Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seahawks newest reclamation project: Robert Nkemdiche

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • https://mobile.twitter.com/MySportsUpda ... 87202?s=19
    NFL Update

@MySportsUpdate

The #Seahawks just made an intriguing signing, agreeing to terms with former #Cardinals first-round DT Robert Nkemdiche.

12:16 PM · Apr 29, 2021·TweetDeck

There's a name I havnt heard in a while. An all-world HS recruit at one point
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• He could be as impactful as Donald if his head is on straight, but that and conditioning has been the issue. Maybe some humble pie has helped. 27 Games since what 2016 played and 26 years old, he has a lot left if Pete can push the right buttons. Dunbar, Aldon Smith, Nkemdiche, plus our carry overs and then Hyder, the D line on paper looks disruptive and full of pass rush.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:He could be as impactful as Donald if his head is on straight, but that and conditioning has been the issue. Maybe some humble pie has helped. 27 Games since what 2016 played and 26 years old, he has a lot left if Pete can push the right buttons. Dunbar, Aldon Smith, Nkemdiche, plus our carry overs and then Hyder, the D line on paper looks disruptive and full of pass rush.

I was going to post almost the exact same thing Chris. I Love this signing as IMHO, he can be "Aron Donald Lite."

But he's not a "football player," doesn't love the game, just where it can get him. He's one of the most ripped DL there ever was, but the reason he lasted until #29 was his head. "I'm going to buy a Panther as soon as I'm drafted."

I actually smiled when AZ drafted him because I felt it was a wasted pick. But like you say, maybe losing the NFL for a year plus has motivated him to be a great player...at least until he can get another big contract..preferably with a someone else.
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• chris98251 wrote:He could be as impactful as Donald if his head is on straight, but that and conditioning has been the issue. Maybe some humble pie has helped. 27 Games since what 2016 played and 26 years old, he has a lot left if Pete can push the right buttons. Dunbar, Aldon Smith, Nkemdiche, plus our carry overs and then Hyder, the D line on paper looks disruptive and full of pass rush.
    Another Dion Jordanish type?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:He could be as impactful as Donald if his head is on straight, but that and conditioning has been the issue. Maybe some humble pie has helped. 27 Games since what 2016 played and 26 years old, he has a lot left if Pete can push the right buttons. Dunbar, Aldon Smith, Nkemdiche, plus our carry overs and then Hyder, the D line on paper looks disruptive and full of pass rush.
    Another Dion Jordanish type?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

I nad thought Dion Jordan's issues were injuries and staying healthy, first and foremost, but admittedly didn't follow his story all that closely. I just know that when Dion Jordan was healthy and in the lineup his impact was very noticeable in the pass rush. So he was a head case too?
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

• https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/313 ... nsive-line

A source told ESPN's Ed Werder that Nkemdiche wanted another chance to play in the NFL and "crushed" a workout with Seattle. The source told Werder that Nkemdiche's signing is unrelated to Aldon Smith's recent arrest.

At least he seems to be in shape.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• The Cardinal fans are laughing right now, but maybe he can turn it around.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• pittpnthrs wrote:The Cardinal fans are laughing right now, but maybe he can turn it around.

Eh, we're not the ones who used a first rounder on him.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Rat wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:The Cardinal fans are laughing right now, but maybe he can turn it around.

Maybe the Cards will sign McDowell in revenge.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

• iigakusei wrote:
    Rat wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:The Cardinal fans are laughing right now, but maybe he can turn it around.

Maybe the Cards will sign McDowell in revenge.

That would show us! 8)
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• This is a small bet on a longshot that has run a few good times in the past. Could pay off handsomely, but still a longshot.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

• These are the things you have to do when your draft capital is low. Let's hope for a home run.
    A_Biased_Fan
    NET Practice Squad

• A_Biased_Fan wrote:These are the things you have to do when your draft capital is low. Let's hope for a home run.

We had picks last year and still signed Warmack, Ogbuhei, and Gordon. I think our guys just like these kind of low-risk gambles.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• The Hawks have been the recycling center for the NFL for 10 years . :D
    xray
    NET Veteran

• xray wrote:The Hawks have been the recycling center for the NFL for 10 years . :D

True, but Al Davis built teams that way that won Championships, Pete has some of that influence in him.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Never dismiss Seahawk DT acquisitions and never dismiss how incompetent the other NFL teams are.
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

• Appyhawk wrote:This is a small bet on a longshot that has run a few good times in the past. Could pay off handsomely, but still a longshot.

I wouldn’t put a pre draft acquisition in the long shot category especially when half the teams are not in a flexible cap situation. Zero risk situation!
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

• Reclamation projects are great. You get the talent for lower cost and sometimes get a great player that just did not fit the system.

But usually, you want character concerns, not work-ethic concerns.

Attitude and work ethic concerns usually do not work out. Unless the work ethic was misrepresented this has a very low % success rate tied to it.

Fingers crossed but the chances this works for us is miniscule.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• I actually like this signing as we needed another pass rushing DT, and the cost is minimal. I do get that work ethic and attitude were issues when he came into the league. You could see he wasn't taking things seriously in Arizona.

But being on the outside looking in can make a person see themselves in a new light. Will that light turn on for him with us? Hard to say. But I could see him feeling this is his last shot to make it in this league. The word is he is in excellent shape so his attitude and work ethic could be a lot better! I hope it works as the talent was there at one time.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• It would be nice if we didn't opt out of OTA's. At least we could get a look at him.
    PlinytheCenter
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• How many former 1st round pick has Pete signed over the years, he loves talent. I like the move because it's a huge positional need and there's really no downside but i can't remember any of these former 1st round bust having much impact.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• Good low risk, potential solid reward at a position of need. Potential good add to the DT rotation.
    Frozenropers
    NET Veteran

• TwistedHusky wrote:Reclamation projects are great. You get the talent for lower cost and sometimes get a great player that just did not fit the system.

But usually, you want character concerns, not work-ethic concerns.

Attitude and work ethic concerns usually do not work out. Unless the work ethic was misrepresented this has a very low % success rate tied to it.

Fingers crossed but the chances this works for us is miniscule.

Very true, but we only need one to really jump thru that hoop and surprise us all! I will give PC a pass on trying to find that gem! It's not like we have a lot of picks this draft. Just think of him as an older UDFA. That's how I see it.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• I agree with the sentiment this could be a low risk high reward signing or alternatively he could be just a camp body and not worth a roster spot.

Interesting addition though. He was the 29th pick in the 1st round the year he was drafted by the Cardinals and was a player I'd bet the team had some real interest in adding. He is a very physically talented player.

Sure hope Nkemdiche has matured a bit and will be excited to play football again because his early track record as a pro was he was not very motivated to play football and was more interested in partying and spending his signing bonus. His last year out of football may have caused him to reflect upon the direction of his life and to make a genuine effort at coming back to mother football. Time will tell.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

It is currently Sat May 08, 2021 5:57 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information