Tre flower + 3rd round pick for Julio Jones?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
A million times yes, but it messes up the cap picture.

If I knew this was a complete make-or-break year, I take that all day long.

massari

Reaction score
Trade Adams for a 1st and 2nd to clear $10m in cap room for 2021, then enjoy watching Wilson throw for 5000 yards 50 TDs.

misfit

Reaction score
massari":1k1s15kh said:
Trade Adams for a 1st and 2nd to clear $10m in cap room for 2021, then enjoy watching Wilson throw for 5000 yards 50 TDs.
Rather trade bobby

Throwdown

Reaction score
massari":3u1l4wbm said:

And never win a super bowl again

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Why would Atlanta do this? And cap issues for Seattle.
I’d do it in a heartbeat if it could be done though if I’m the Hawks.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
massari":1kmnwqx0 said:
Trading Adam’s would be stupid.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Love me some Julio but I think you would be buying diminishing return while paying with potential and future roster leverage. No go.
I'm not in favor of letting Flowers go. He'll keep improving at a position of great need. Under no circumstance can we afford to handicap an already fragile position to strengthen an already strong position.

James in PA

Reaction score
I’m sure Tawmy has already reached out. I bet he’ll sign with Tampa Bay if Atlanta releases him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Appyhawk":3kcu15b4 said:
Love me some Julio but I think you would be buying diminishing return while paying with potential and future roster leverage. No go.
I'm not in favor of letting Flowers go. He'll keep improving at a position of great need. Under no circumstance can we afford to handicap an already fragile position to strengthen an already strong position.
Still waiting to see any improvement from Flowers. He can’t cover and doesnt get his head turned to play the ball.
If he hasn’t improved in those 2 areas by now, he won’t IMHO.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This looks like a thinly veiled attempt to trade away Flowers.

I get why Atlanta might want a 3rd, but they could probably get better than that for an all-world receiver.

But why would they want Flowers?

(I get why half our own fanbase wants to trade him away, but it makes no sense why another team would want him in a trade)

Chapow

Reaction score
We don't have a 3rd round pick this year, so unless they'd be willing to accept a low-ish 4th round pick we'd have to give them either our 2nd round pick or next years 2nd or 3rd (just going by what is written in the article, and who knows how accurate or realistic that is).

But I'm not sure any of that really matters. Jones cap hit for 2021 is $23 million. I'm sure there are ways the Seahawks could make that work if they really wanted to, but at what cost?

Absolutely love me some Julio Jones, but this just doesn't seem like a good move for the Seahawks at this time to me.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Atlanta will end up releasing Jones post June 1. Ne need to make a trade if hes going to be available anyway.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Like with the RW discussion earlier this off-season it makes a ton of sense for teams to trade FOR expensive players because the previous team is stuck paying a large part of the contract. It makes little sense to trade them away; the Falcons would lose cap space in 2021 if they swapped Jones for Flowers right now.

That being said, we just extended Lockett and Metcalf is approaching a huge payday. Adding a third top dollar WR alongside our top dollar QB is putting most of our spending on offense into just those four players. The quality of our OL, TEs and RBs would definitely suffer as a result.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Appyhawk":1mrf9ad1 said:
Makes sense but Julio's like a Ferrari that everyone loves to have.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":1ebhvcqv said:
Atlanta will end up releasing Jones post June 1. Ne need to make a trade if hes going to be available anyway.

Giphy

sdog1981

Reaction score
Yes, I would also love to trade hot garbage for an All-Pro player.

Chapow

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":278vnhdn said:
oldhawkfan":278vnhdn said:

Giphy

Sure, but if that does indeed happen there will be a whole lot of other teams trying to sign him too. Is Seattle really going to be able to give him a better offer than any other team? Seems awfully unlikely to me.