Seahawks newest reclamation project: Robert Nkemdiche

chris98251

Reaction score
He could be as impactful as Donald if his head is on straight, but that and conditioning has been the issue. Maybe some humble pie has helped. 27 Games since what 2016 played and 26 years old, he has a lot left if Pete can push the right buttons. Dunbar, Aldon Smith, Nkemdiche, plus our carry overs and then Hyder, the D line on paper looks disruptive and full of pass rush.

ivotuk

Reaction score
chris98251":1zax9o6k said:
He could be as impactful as Donald if his head is on straight, but that and conditioning has been the issue. Maybe some humble pie has helped. 27 Games since what 2016 played and 26 years old, he has a lot left if Pete can push the right buttons. Dunbar, Aldon Smith, Nkemdiche, plus our carry overs and then Hyder, the D line on paper looks disruptive and full of pass rush.

I was going to post almost the exact same thing Chris. I Love this signing as IMHO, he can be "Aron Donald Lite."

But he's not a "football player," doesn't love the game, just where it can get him. He's one of the most ripped DL there ever was, but the reason he lasted until #29 was his head. "I'm going to buy a Panther as soon as I'm drafted."

I actually smiled when AZ drafted him because I felt it was a wasted pick. But like you say, maybe losing the NFL for a year plus has motivated him to be a great player...at least until he can get another big contract..preferably with a someone else.

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":1fjdx8nu said:
Another Dion Jordanish type?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

olyfan63

Reaction score
toffee":dbffwgr6 said:
chris98251":dbffwgr6 said:
Another Dion Jordanish type?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
I nad thought Dion Jordan's issues were injuries and staying healthy, first and foremost, but admittedly didn't follow his story all that closely. I just know that when Dion Jordan was healthy and in the lineup his impact was very noticeable in the pass rush. So he was a head case too?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
The Cardinal fans are laughing right now, but maybe he can turn it around.

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1bqsy1cs said:
Eh, we're not the ones who used a first rounder on him.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Rat":6p25ptqe said:
pittpnthrs":6p25ptqe said:
Eh, we're not the ones who used a first rounder on him.
Maybe the Cards will sign McDowell in revenge.

A_Biased_Fan

Reaction score
These are the things you have to do when your draft capital is low. Let's hope for a home run.

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
A_Biased_Fan":2gmjvfhc said:
These are the things you have to do when your draft capital is low. Let's hope for a home run.

We had picks last year and still signed Warmack, Ogbuhei, and Gordon. I think our guys just like these kind of low-risk gambles.

xray

Reaction score
The Hawks have been the recycling center for the NFL for 10 years . :D

chris98251

Reaction score
xray":g0lmjl4t said:
The Hawks have been the recycling center for the NFL for 10 years . :D

True, but Al Davis built teams that way that won Championships, Pete has some of that influence in him.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Never dismiss Seahawk DT acquisitions and never dismiss how incompetent the other NFL teams are.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Appyhawk":2ovhgb20 said:
This is a small bet on a longshot that has run a few good times in the past. Could pay off handsomely, but still a longshot.

I wouldn’t put a pre draft acquisition in the long shot category especially when half the teams are not in a flexible cap situation. Zero risk situation!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Reclamation projects are great. You get the talent for lower cost and sometimes get a great player that just did not fit the system.

But usually, you want character concerns, not work-ethic concerns.

Attitude and work ethic concerns usually do not work out. Unless the work ethic was misrepresented this has a very low % success rate tied to it.

Fingers crossed but the chances this works for us is miniscule.

kf3339

Reaction score
I actually like this signing as we needed another pass rushing DT, and the cost is minimal. I do get that work ethic and attitude were issues when he came into the league. You could see he wasn't taking things seriously in Arizona.

But being on the outside looking in can make a person see themselves in a new light. Will that light turn on for him with us? Hard to say. But I could see him feeling this is his last shot to make it in this league. The word is he is in excellent shape so his attitude and work ethic could be a lot better! I hope it works as the talent was there at one time.