That special relationship between Chris Carson and Rashaad P

toffee

Reaction score
Anyone know more these two? They were competitors, one was a first round pick that plays backup to the other who was drafted in 6th or was it 7th round. Carson grew up in Georgia, Penny in California, but they are the best of friends.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
It's encouraging to hear that Russell is remaining active in his recruitment to better the team.

Of course, we already knew this regarding his recruitment of Carson, but still. Refreshing.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
toffee":3gbvfo46 said:
Anyone know more these two? They were competitors, one was a first round pick that plays backup to the other who was drafted in 6th or was it 7th round. Carson grew up in Georgia, Penny in California, but they are the best of friends.

All i know is Penny and Wilson played huge roles in getting Carson back to Seattle.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I don't know much of the background, but Carson says Penny is "like a brother" to him. Sounds like they have a strong bond.

https://sports.yahoo.com/chris-carson-s ... 44070.html

Chris Carson":1uto8raw said:
I mean, besides Russ, Rashaad (Penny) was the other big recruiter to try and bring me back,” Said Cason. “Everyone knows he is like a brother to me. If we can stay healthy and everything like that, we can be one of the top rushing duo’s in the league. We both bring a different feel to the game, different attributes that accompany each other so well.

chris98251

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1hb4rrj5 said:
I don't know much of the background, but Carson says Penny is "like a brother" to him. Sounds like they have a strong bond.

Chris Carson":1hb4rrj5 said:
I mean, besides Russ, Rashaad (Penny) was the other big recruiter to try and bring me back,” Said Cason. “Everyone knows he is like a brother to me. If we can stay healthy and everything like that, we can be one of the top rushing duo’s in the league. We both bring a different feel to the game, different attributes that accompany each other so well.

After Rashads knee injury Carson was there helping him recover and working out with him as he rehabbed as well, was calling and supporting him the whole way. They are competitors but they bounded as friends as well.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
chris98251":2ewy1agl said:
Maelstrom787":2ewy1agl said:

Chris Carson":2ewy1agl said:

After Rashads knee injury Carson was there helping him recover and working out with him as he rehabbed as well, was calling and supporting him the whole way. They are competitors but they bounded as friends as well.

They're clearly the two best backs on the roster, and I'm glad that Carson is fully aware of just how well they feed off of each other. Penny provides a hugely perceptible spark to the offense, he just needs to get healthy.

It's unfortunate considering his obvious talent and the fact that his med sheet was super clean when he was drafted, but if we can actually get both of them on field at the same time, there aren't many better 1-2 punches in the league.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He’s all in!

Then again he is a team captain.

The news of his desire to leave appears to have been greatly exaggerated.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
It's good to see Rashaad showing signs of being a leader.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score

chris98251

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1j3e9qhu said:
Sort of like Sayers and Piccolo.

Was going to mention that but thought most the people here would wonder why Sayers played a piccolo.

That or have no idea of NFL history.

scutterhawk

Reaction score

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

pinksheets

Reaction score
I'm surprised by this after Carson immediately unfollowed Russ on social media after the season.

Must just have been because Russ's social media presence is so cringey then.

hoxrox

Reaction score
pinksheets":6927snsm said:
I'm surprised by this after Carson immediately unfollowed Russ on social media after the season.

I think it was because Carson was upset after that playoff loss. On a limited pitch count, when he felt he could have done more to impact the game?

Russ wanted so badly to finally be an MVP, but he doesn't need to be the hero every game. Lean on your sidekicks to get the job done... Even Lockett has said as much...

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":1e1yzzr2 said:
KitsapGuy":1e1yzzr2 said:
Sort of like Sayers and Piccolo.

Was going to mention that but thought most the people here would wonder why Sayers played a piccolo.

That or have no idea of NFL history.
For those folks, perhaps they would enjoy and learn by watching Brian's Song
https://youtu.be/G4SF3h9tvtk

toffee

Reaction score
hoxrox":1at8zms4 said:
pinksheets":1at8zms4 said:

I think it was because Carson was upset after that playoff loss. On a limited pitch count, when he felt he could have done more to impact the game?

Russ wanted so badly to finally be an MVP, but he doesn't need to be the hero every game. Lean on your sidekicks to get the job done... Even Lockett has said as much...
In Pete's locker, Saint Russell could not be criticized.