a chance to set any standards for your play in the first season?
    balakoth
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 251
    Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:41 pm




It is currently Sat May 08, 2021 6:58 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]




Information
  • Who is online