Do Not Sell My Personal Information

a Russell Wilson critique

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: a Russell Wilson critique
Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:19 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    hoxrox wrote:
    Sac wrote:
    John63 wrote:I think Wilson does have something to prove. Do does PC and the whole team. For that matter every team does. This is a new season, everyone has something to prove.

The problem is that every head coach that has had a quarterback that could sling it eventually let their quarterback sling it. Every head coach but PC.

"Sling it" doesn't necessarily equate to wins. Do you remember the 10 turnover over 4 game fiasco last season? Yeah that may have cost us the number one seed.

The issue with Pete is not that he didn't let Russ cook. That narrative is tired. The coaching issue was that he could not coach Russ out of his slump.

Some baseball players can't hit a curve ball, Wilson could not beat two deep zone coverage last year.

I am not sure if it was Russell he has shown the ability to in the past with Bevell, scheme and OC may have been the issue. But forcing the ball was on Wilson.
    Come on Chris, you know better to say negative things about Saint Russell the fairless.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:41 pm
  • John63 wrote:
    hoxrox wrote:
    Sac wrote:
    John63 wrote:I think Wilson does have something to prove. Do does PC and the whole team. For that matter every team does. This is a new season, everyone has something to prove.

The problem is that every head coach that has had a quarterback that could sling it eventually let their quarterback sling it. Every head coach but PC.

"Sling it" doesn't necessarily equate to wins. Do you remember the 10 turnover over 4 game fiasco last season? Yeah that may have cost us the number one seed.

The issue with Pete is not that he didn't let Russ cook. That narrative is tired. The coaching issue was that he could not coach Russ out of his slump.

Giving PC the benefit of the doubt some I am not sure it was he could not coach him out of it, I think he did not want to because it gave him the ability to pull in the reigns again. Also, point of note he never had 10 ints in any connected 4 games, the most was 7 and 3 of them went off receivers hands.

Using your thought process..How many did Russ throw off DL and DB's hands?
    During that stretch I know I saw a few..So he got lucky it wasn't more int and not
    lucky maybe on those three..Was it high?Behind WR?Wrong spot?I dunno
    but you might see where I'm going.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:07 pm
  • John63 wrote:
    hoxrox wrote:
    Sac wrote:

Also, point of note he never had 10 ints in any connected 4 games, the most was 7 and 3 of them went off receivers hands.

Remember when you used to say it was 5 blamed on receivers over the whole season?

And then I found video of each which showed only 2 even touched the hands of a receiver and 1 of those was a bad, high pass that Russ, at minimum, holds half of the blame for?

Here you go: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=172962&p=2531947#p2531947
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:12 am
  • pinksheets wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    hoxrox wrote:
    Sac wrote:

Also, point of note he never had 10 ints in any connected 4 games, the most was 7 and 3 of them went off receivers hands.

Remember when you used to say it was 5 blamed on receivers over the whole season?

And then I found video of each which showed only 2 even touched the hands of a receiver and 1 of those was a bad, high pass that Russ, at minimum, holds half of the blame for?

Well then you looked at the wrong video as I saw one were it was 5, but they were not all during that stretch.
    John63
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:48 am
  • John63 wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    hoxrox wrote:

Well then you looked at the wrong video as I saw one were it was 5, but they were not all during that stretch.

So you're not referring to last season?

Go to the linked post. The video is there. 2 all season touched receivers' hands and 1 was a bad, high pass where Russ is accountable.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:35 am
  • pinksheets wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:
    John63 wrote:

So you're not referring to last season?

Go to the linked post. The video is there. 2 all season touched receivers' hands and 1 was a bad, high pass where Russ is accountable.

the one I am referring to is on ESPN paid. IT showed all of them with "expert" saying if it should have been caught or not. For example the first one you say is high and it was but it should have been caught. Also, the ESPN paid site video had different angles than the one you shared. I suspect the difference is if you think a Pro football player should have caught that pass or not, or if you only count perfect passes. Some on this board think that if it is not perfect it should not be caught, others understand not all passes are perfect and there is a should have been caught scenario. Interestingly that same perfect pass group does not apply the same measure for other qbs only Wilson. I don't look for perfect I look for should have been. I guess since i have played, coached or ref Football for over 50 years I have a different perspective.

all that said even without the 5 ints we disagree on Wilson did throw some head scratcher ints. That said he also made alot of throws very few other QBs could make. I guess I choose not to nit pick or only focus on the bad liek some here.

You know it is funny when i was lurking deciding if I wanted to join this forum I did not intend to be a Wilson.. defender of sorts. But there was such a large number of Wilson haters, it was human nature. I mean if a guy throws 5 td, over 300 yards, comp 80% of his passes and a Qb rating of over 140 how in the hell can you say he played like crap because he missed 1 pass. Yet some here did just that.

Oh well went on a rant sorry
    John63
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:47 am
  • hoxrox wrote:"Sling it" doesn't necessarily equate to wins. Do you remember the 10 turnover over 4 game fiasco last season? Yeah that may have cost us the number one seed.

Hoxrox is discussing total turnovers here; specifically the four game stretch from week 6-9 where Russ had 7 interceptions and 3 fumbles in three games that all ended up in the lost column. His TD to turnover ratio was 800% better in our 12 wins (4.5 TDs per turnover) then it was in our four losses (0.5 TDs per turnover).

This isn't an issue of playing the blame game but rather highlighting that ball security remains extremely important in the NFL.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:13 pm
  • John63 wrote:
    UK_Seahawk wrote:
    John63 wrote:
    UK_Seahawk wrote:The guy who had it good but wanted it better and made it worse.

Thats a decent take to be fair.

Ultimately I think it comes down to $600k versus $35m.

Maybe but on paper we are better, so is it really fair? Moe like the guy who had it good, and wanted it better gave the media something they could twist to get their clicks with. Also, there are people out there saying the exact opposite, that what Wilson did forced PC to rethink things for the better. Media 101 find something to latch on to, warp it, and take both extremes to get clicks.

I'm not just talking about his and the teams play. I feel like he's almost trying too hard to become something I'm not sure he is. To me he wants to be a celeb who plays football whereas before he was a footballer who almost accidentally became famous.

Maybe that was always part of the plan?

Maybe but I don't see a celeb who wants to play football working as hard as Wilson does. I mean when Look online about Rodgers, Brady, Brees before he retied or most of the top QBs they all have a huge non football presence. So its not like Wilson is the only one. I just think in the day of social media, and paparazzi we hear about it more. I mean Joe Namath back in the day was more of a celeb than any of the QBs now with is fur coat, and parting. I dont think it's any of them wanting to be a celeb who plays football its just more media access, paparazzi, people always taking videos of athlete etc etc.

Yep, Wilson isn't an introverted guy that sits on his a$$, he's Pro-active, has the smarts, & is making money while he has draw.
    He seems to me to be the kind of guy that can & does make a lot of endorsement money, Why wouldn't he?, only a fool would leave money on the table.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:56 am
  • The league is full of guys who are making extra coin on endorsements, other endeavors etc. More power to these guys. Lord Brady and Erin Rodgers are doing the same exact thing. Plenty of extra things on the side. Big deal, go get it while you can. It does NOT mean they are not concentrating on football.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Previous

It is currently Sat May 08, 2021 6:38 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information