Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seahawks to not take part in voluntary OTAs.

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13

• Last edited by KitsapGuy on Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Clarified tweets and topic.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• Edit: New links added.
    Last edited by sdog1981 on Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• [quote="SantaClaraHawk"]

My mistake, I clarified the title.

Also unembedding the Tweets here:

https://twitter.com/FanSided/status/1382092438693548032
    https://twitter.com/NFLPA/status/1382045945999855617

For weeks or months, I go without not seeing Tweets here in the browser that I like despite clearing it. Until then the embedded Tweets don't show at all; the only way to get them to is to quote the previous post and then extract the Tweet.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• Don't post anything after the numbers in the tweet. It won't work.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• KitsapGuy wrote:Don't post anything after the numbers in the tweet. It won't work.

I know, but yours aren't showing up either. No one's does. Standard Chrome, standard W10P, unknown if it happens to anyone else.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• Hmmmm. I've heard that. Shows up for me. But I'm not a tech guy, so I can't help there. :x
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Our core players will be putting in plenty of work on their own but this does seem disadvantageous for the fringe guys. Is Darvin Kidsy getting an invite to Russ's workouts in SoCal?

I also don't love the PR statement stressing "we the Seattle Seahawks" when this is a player thing but that doesn't really matter.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

• Better to have them than not, but it's not like they're going to spend that time watching TV and getting fat. Nobody is going to want to be the one showing up at mandatory camps out of shape.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Rat wrote:Better to have them than not, but it's not like they're going to spend that time watching TV and getting fat. Nobody is going to want to be the one showing up at mandatory camps out of shape.

Well, it sounds like that certainly happened to BJ Finney to an extent.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

• I don't have any issue with the team skipping OTAs.

However, I do think this a poorly written statement. With lines like "for the protection of everyone's safety" and the odd use of the word "stumble" when describing the forthcoming off-season workouts, It's cringe-worthy.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

• 80 percent of this state is full dumb..
    balakoth
    NET Rookie

• Huge surprise there LOL
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

• knownone wrote:I don't have any issue with the team skipping OTAs.

However, I do think this a poorly written statement. With lines like "for the protection of everyone's safety" and the odd use of the word "stumble" when describing the forthcoming off-season workouts, It's cringe-worthy.

There's literally no reason to invoke the pandemic for this. Everyone 16+ gets access to vax in less than a week. Russ/Ciara are doing a "vaccination special" Sunday night on NBC. The NFL is already making staffers/coaches vax to even be close to players. Players who won't vax will continue to have to have daily tests and wear their tracking device and probably enjoy meetings on Zoom while everyone else does it in person.

So in short the OTA environment would be the MOST safe from a pandemic standpoint.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• On the bright side it looks like we do save 100k on Diggs contract which was earmarked for a workout bonus. I'm guessing he was a no vote on this idea.

The Broncos player's press release was so much worse, praising the level of play in 2020 and hinting it was due to less workouts. I guess they were too busy getting last place in their division to notice how poorly most defenses played for the first month or two.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

• SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    knownone wrote:I don't have any issue with the team skipping OTAs.

There's literally no reason to invoke the pandemic for this. Everyone 16+ gets access to vax in less than a week. Russ/Ciara are doing a "vaccination special" Sunday night on NBC. The NFL is already making staffers/coaches vax to even be close to players. Players who won't vax will continue to have to have daily tests and wear their tracking device and probably enjoy meetings on Zoom while everyone else does it in person.

So in short the OTA environment would be the MOST safe from a pandemic standpoint.

Access, but supply is still going to be short, better to be aware, OTA's are a few days and then off again. Being safe to July and or August and getting playbook coaching and regimens for new guys can be done. You also see who is self motivated and who is lazy.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• This is obviously Russell's--and that she-devil Ciara's--doing so they can properly prep for their vaccination awareness special.

The guy drags us to multiple wins a year and he can't even be bothered to work out? Plus, he probably has spent time with his kids in the off-season. He's out of control.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• Seanhawk wrote:This is obviously Russell's--and that she-devil Ciara's--doing so they can properly prep for their vaccination awareness special.

The guy drags us to multiple wins a year and he can't even be bothered to work out? Plus, he probably has spent time with his kids in the off-season. He's out of control.

I loathe the selfishness of today's players. Especially #3.
    He needs to a get a grip
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• What concerns me about this is guys like Al Woods and Chance Warmack, who sat out last year, may not be in shape when it comes to training camp or mandatory sessions.
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

• hawkfan68 wrote:What concerns me about this is guys like Al Woods and Chance Warmack, who sat out last year, may not be in shape when it comes to training camp or mandatory sessions.

Every team including our division rivals will face this dilemma--but there's none of this that's come up with the Rams, 49ers and Cardinals.

Who wouldn't be pushing voluntary workouts themselves if they didn't sniff competitive advantage.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat May 08, 2021 7:08 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information