Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aldon Smith visiting Seattle? UPDATE Has signed 1 year deal

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • hoxrox wrote:
    He absolutely abused our LT Brown, repeatedly.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• I like the signing but I would rather have KJ back. That was a bigger need IMO.
    vonstout
    NET Starter

• vonstout wrote:I like the signing but I would rather have KJ back. That was a bigger need IMO.

Not sure I agree. I love KJ it is think we could potentially get an UDFA or late rd LB that could start at LB, Alton will push Green, LJ, Robinson, and Taylor.

We can hide a weak LB but DE depth is more important.
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

• Wenhawk wrote:
    vonstout wrote:I like the signing but I would rather have KJ back. That was a bigger need IMO.

Not sure I agree. I love KJ it is think we could potentially get an UDFA or late rd LB that could start at LB, Alton will push Green, LJ, Robinson, and Taylor.

Michael Kendrick's has a message for you, no you can't. You isolate and throw quick routes and out routes on him all day.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:
    Wenhawk wrote:
    vonstout wrote:I like the signing but I would rather have KJ back. That was a bigger need IMO.

Michael Kendrick's has a message for you, no you can't. You isolate and throw quick routes and out routes on him all day.

Then play less 3 LB and use Adams or Blair in the box more.
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

• Wenhawk wrote:

Agreed. Our DE and pass rush was just terrible the first half of last year. I would much rather have that as a team strength then a third LB this year. Not that KJ wouldn't be a nice add, but he did say that money was his motivator this season and wouldn't give a home team discount. Looks like he completely misjudged the market to me.

Besides, Adams plays everywhere and maybe Taylor becomes a SAM for us as the third LB like Irvin.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• vonstout wrote:I like the signing but I would rather have KJ back. That was a bigger need IMO.

Why do you think these two things are mutually tied together?

Still some contract extensions and reworkings to be done before camp that could free up more than enough money to bring KJ back.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• The question ought to be: would the Hawks be a better team with KJ?

toffee
    NET Veteran

• First time in a while the Hawks will be able to have a true rotation to keep the stamina levels at max to produce 4 all day suckers in the aggregate.

The Seahawks coaching staff has a lot of experience and savvy, now they have the personal to match the situation week to week. I imagine the defensive coaches are excited about the possibility to dictate match ups along the defensive line when it comes to the game within the game. :rumble: I am talking about the kind of details that only people in the know would consider, the kind of thing that goes unnoticed by the average fan for the most part. They have a plethora of skill sets now to throw at different issues when game planning and during in game adjustments.

Conspiracy theorist in me wonders if they are setting themselves up to be able to only rush four predominantly and sit back in coverage like Pete wants to do making Jamal Adams available for a draft day trade. :stirthepot: The Jamal Adams fan in me is eager to see him sit back in coverage getting better and only blitzing at key moments in the game truly unleashing his potential as a game changer.

It's looking better can't wait for the draft.
    JPC4Days
    NET Practice Squad

• No excuses Seahawks you have the talent now to make the playoffs and maybe make a run . On paper this team looks pretty damn strong., I really hope Penny can give us something in the running game. If not he's another complete first round bust from Pete and John. I'm still concerned about the defense but Smith adds another good solid DE to the rotation. Our pass rush should be good this year.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• Quite happy to have aldon smith, etc. But we should remember we are signing castoffs from other teams?

Now that we are loaded on DL, may be time to boost the OL a bit, 17 games season and all.

toffee
    NET Veteran

• Cyrus12 wrote:I say yes, but knowing our teams luck he will get busted for something..I think this would be a good signing and he wouldn't be an opposing team crushing Wilson for a change.

https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/football ... s/10079761

Prophetic in such a disappointing way.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• I wonder how many media members and fans had major issue signing Antonio Brown but not Aldon Smith? Seems everyone was fine with Smith's off the field issues.

As long as there's no guaranteed money, I love these kind of cheap high upside signings.
    massari
    NET Veteran

• Well finding out it was now the Sisters childs father this could be either DV or a money grab.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Previous

It is currently Tue May 11, 2021 1:09 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information