Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tre flower + 3rd round pick for Julio Jones?

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13

• Doubt it. Not enough cap space.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• A million times yes, but it messes up the cap picture.

If I knew this was a complete make-or-break year, I take that all day long.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Trade Adams for a 1st and 2nd to clear $10m in cap room for 2021, then enjoy watching Wilson throw for 5000 yards 50 TDs.
    massari
    NET Veteran

• massari wrote:Trade Adams for a 1st and 2nd to clear $10m in cap room for 2021, then enjoy watching Wilson throw for 5000 yards 50 TDs.

Rather trade bobby
    misfit
    NET Veteran

• massari wrote:Trade Adams for a 1st and 2nd to clear $10m in cap room for 2021, then enjoy watching Wilson throw for 5000 yards 50 TDs.

And never win a super bowl again
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Why would Atlanta do this? And cap issues for Seattle.
    I’d do it in a heartbeat if it could be done though if I’m the Hawks.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Trading Adam’s would be stupid.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Love me some Julio but I think you would be buying diminishing return while paying with potential and future roster leverage. No go.
    I'm not in favor of letting Flowers go. He'll keep improving at a position of great need. Under no circumstance can we afford to handicap an already fragile position to strengthen an already strong position.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

• I’m sure Tawmy has already reached out. I bet he’ll sign with Tampa Bay if Atlanta releases him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

• Appyhawk wrote:Love me some Julio but I think you would be buying diminishing return while paying with potential and future roster leverage. No go.
    I'm not in favor of letting Flowers go. He'll keep improving at a position of great need. Under no circumstance can we afford to handicap an already fragile position to strengthen an already strong position.

Still waiting to see any improvement from Flowers. He can’t cover and doesnt get his head turned to play the ball.
    If he hasn’t improved in those 2 areas by now, he won’t IMHO.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• This looks like a thinly veiled attempt to trade away Flowers.

I get why Atlanta might want a 3rd, but they could probably get better than that for an all-world receiver.

But why would they want Flowers?

(I get why half our own fanbase wants to trade him away, but it makes no sense why another team would want him in a trade)
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• We don't have a 3rd round pick this year, so unless they'd be willing to accept a low-ish 4th round pick we'd have to give them either our 2nd round pick or next years 2nd or 3rd (just going by what is written in the article, and who knows how accurate or realistic that is).

But I'm not sure any of that really matters. Jones cap hit for 2021 is $23 million. I'm sure there are ways the Seahawks could make that work if they really wanted to, but at what cost?

Absolutely love me some Julio Jones, but this just doesn't seem like a good move for the Seahawks at this time to me.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• Atlanta will end up releasing Jones post June 1. Ne need to make a trade if hes going to be available anyway.
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

• Like with the RW discussion earlier this off-season it makes a ton of sense for teams to trade FOR expensive players because the previous team is stuck paying a large part of the contract. It makes little sense to trade them away; the Falcons would lose cap space in 2021 if they swapped Jones for Flowers right now.

That being said, we just extended Lockett and Metcalf is approaching a huge payday. Adding a third top dollar WR alongside our top dollar QB is putting most of our spending on offense into just those four players. The quality of our OL, TEs and RBs would definitely suffer as a result.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

• Appyhawk wrote:Love me some Julio but I think you would be buying diminishing return while paying with potential and future roster leverage. No go.
    Makes sense but Julio's like a Ferrari that everyone loves to have.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• oldhawkfan wrote:Atlanta will end up releasing Jones post June 1. Ne need to make a trade if hes going to be available anyway.

Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Yes, I would also love to trade hot garbage for an All-Pro player.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    oldhawkfan wrote:Atlanta will end up releasing Jones post June 1. Ne need to make a trade if hes going to be available anyway.

Sure, but if that does indeed happen there will be a whole lot of other teams trying to sign him too. Is Seattle really going to be able to give him a better offer than any other team? Seems awfully unlikely to me.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• Dont need him. Not enough footballs for them all.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• Throwdown wrote:And never win a super bowl again

Sports Hernia wrote:Trading Adam’s would be stupid.

Why make comments like this without reasoning?
    massari
    NET Veteran

• Chapow wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    oldhawkfan wrote:Atlanta will end up releasing Jones post June 1. Ne need to make a trade if hes going to be available anyway.

Sure, but if that does indeed happen there will be a whole lot of other teams trying to sign him too. Is Seattle really going to be able to give him a better offer than any other team? Seems awfully unlikely to me.

So your solution is to trade valuable picks and players AND be on the hook for his 23M cap hit for a player who's stats plummeted in 2020 so that you can grab him before other teams get a chance to talk to him after he's cut?

Glad some of you guys aren't GM's, that's for sure.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:So your solution is to trade valuable picks and players AND be on the hook for his 23M cap hit for a player

Unless I'm mistaken, Julio's cap hit would be $15M for 2021, $11.5M 2022, $11.5M 2023 after he's traded.

So if they trade Adams and add Julio, they'll gain a lot more draft capital and a lot more future cap space.

Marquise Blair and Ryan Neal can replace Adams.
    massari
    NET Veteran

• massari wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:So your solution is to trade valuable picks and players AND be on the hook for his 23M cap hit for a player

Unless I'm mistaken, Julio's cap hit would be $15M for 2021, $11.5M 2022, $11.5M 2023 after he's traded.

So if they trade Adams and add Julio, they'll gain a lot more draft capital and a lot more future cap space.

Marquise Blair and Ryan Neal can replace Adams.

the interwebz says Jone's cap hit in 2021 is 23M, thus why he's gonna get cut after June 1st.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-fal ... ones-7721/

Unless there's a new rule I don't know about where the new team get's cap relief without re-structuring the contract.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:

So your solution is to trade valuable picks and players AND be on the hook for his 23M cap hit for a player who's stats plummeted in 2020 so that you can grab him before other teams get a chance to talk to him after he's cut?

Glad some of you guys aren't GM's, that's for sure.

:34853_doh:

Maybe you should consider reading the whole thread. This is my first post in this thread,

Chapow wrote:We don't have a 3rd round pick this year, so unless they'd be willing to accept a low-ish 4th round pick we'd have to give them either our 2nd round pick or next years 2nd or 3rd (just going by what is written in the article, and who knows how accurate or realistic that is).

But I'm not sure any of that really matters. Jones cap hit for 2021 is $23 million. I'm sure there are ways the Seahawks could make that work if they really wanted to, but at what cost?

Absolutely love me some Julio Jones, but this just doesn't seem like a good move for the Seahawks at this time to me.

I think it's pretty clear that I don't think we should trade picks and players and be on the hook for his cap hit. I don't think we're in a good position to do that.

My point was that even if he does become available after June 1st, it's far from a certainty that we'd be able to sign him. Hell, IMO it's probably not even very likely.

But thanks for reminding me why it's pointless and a complete waste of time to try to have a rational football conversation on this board.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• massari wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:And never win a super bowl again

It was said the same vein that trading Adam’s was.
    I think it’s stupid, you apparently don’t. It is what it is.
    No reason to take things personal when others may not agree with your POV.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Don’t need Julio.

Need a premier number 1 corner and/or better offensive line play.

If you’re looking for a third receiver to step up, Everett should be that person.

Carroll wants to run the ball better, Julio is not necessary to assist in this goal.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Chapow wrote:
    Maybe you should consider reading the whole thread. This is my first post in this thread,

I never read the whole thread, I like to come to each thread with the quickest most irrational knee jerk visceral and emotional reaction as humanly possible so I can have one fleeting moment of sanctimonious pleasure before returning to my soul crushing job draining the lifeforce from my very being.

I hope you'll forgive me.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• I think there's a missing aspect to this thread: Julio might want to come to Seattle. ... and he could have some input on how much he's willing to renegotiate his contract.

If I were Julio, playing opposite DK with Lockett rounding out 3WR sets, it's a great place to keep catching balls for a long time. If he's motivated and if he knows he's not getting his 23M that applies to '21 cap, he could be in a situation to renegotiate with voidable years and conversion of some income to sign-on and such. If the cap hit was smaller, it could make sense for Seahawks. If JJ wants to play for a long time on a team with 3 #1 receivers to avoid double teams and hits over the middle there could be a match.

...just another aspect that seems relevant.
    chrispy
    NET Starter

• Julio only started 9 games last year and scored 3 TDs.
    He only scored 6 TDs in 2019 in 15 games.

There's so many reasons why this would be a bad trade for us. He would get frustrated in an offense that plans on featuring the run.

And as mentioned earlier, this team should be focusing on getting a good starting corner and pass rush
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:the interwebz says Jone's cap hit in 2021 is 23M, thus why he's gonna get cut after June 1st.

Unless there's a new rule I don't know about where the new team get's cap relief without re-structuring the contract.

Pretty sure the team that trades for him would only have to pay his base salary, which is $15M this season and $11.5 the next two seasons.

Sports Hernia wrote:
    massari wrote:

wut?

When someone replies to me with strong statements disagreeing, I sort of expect some sort of reasoning.

Taking it personal? Weird post all around.
    massari
    NET Veteran

• massari wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:the interwebz says Jone's cap hit in 2021 is 23M, thus why he's gonna get cut after June 1st.

Pretty sure the team that trades for him would only have to pay his base salary, which is $15M this season and $11.5 the next two seasons.

Sports Hernia wrote:
    massari wrote:

wut?

When someone replies to me with strong statements disagreeing, I sort of expect some sort of reasoning.

Taking it personal? Weird post all around.

:34853_doh:
    Speaking of wut....
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• If the Falcons really want to unload Jones for the cap relief and get a player of real value in return, then they need to get creative and include the #4 pick.

If they're truly OK with Ryan as their QB for the next 2-3 years, then trade Jones and the #4 pick......and the line would be out the door with suitors offering really good players and picks in return.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• I believe no team will trade for Julio's contract in this market.

Further I can't see the team trading for him as a short term rather expensive rental. Besides that there is seriously little likelihood the falcons would consider a trade involving Tre Flowers.

Frankly would agree that if the Falcons are genuinely interested in offloading Julio's deal by trading him he'll get cut before he gets traded unless he's traded for next to no compensation. He's most likely to just get cut.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• The corner positions right now are the weakness going forward . Tre knows the system . The other side needs a shut down corner . I can dream can't I ?
    xray
    NET Veteran

• xray wrote:The corner positions right now are the weakness going forward . Tre knows the system . The other side needs a shut down corner . I can dream can't I ?

Ok , go get Sherm . Problem solved . :D
    xray
    NET Veteran

• xray wrote:The corner positions right now are the weakness going forward . Tre knows the system . The other side needs a shut down corner . I can dream can't I ?

Trey knows the system, he just doesn’t cover or play the ball well.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• xray wrote:
    xray wrote:The corner positions right now are the weakness going forward . Tre knows the system . The other side needs a shut down corner . I can dream can't I ?

There you go, much better solution IMHO. :2thumbs:
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• massari wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:the interwebz says Jone's cap hit in 2021 is 23M, thus why he's gonna get cut after June 1st.

You are correct. Any team trading for Jones would be acquiring his $15.3M guaranteed salary in 2021, $11.513M guaranteed salary in 2022, and an $11.513M non-guaranteed option for 2023. All of the other outstanding dead money, ($23.25M), would stay with the Falcons.

Since the salaries for 2021 and 2022 are fully guaranteed there is no reason for him to be be cut.

Later edit: Only $2M of the 2022 salary is fully guaranteed. :oops:
    flv
    NET Rookie

• xray wrote:
    xray wrote:The corner positions right now are the weakness going forward . Tre knows the system . The other side needs a shut down corner . I can dream can't I ?

I wish they would
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Please send me some of what you are smoking!
    harryjohnson
    NET Rookie

• Lets sign Older injured Vets for 15 million plus a year so they can watch from the IR list, please we have not done this since last season, then get rid of our young Pro Bowlers that have something to prove so we can afford that IR list.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I doubt this happens but to clear up a few things:

1. His cap hit in 2021 would be 15.3M in 2021 (his guaranteed salary) for any team that trades for him. The cap hit from his pro-rated bonus would be absorbed by the Falcons as dead money.

2. Beyond 2021 the only $$$ the Seahawks would be on the hook for is $2M of his 2022 salary, which is also guaranteed.

3. It's possible Jones would agree to lower his 2021 salary to make a trade happen (kind of like Dunlap did last year), but this is much less likely since Jones' 2021 salary is fully guaranteed. However there are other ways to lower his cap hit, like converting that salary in to a signing bonus.

4. Yes, Jones may get cut, but waiting for that to happen means you are competing with other teams to sign him. If you want him bad enough you give up a little bit to acquire him in a trade.
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran

• Jerhawk wrote:
    xray wrote:

I wish they would
    Time for Sherm to come home, he wants to, we need to.

toffee
    NET Veteran

• xray wrote:

If Sherm was still a shutdown corner, he would've been signed a long time ago.

They can afford both Julio and Sherm if they make the right moves.
    massari
    NET Veteran

• Sherm hasn't been shut down for a few years. Just because people like the guy, doesn't mean he is still a great player. In his prime, an all time great probably. Now, he looks slow out there.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• massari wrote:
    xray wrote:

Like how

toffee
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:
    massari wrote:
    xray wrote:

Like how

Trade Adams, Wilson, Wagner, Flowers, Diggs. We have seen the solution all off season from the whackos, ummm sorry those guys really know their stuff.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• toffee wrote:Like how

Extensions, restructures, trades
    massari
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:If the Falcons really want to unload Jones for the cap relief and get a player of real value in return, then they need to get creative and include the #4 pick.

If they're truly OK with Ryan as their QB for the next 2-3 years, then trade Jones and the #4 pick......and the line would be out the door with suitors offering really good players and picks in return.

I'd be fine with drafting the best non-QB in the draft at #4... Kyle Pitts. (I've seen some say he's the best player in the draft but that's neither here nor there)

True, the defense would still suck...but man, the offense would be fun to watch even if Julio is gone.

:mrgreen:

(I think Ryan has a good 3-4 years left)
    FalconsFanNW
    NET Starter

Next

It is currently Mon May 10, 2021 1:54 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information