Do Not Sell My Personal Information

That special relationship between Chris Carson and Rashaad P

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13

• Anyone know more these two? They were competitors, one was a first round pick that plays backup to the other who was drafted in 6th or was it 7th round. Carson grew up in Georgia, Penny in California, but they are the best of friends.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• Play nice children!
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• It's encouraging to hear that Russell is remaining active in his recruitment to better the team.

Of course, we already knew this regarding his recruitment of Carson, but still. Refreshing.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:Anyone know more these two? They were competitors, one was a first round pick that plays backup to the other who was drafted in 6th or was it 7th round. Carson grew up in Georgia, Penny in California, but they are the best of friends.

All i know is Penny and Wilson played huge roles in getting Carson back to Seattle.
    John63
    NET Veteran

• I don't know much of the background, but Carson says Penny is "like a brother" to him. Sounds like they have a strong bond.

https://sports.yahoo.com/chris-carson-s ... 44070.html

Chris Carson wrote:I mean, besides Russ, Rashaad (Penny) was the other big recruiter to try and bring me back,” Said Cason. “Everyone knows he is like a brother to me. If we can stay healthy and everything like that, we can be one of the top rushing duo’s in the league. We both bring a different feel to the game, different attributes that accompany each other so well.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Maelstrom787 wrote:I don't know much of the background, but Carson says Penny is "like a brother" to him. Sounds like they have a strong bond.

Chris Carson wrote:I mean, besides Russ, Rashaad (Penny) was the other big recruiter to try and bring me back,” Said Cason. “Everyone knows he is like a brother to me. If we can stay healthy and everything like that, we can be one of the top rushing duo’s in the league. We both bring a different feel to the game, different attributes that accompany each other so well.

After Rashads knee injury Carson was there helping him recover and working out with him as he rehabbed as well, was calling and supporting him the whole way. They are competitors but they bounded as friends as well.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Sort of like Sayers and Piccolo.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• chris98251 wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:I don't know much of the background, but Carson says Penny is "like a brother" to him. Sounds like they have a strong bond.

After Rashads knee injury Carson was there helping him recover and working out with him as he rehabbed as well, was calling and supporting him the whole way. They are competitors but they bounded as friends as well.

They're clearly the two best backs on the roster, and I'm glad that Carson is fully aware of just how well they feed off of each other. Penny provides a hugely perceptible spark to the offense, he just needs to get healthy.

It's unfortunate considering his obvious talent and the fact that his med sheet was super clean when he was drafted, but if we can actually get both of them on field at the same time, there aren't many better 1-2 punches in the league.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• He’s all in!

Then again he is a team captain.

The news of his desire to leave appears to have been greatly exaggerated.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• It's good to see Rashaad showing signs of being a leader.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• JayhawkMike wrote:
    John63 wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/chris-carson-says-rashaad-penny-210344070.html

Chris Carson says Rashaad Penny and Russell Wilson were the “biggest recruiters” on return to Seattle

That Russell Wilson, he sure is a god among men. Flawless and perfect in every way. :roll:

Your bull**** is just as annoying as the OP's bull****.
    Hockey Guy
    NET Veteran

• KitsapGuy wrote:Sort of like Sayers and Piccolo.

Was going to mention that but thought most the people here would wonder why Sayers played a piccolo.

That or have no idea of NFL history.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• JayhawkMike wrote:
    John63 wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/chris-carson-says-rashaad-penny-210344070.html

Chris Carson says Rashaad Penny and Russell Wilson were the “biggest recruiters” on return to Seattle

That Russell Wilson, he sure is a god among men. Flawless and perfect in every way. :roll:

Took you long enough to come around to truthin' :snack:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Hockey Guy wrote:
    JayhawkMike wrote:

Your bull**** is just as annoying as the OP's bull****.

He knows. He likes it that way.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• I'm surprised by this after Carson immediately unfollowed Russ on social media after the season.

Must just have been because Russ's social media presence is so cringey then.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

• pinksheets wrote:I'm surprised by this after Carson immediately unfollowed Russ on social media after the season.

I think it was because Carson was upset after that playoff loss. On a limited pitch count, when he felt he could have done more to impact the game?

Russ wanted so badly to finally be an MVP, but he doesn't need to be the hero every game. Lean on your sidekicks to get the job done... Even Lockett has said as much...
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:Sort of like Sayers and Piccolo.

Was going to mention that but thought most the people here would wonder why Sayers played a piccolo.

For those folks, perhaps they would enjoy and learn by watching Brian's Song
    https://youtu.be/G4SF3h9tvtk

toffee
    NET Veteran

• hoxrox wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:I'm surprised by this after Carson immediately unfollowed Russ on social media after the season.

I think it was because Carson was upset after that playoff loss. On a limited pitch count, when he felt he could have done more to impact the game?

Russ wanted so badly to finally be an MVP, but he doesn't need to be the hero every game. Lean on your sidekicks to get the job done... Even Lockett has said as much...
    In Pete's locker, Saint Russell could not be criticized.

toffee
    NET Veteran

• JayhawkMike wrote:

Amen! Let's all hold hands and praise the flawless one.

toffee
    NET Veteran

• As maligned as Penny is, and I guess justified based on his high pick, that injury came at a very unfortunate time. It seemed like the Hawks were really developing a nice 1-2 punch with Carson and Penny (thinking' of the Eagles and Vikings games) when in injury happened. I'd like to see what these guys can do both being healthy and productive
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

• HawkRiderFan wrote:As maligned as Penny is, and I guess justified based on his high pick, that injury came at a very unfortunate time. It seemed like the Hawks were really developing a nice 1-2 punch with Carson and Penny (thinking' of the Eagles and Vikings games) when in injury happened. I'd like to see what these guys can do both being healthy and productive

Agreed and then add in Collins and it could be a good group.
    John63
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:Sort of like Sayers and Piccolo.

I just didn’t want to jinx one of them!
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue May 11, 2021 12:00 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information