Aldon Smith visiting Seattle? UPDATE Has signed 1 year deal

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Not shocked at this in the slightest, hell we tried to trade for him last season.

James in PA

Reaction score
It would be nice to have him on our side for a change. Who could forget that forced fumble and recovery he made against Russ on the first play of the 2013 NFCCG. What a sinking feeling that was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjdriver

Reaction score
I agree that ensuring we don't have to play against him might be enough reason to sign him alone!

misfit

Reaction score
Would be a great pickup to pair w Dunlap

kf3339

Reaction score
It depends on the contract and team goals for the draft. If there intent is to draft O-Line with the first pick and possibly 2nd pick, then I say yes. If they intend to draft more defense at the exclusion of our O-Line needs, then no.

There will be some quality O-Line FA's let go in June, July and August. I would hope we have left enough cap room to add if the opportunity presents itself. But that is just me. We will see.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Do it.

They aren't winning in the playoffs without a stellar rotation, and Aldon has cleaned his life up tremendously.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This should be a no-brainer.

Would rather have Clowney but that ship seems to have sailed.

Is he better than what we have now? Absolutely.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
All for this. Would be a nice signing. Like KF said, grab Aldon up and let the the remainder of the attention be spent on the Oline.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team was interested in acquiring him from the Cowboys last season.

He'd be a replacement for Irvin and a situational rusher. I'd be happy adding him as the team would then have a very strong cadre of pass rushers.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Last year there was no pass rush until Dunlap showed up. This year, the pass rush could be very good.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Atradees":21vevi0h said:
5 sacks in half season......loads of potential. Did he get injured in Dallas?

He had 4 sacks in the first 3 weeks. 3 against the Seahawks then 2 sacks in the other 13 games.

I would like to see him added to the pass rush rotation.

John63

Reaction score
I agree he would be great to add to the rotation, even if all he does is draw double teams that could help the others.

purpleworld

Reaction score
Bring him in...would be a huge upgrade for the pass rush and allow us to focus on other positions in the draft!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I really want to see this deal done as the improvement to the pass D would be significant and a genuine depth at pass rusher created. Pressure on the opposing QBs will genuinely help the DBs and make their job easier.

Hanjag

Reaction score
I don't really understand it.
https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/SEA
According to this site
LEO= Taylor, Robinson, Mayowa
LDE = Dunlap, Hyder, Collier
And Green reassigned as a DT, I guess Hyder, and Collier are also slated to slide inside on pass rush situations.

I guess they could redux the strategy from last year where Bruce Irvin was an LB. Yep, yes if he is willing to sign for 1 or 2 million, count me in. The troubles in his past can't be forgotten.

Give me Smith, Sherm, AB, and BPA in the draft I could count them as contenders for the crown. ANd if that BPA happens to be Landon D. :greetingsearthling: :les:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Hanjag":1nmniv6q said:
I don't really understand it.
https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/SEA
According to this site
LEO= Taylor, Robinson, Mayowa
LDE = Dunlap, Hyder, Collier
And Green reassigned as a DT, I guess Hyder, and Collier are also slated to slide inside on pass rush situations.

I guess they could redux the strategy from last year where Bruce Irvin was an LB. Yep, yes if he is willing to sign for 1 or 2 million, count me in. The troubles in his past can't be forgotten.

Give me Smith, Sherm, AB, and BPA in the draft I could count them as contenders for the crown. ANd if that BPA happens to be Landon D. :greetingsearthling: :les:

That depth chart is screwy. Dunlap played Leo last year.

Aldon Smith played at 280 last year. He'd be able to rush from several spots.