Seahawks to not take part in voluntary OTAs.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFLPA/status/1382045945999855617[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/FanSided/status/1382092438693548032[/tweet]

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFLPA/status/1382045945999855617[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/FanSided/status/1382092438693548032[/tweet]

My mistake, I clarified the title.

Also unembedding the Tweets here:

https://twitter.com/FanSided/status/1382092438693548032
https://twitter.com/NFLPA/status/1382045945999855617

For weeks or months, I go without not seeing Tweets here in the browser that I like despite clearing it. Until then the embedded Tweets don't show at all; the only way to get them to is to quote the previous post and then extract the Tweet.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":btrn13dy said:
Don't post anything after the numbers in the tweet. It won't work.

I know, but yours aren't showing up either. No one's does. Standard Chrome, standard W10P, unknown if it happens to anyone else.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Hmmmm. I've heard that. Shows up for me. But I'm not a tech guy, so I can't help there. :x

AgentDib

Reaction score
Our core players will be putting in plenty of work on their own but this does seem disadvantageous for the fringe guys. Is Darvin Kidsy getting an invite to Russ's workouts in SoCal?

I also don't love the PR statement stressing "we the Seattle Seahawks" when this is a player thing but that doesn't really matter.

Rat

Reaction score
Better to have them than not, but it's not like they're going to spend that time watching TV and getting fat. Nobody is going to want to be the one showing up at mandatory camps out of shape.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Rat":10aoz7al said:
Better to have them than not, but it's not like they're going to spend that time watching TV and getting fat. Nobody is going to want to be the one showing up at mandatory camps out of shape.

Well, it sounds like that certainly happened to BJ Finney to an extent.

knownone

Reaction score
I don't have any issue with the team skipping OTAs.

However, I do think this a poorly written statement. With lines like "for the protection of everyone's safety" and the odd use of the word "stumble" when describing the forthcoming off-season workouts, It's cringe-worthy.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
knownone":1lkll03a said:

However, I do think this a poorly written statement. With lines like "for the protection of everyone's safety" and the odd use of the word "stumble" when describing the forthcoming off-season workouts, It's cringe-worthy.

There's literally no reason to invoke the pandemic for this. Everyone 16+ gets access to vax in less than a week. Russ/Ciara are doing a "vaccination special" Sunday night on NBC. The NFL is already making staffers/coaches vax to even be close to players. Players who won't vax will continue to have to have daily tests and wear their tracking device and probably enjoy meetings on Zoom while everyone else does it in person.

So in short the OTA environment would be the MOST safe from a pandemic standpoint.

AgentDib

Reaction score
On the bright side it looks like we do save 100k on Diggs contract which was earmarked for a workout bonus. I'm guessing he was a no vote on this idea.

The Broncos player's press release was so much worse, praising the level of play in 2020 and hinting it was due to less workouts. I guess they were too busy getting last place in their division to notice how poorly most defenses played for the first month or two.

chris98251

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3mdmia7y said:
knownone":3mdmia7y said:

There's literally no reason to invoke the pandemic for this. Everyone 16+ gets access to vax in less than a week. Russ/Ciara are doing a "vaccination special" Sunday night on NBC. The NFL is already making staffers/coaches vax to even be close to players. Players who won't vax will continue to have to have daily tests and wear their tracking device and probably enjoy meetings on Zoom while everyone else does it in person.

So in short the OTA environment would be the MOST safe from a pandemic standpoint.

Access, but supply is still going to be short, better to be aware, OTA's are a few days and then off again. Being safe to July and or August and getting playbook coaching and regimens for new guys can be done. You also see who is self motivated and who is lazy.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
This is obviously Russell's--and that she-devil Ciara's--doing so they can properly prep for their vaccination awareness special.

The guy drags us to multiple wins a year and he can't even be bothered to work out? Plus, he probably has spent time with his kids in the off-season. He's out of control.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":26ebwlm8 said:
This is obviously Russell's--and that she-devil Ciara's--doing so they can properly prep for their vaccination awareness special.

The guy drags us to multiple wins a year and he can't even be bothered to work out? Plus, he probably has spent time with his kids in the off-season. He's out of control.

I loathe the selfishness of today's players. Especially #3.
He needs to a get a grip

hawkfan68

Reaction score
What concerns me about this is guys like Al Woods and Chance Warmack, who sat out last year, may not be in shape when it comes to training camp or mandatory sessions.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":dkv81c86 said:
What concerns me about this is guys like Al Woods and Chance Warmack, who sat out last year, may not be in shape when it comes to training camp or mandatory sessions.

Every team including our division rivals will face this dilemma--but there's none of this that's come up with the Rams, 49ers and Cardinals.

Who wouldn't be pushing voluntary workouts themselves if they didn't sniff competitive advantage.