a Russell Wilson critique

hoxrox

Reaction score
Guaranteed some fans are not going to like this. But it's the offseason, and entertaining nonetheless.

[youtube]GVpqnDFQm4c[/youtube]

toffee

Reaction score
hoxrox":358tl2bw said:
Guaranteed some fans are not going to like this. But it's the offseason, and entertaining nonetheless.

[youtube]GVpqnDFQm4c[/youtube]
These two guys, they nailed Hollywood Russ.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Tinamedina

Reaction score
what does pete carroll have to prove? that he can coach and strategize without being outsmarted. that he can have a winning season without russell wilson bailing him out in the 4th quarter. they wouldnt even win REGULAR season games without wilson, thats a fact. of course they cant go far in the playoffs, pete carroll is not a good coach.

toffee

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3tvwv2hm said:
Who’s Emmanuel Acho? Sounds like a big sneeze to me
Acho is no body of course. He's totally unqualified to critique our St. Russell, who would have been the greatest QB in league history if that retard Pete Carroll hasn't been pulling him back with his outdated offense philosophies. Every Russell homers knew that.

John63

Reaction score
I think Wilson does have something to prove. Do does PC and the whole team. For that matter every team does. This is a new season, everyone has something to prove.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
The guy who had it good but wanted it better and made it worse.

Thats a decent take to be fair.

Ultimately I think it comes down to $600k versus $35m.

John63

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2lqo2uk8 said:

Maybe but on paper we are better, so is it really fair? Moe like the guy who had it good, and wanted it better gave the media something they could twist to get their clicks with. Also, there are people out there saying the exact opposite, that what Wilson did forced PC to rethink things for the better. Media 101 find something to latch on to, warp it, and take both extremes to get clicks.

OP
OP
hoxrox

hoxrox

Reaction score
hawkfan68":37p77vdp said:
Who’s Emmanuel Acho? Sounds like a big sneeze to me

He was actually a huge advocate for Russell Wilson being the league MVP, at midseason.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
John63":1hk0xjkv said:
UK_Seahawk":1hk0xjkv said:

Maybe but on paper we are better, so is it really fair? Moe like the guy who had it good, and wanted it better gave the media something they could twist to get their clicks with. Also, there are people out there saying the exact opposite, that what Wilson did forced PC to rethink things for the better. Media 101 find something to latch on to, warp it, and take both extremes to get clicks.

I'm not just talking about his and the teams play. I feel like he's almost trying too hard to become something I'm not sure he is. To me he wants to be a celeb who plays football whereas before he was a footballer who almost accidentally became famous.

Maybe that was always part of the plan?

John63

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":22ausfum said:
John63":22ausfum said:
UK_Seahawk":22ausfum said:

I'm not just talking about his and the teams play. I feel like he's almost trying too hard to become something I'm not sure he is. To me he wants to be a celeb who plays football whereas before he was a footballer who almost accidentally became famous.

Maybe that was always part of the plan?

Maybe but I don't see a celeb who wants to play football working as hard as Wilson does. I mean when Look online about Rodgers, Brady, Brees before he retied or most of the top QBs they all have a huge non football presence. So its not like Wilson is the only one. I just think in the day of social media, and paparazzi we hear about it more. I mean Joe Namath back in the day was more of a celeb than any of the QBs now with is fur coat, and parting. I dont think it's any of them wanting to be a celeb who plays football its just more media access, paparazzi, people always taking videos of athlete etc etc.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
John63":34pc8cn5 said:
UK_Seahawk":34pc8cn5 said:

You're causing and effecting Russell's public criticism for why we had a normal off season of player acquisition.

I'm sure Pete and John have spoken to Russell post "hey I don't want to be traded, but here are the teams I want to be traded to"..........but I HIGHLY doubt any of it affected our off season moves.

That's not what good teams do, make personnel moves because their players tell them to. They have entire scouting and personnel departments that help make those educated and calculated decisions.

John63

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":5d34zwxa said:
John63":5d34zwxa said:
UK_Seahawk":5d34zwxa said:

You're causing and effecting Russell's public criticism for why we had a normal off season of player acquisition.

I'm sure Pete and John have spoken to Russell post "hey I don't want to be traded, but here are the teams I want to be traded to"..........but I HIGHLY doubt any of it affected our off season moves.

That's not what good teams do, make personnel moves because their players tell them to. They have entire scouting and personnel departments that help make those educated and calculated decisions.

I never mentioned any of the player acquisition at all. As to good teams making moves because players told them too, hmm worked for Tampa Bay didn't it. But again no one said that. Rethinking things for the better does not mean Fa or Drafting, it can mean a lot of things. You are doing what the media did take something and twist it and run with it. That said since you brought it up, I do think this whole thing impacted what PC and the team has done and will do. we know it impacted some of the people we signed. Also, if you don't think that top QBs don't have a huge say or impact on FAs and the draft then you really don't understand the game. Heck Mahomes get 1 draft pick every year that he gets whoever he wants.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
John63":2dh2gp6r said:
Sgt. Largent":2dh2gp6r said:
John63":2dh2gp6r said:
UK_Seahawk":2dh2gp6r said:

I never mentioned any of the player acquisition at all. As to good teams making moves because players told them too, hmm worked for Tampa Bay didn't it. But again no one said that. Rethinking things for the better does not mean Fa or Drafting, it can mean a lot of things. You are doing what the media did take something and twist it and run with it. That said since you brought it up, I do think this whole thing impacted what PC and the team has done and will do. we know it impacted some of the people we signed. Also, if you don't think that top QBs don't have a huge say or impact on FAs and the draft then you really don't understand the game. Heck Mahomes get 1 draft pick every year that he gets whoever he wants.

No one knows if any of the free agent signings or moves the Hawks have made this year was impacted by Russell.

Pete and John have said absolutely nothing to deny or confirm this, or have spoke about Russell's little tantrum at all.

What you're saying is 100% conjecture.

It's the off season, we're signing and extending players who we think will help us win. The End.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Although it was a little difficult to listen through their over-the-top characterized delivery, I agree with just about everything they said. They didn't really cut Russ down. They merely just gave a summary of RWs career without rose colored glasses.

UK_Seahawk":1zoen8i2 said:

I liked that as well.

UK_Seahawk":1zoen8i2 said:
Right on. I think they should have mentioned this. It is a very glaring aspect of the current NFL.

rcaido

Reaction score
It was hard to watch, wonder what Russ is thinking right now. I think most of the time, these guys are just jealous of Wilson. I can totally see these guys are the same saying "Wilson isn't black enough" crowd. Every criticism they had pretty much applies to all QBs except for Brady.

Tinamedina

Reaction score
rcaido":1n018vgb said:
It was hard to watch, wonder what Russ is thinking right now. I think most of the time, these guys are just jealous of Wilson. I can totally see these guys are the same saying "Wilson isn't black enough" crowd. Every criticism they had pretty much applies to all QBs except for Brady.

These black sports analysts NEVER liked Wilsom cause they said he wasn't "black enough", I dont trust their opinion.

Own The West

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":1mxy86e9 said:
Although it was a little difficult to listen through their over-the-top characterized delivery, I agree with just about everything they said. They didn't really cut Russ down. They merely just gave a summary of RWs career without rose colored glasses.

UK_Seahawk":1mxy86e9 said:

I liked that as well.

UK_Seahawk":1mxy86e9 said:
Right on. I think they should have mentioned this. It is a very glaring aspect of the current NFL.

I think UK pulled the meat out of the thread right here. Although, I'll just add a couple more points for the folks that want to make it about something else:

1) Pete Carroll is one of three football coaches to win both the Superbowl and NCAA championships. His last Superbowl was six years ago. The only coach to win more in that time is Belichick, whom we are 3-1 against. He coached up Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart to the highest achievement of their careers and got them the Heisman. Pete Carroll has won without Russell Wilson, but Wilson has never won without Pete Carroll. I understand being a fan is often about sticking with your favorites, but it doesn't make sense to say the guy with the proven track record is holding back the guy that's never done anything without him.

2) Criticizing Russell Wilson is not 'jealousy' or a "not black enough" indictment. Both announcers had plenty of nice things to say about both white and black QBs (including Russell Wilson) and had very specific praise for Russ. The root of their criticism was 'new' vs 'old' Russ; the latter went to the Superbowl twice and won, the former has gone 1-4 in the playoffs and pointed fingers at everyone but himself. Football is a team sport. If Russ has gone 'hollywood' or "me first" that's a legit criticism.

toffee

Reaction score
Own The West":31ldli3l said:
MD5eahawks":31ldli3l said:

UK_Seahawk":31ldli3l said:

I liked that as well.

UK_Seahawk":31ldli3l said:

I think UK pulled the meat out of the thread right here. Although, I'll just add a couple more points for the folks that want to make it about something else:

1) Pete Carroll is one of three football coaches to win both the Superbowl and NCAA championships. His last Superbowl was six years ago. The only coach to win more in that time is Belichick, whom we are 3-1 against. He coached up Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart to the highest achievement of their careers and got them the Heisman. Pete Carroll has won without Russell Wilson, but Wilson has never won without Pete Carroll. I understand being a fan is often about sticking with your favorites, but it doesn't make sense to say the guy with the proven track record is holding back the guy that's never done anything without him.

2) Criticizing Russell Wilson is not 'jealousy' or a "not black enough" indictment. Both announcers had plenty of nice things to say about both white and black QBs (including Russell Wilson) and had very specific praise for Russ. The root of their criticism was 'new' vs 'old' Russ; the latter went to the Superbowl twice and won, the former has gone 1-4 in the playoffs and pointed fingers at everyone but himself. Football is a team sport. If Russ has gone 'hollywood' or "me first" that's a legit criticism.
Bravo,

John63

Reaction score
Own The West":327fldcz said:
MD5eahawks":327fldcz said:

UK_Seahawk":327fldcz said:

I liked that as well.

UK_Seahawk":327fldcz said:

Except once again Wilson said in the article that started it that he needed to get better. Amazing how people are so.quick to forget that just so they can try to make it look like ne take no responsibility when clearly he did. Also I don't recall him calling out anyone, he said he is tired of getting hit and that qe need to get better and I, meaning Wilson, needs to get better. No names other than his, no position groups just we and me. Any attempt by anyone to try to pretend like they know he was calling out a person or group are just assuming. Many things go into blocking; play call and design, olinr, qb, wra , rbs, tes, down and distance etc. Given Wilson's statement was we and me, meaning Wilson the reality is it could be anyone, or groups or coaches al all of the above. So these to so called experts just did what a lot have done..assume. why simple clicks.