Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do You Remember?

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Do You Remember?
Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:47 pm

Re: Do You Remember?
Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:32 pm
  • Everything about it, including being beyond surprised at how far up Bryan Anger went.

That was hilarious.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:33 pm
  • Also, the absolute SHOCK the day before with Bruce Irvin being taken at 15.

That was nuts, but ended up working out decently enough.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:46 am
  • I like the Doug Baldwin style stories. IMO he is one of the all time big contributors to Seahawk success and did it without the ballyhoo of high draft status. He did it the old fashioned way. He earned it.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:46 am
  • Hated the Irvin pick (still do), but it all worked out.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:55 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:Hated the Irvin pick (still do), but it all worked out.

Me too, I was a big fan of Chandler Jones in that draft and I was sure they were going to draft him in the first round.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:13 am
  • sdog1981 wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:Hated the Irvin pick (still do), but it all worked out.

Me too, I was a big fan of Chandler Jones in that draft and I was sure they were going to draft him in the first round.

As was I. Woulda, coulda.
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:46 am

Jacksonville will be drafting Trevor Lawrence with the first pick in the 2021 NFL draft, and so Meyer figured that he should talk to Russ about his experiences as a rookie QB under Bevell. As Palmer wrote, Wilson told Meyer about “Bevell’s ability to get him ready to perform at a high level very quickly (during) his rookie season.” We will have to wait and see if Bevell can pull off a similar feat with Trevor Lawrence after helping to start a future Hall of Fame career with Russell Wilson.

Russell Wilson had a ‘huge impact’ on Urban Meyer’s decision to hire Darrell Bevell >>> https://www.fieldgulls.com/2021/4/28/22406871/russell-wilson-had-huge-impact-urban-meyer-decision-to-hire-darrell-bevell
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:05 pm
  • I remember Smell Diaper and a bunch of other "experts" being all butt hurt over the pick. How'd that turn out????
    Well, nearly a decade later people STILL fight how wrong they were. Let alone that he's already an all time great QB on his way to the HOF. I wonder if these guys gets sick of being wrong, over and over again???
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:19 pm

Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:38 pm

chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:56 pm

Do You Remember?
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:23 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:I remember Smell Diaper and a bunch of other "experts" being all butt hurt over the pick. How'd that turn out????
    Well, nearly a decade later people STILL fight how wrong they were. Let alone that he's already an all time great QB on his way to the HOF. I wonder if these guys gets sick of being wrong, over and over again???
    This video will jog some memories.

Comments on Bruce, Bobby, and Russ are solid gold. I’ve always considered Peter S. a huge douche. If you want his take on RW ff to about 1:47.

“Sit’em on the bench, what’s he gunna do”

Lol.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:29 am
  • Yeah, a lot of people were wrong about the Russ pick, but keep in mind, he had to do something that hadn't been done before to succeed. I don't blame those who were skeptical at the time. I didn't dislike the pick, but was surprised he went in the third. I guess I shouldn't have been, because it sounds like half the league was targeting him there.

I wouldn't really call the Irvin pick a success, as you don't draft somebody in the top 15 expecting to not even pick up their fifth-year option. Much better than Quinton Coples though, which is who I was calling for when we were on the clock.

My reactions to that first day were more:

Bruce: :187734: :229031_banghead: :angry017: :enraged:

Wagz: :lol:

Russ: :shock: :2thumbs:
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:37 am
  • I remember the day and draft not because we picked RW at the top of the 3rd round. I thought that was a very good risk signing at the time. Mostly because I'm short in height myself, and wanted to root for the shorter QB. Besides, I remember when he was on the TV show that Gruden did and he was a strong believer in RW. He even told those so called experts that RW was on about an inch shorter than Brees, and showed that with his two fingers barely apart on the draft day broadcast.

No, my memory was how pissed I was when we traded out of our 1st round spot instead of taking Fletcher Cox as our starting 3tech DT. That still pisses me off to this day.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:41 am
  • kf3339 wrote:No, my memory was how pissed I was when we traded out of our 1st round spot instead of taking Fletcher Cox as our starting 3tech DT. That still pisses me off to this day.

Got a 4th (Jaye Howard) and a 6th (Jeremy Lane) in that trade down. Cox probably would have been better.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

It is currently Sat May 08, 2021 7:23 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information