Genie in a bottle with my 3 wishes

Hanjag

Reaction score
In my opinion the Hawks have done a fantastic job of filling needs (many) while managing a tight cap.

That said, my top three genie in a bottle wishes are:

1. #3 WR Moore and Dorsette are gone. Wilson has been asking for AB and Flash Gordon appears to have lost his last chance. My thoughts here is AB was fine for a 8 game run but I don't think he will be cheap again and that is an issue. My dream is Wilson convinces Larry the Legend Fitzgerald to sign cheap for a Superbowl run. Sherman signing for cheap for the same reason would help.

2. Sign a #1 corner. Witherspoon had a 80+ off last year in limited snaps and has been up and down but has the measurable to be a #1, DJ Reed has been a starter grade player consistently hitting 70's of which is a starter. Add Sherman or another top-ranked corner and suddenly you are looking at a strength vs average position group.

3. Promising depth and best player available. Safety current Diggs, and Adams and they are all-pro and pro-bowl players but both are in their last year. Tackles are good to go with starter-level in Art Shell and all-pro type Duane Brown (Last years). Center Pocic played at a near starter level for most of the year but he is on a 1 year and how confident can you be it took four years to get a near starter level year out of him. I am really just hoping for a couple of good players no matter what position they play.

What would be your 3 wishes?

chris98251

Reaction score
Hanjag":29jzejvd said:
In my opinion the Hawks have done a fantastic job of filling needs (many) while managing a tight cap.

1. #3 WR Moore and Dorsette are gone. Wilson has been asking for AB and Flash Gordon appears to have lost his last chance. My thoughts here is AB was fine for a 8 game run but I don't think he will be cheap again and that is an issue. My dream is Wilson convinces Larry the Legend Fitzgerald to sign cheap for a Superbowl run. Sherman signing for cheap for the same reason would help.

2. Sign a #1 corner. Witherspoon had a 80+ off last year in limited snaps and has been up and down but has the measurable to be a #1, DJ Reed has been a starter grade player consistently hitting 70's of which is a starter. Add Sherman or another top-ranked corner and suddenly you are looking at a strength vs average position group.

3. Promising depth and best player available. Safety current Diggs, and Adams and they are all-pro and pro-bowl players but both are in their last year. Tackles are good to go with starter-level in Art Shell and all-pro type Duane Brown (Last years). Center Pocic played at a near starter level for most of the year but he is on a 1 year and how confident can you be it took four years to get a near starter level year out of him. I am really just hoping for a couple of good players no matter what position they play.

Hand the ball to Lynch.

Have Super Bowl XL not be in Detroit or Pittsburgh.

Drafted Farve instead of McGwire.

You said Wishes.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Defense doesn't give a up a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter in 49
People go one day w/out talking about if Russ will be traded and/or just bash him in general
We actually talk about football instead of 24/7 bashing of posters for having opinions

Dare to dream...…...

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Hanjag":2bid29hi said:

The genie bottle is probably going to need some re-shining but I like the post. Welcome.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Three wishes:

1. An OLine that can both steadily runblock and pass block

2. An effective draft where the team finds a quality OT, OC, and CB

3. The end of the constant and unvarying .Net negativity surrounding Carroll, Schneider, and Wilson.

Bonus wishes:

Sunshine and lollipops for all.

Another Super Bowl win.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
1. Sign a good a center

2. Adams trade never happened

3. Get rid of Pete

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think you're on the right track with your wishes.

1. Nervous as hell going into the season with DJ Reed and Witherspoon as our starting DB's. I'd like to see another established vet signed to compete............AND our 2nd round pick on one of the top draft corners to develop.

2. WR3. Plenty of decent free agent slot type WR's still available for cheap.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents ... available/

3. LB. If KJ doesn't resign then your starting outside LB is Burr-Kirven or Barton, and I'm not comfortable with either of those

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3uhg3vx3 said:
I think you're on the right track with your wishes.

1. Nervous as hell going into the season with DJ Reed and Witherspoon as our starting DB's. I'd like to see another established vet signed to compete............AND our 2nd round pick on one of the top draft corners to develop.

2. WR3. Plenty of decent free agent slot type WR's still available for cheap.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents ... available/

3. LB. If KJ doesn't resign then your starting outside LB is Burr-Kirven or Barton, and I'm not comfortable with either of those

Agreed on LB. SAM is actually a huge need as it stands. It looks like KJ will probably come back, but if not, it's suddenly quite high on the list of roster holes.

As for my three, I'll stick to individual players/positions to make it require a bit more thought.

1. Best tight end in the league. This'd be George Kittle for me.
2. A true shutdown corner who stays healthy. A prime Sherman.
3. Russell Wilson, but 25 years old again so that we can have another 10+ years of him.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ok this season, get two guys that can lock down the corners.

The O line is top 10

Two guys that can rush the passer.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
chris98251":3e8bocma said:
Hanjag":3e8bocma said:

Hand the ball to Lynch.

Have Super Bowl XL not be in Detroit or Pittsburgh.

Drafted Farve instead of McGwire.

You said Wishes.
This is the correct reply to this thread

chris98251

Reaction score
Appyhawk":1574zz5m said:
I'm rubbing my genie bottle with the wish being that the guys on our roster play up to their own standard of quality. If they do that we'll be unstoppable.

I know there is a reply that is best suited for the Shack in this.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
chris98251":3tzp9cnw said:
Appyhawk":3tzp9cnw said:
I'm rubbing my genie bottle with the wish being that the guys on our roster play up to their own standard of quality. If they do that we'll be unstoppable.

I know there is a reply that is best suited for the Shack in this.

Only shack I visit is the one I live in...not counting my horse barns.

BASF

Reaction score
My three wishes are all about the past:

Warner staying healthy throughout 1984 gets us the Superbowl win that year. It also means that he would have had a better chance at carrying us to more wins later in his career.

Hamlin staying healthy in 2005 gets us the Superbowl win that year.

Wish that Bevell didn't have his head up his butt when calling a play that we run only one route for out of a formation that the main defender had seen dozens of times in practice.