Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2021 Draft Round 4 Pick 137 Tre Brown CB Oklahoma

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • RockinHawks wrote:He was only rated lower because of his height. He's a lockdown corner with good hands and great instincts...everything we lacked with Griffen. I like it. Not much of a project...he's polished.

The last lanky CB who has worked out was #25. Aside from that drafting for measurables has not produced. Glad they went for a guy who can already play the position and has proven talent, rather than one of PC's "projects", all who have ultimately failed.
    HawkerD
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• HawkerD wrote:
    RockinHawks wrote:He was only rated lower because of his height. He's a lockdown corner with good hands and great instincts...everything we lacked with Griffen. I like it. Not much of a project...he's polished.

The last lanky CB who has worked out was #25. Aside from that drafting for measurables has not produced. Glad they went for a guy who can already play the position and has proven talent, rather than one of PC's "projects", all who have ultimately failed.

^Couldn't agree more.^
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

• Brown is speedy and a good ball hawk. I love that. Think Reed's CB performance changed minds in the FO?
    Pete got his project guy in the UDFA pool.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

• Appyhawk wrote:Brown is speedy and a good ball hawk. I love that. Think Reed's CB performance changed minds in the FO?

Pete said in the press conference that wasn’t the case & he’s had small CB’s before. Pete said Reed probably will do at CB what RW did at QB, open the minds of other teams in the league! Pete said it could be weird having 2 small CB’s starting at both sides but oh well, at least that’s what I interpreted from Pete.

If you think about it the media constantly gets things wrong with Seattle! With a strong D Line you don’t have to have the best CB’s, a team can get by if it’s CB’s are physical and can tackle. Recently our D Line hasn’t been very good and our CB’s were exploited, we could have drafted a lengthy physical CB in round 2 and Seattle did interview Asante Samuel jr who was picked at #47 by Carroll protégée Robert Saleh who also drafted 6”3 CB Witherspoon.

It looks like we’ve been misinformed again & brainwashed into believing we know Pete’s criteria for CB. Both Carroll & Saleh acquire Reed, Witherspoon & Sherman, both interview (I assume) Asante Samuel jr one acquires Samuel, both draft small outside CB’s in the same draft.
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

• FresnoHawk68 wrote:
    Appyhawk wrote:Brown is speedy and a good ball hawk. I love that. Think Reed's CB performance changed minds in the FO?

Pete said in the press conference that wasn’t the case & he’s had small CB’s before. Pete said Reed probably will do at CB what RW did at QB, open the minds of other teams in the league! Pete said it could be weird having 2 small CB’s starting at both sides but oh well, at least that’s what I interpreted from Pete.

If you think about it the media constantly gets things wrong with Seattle! With a strong D Line you don’t have to have the best CB’s, a team can get by if it’s CB’s are physical and can tackle. Recently our D Line hasn’t been very good and our CB’s were exploited, we could have drafted a lengthy physical CB in round 2 and Seattle did interview Asante Samuel jr who was picked at #47 by Carroll protégée Robert Saleh who also drafted 6”3 CB Witherspoon.

It looks like we’ve been misinformed again & brainwashed into believing we know Pete’s criteria for CB. Both Carroll & Saleh acquire Reed, Witherspoon & Sherman, both interview (I assume) Asante Samuel jr one acquires Samuel, both draft small outside CB’s in the same draft.

The criteria is corroborated by a decade of data establishing an archetype. Seattle had never once selected a boundary corner with arms under 32 inches. Couple that with the admission from PC/JS that they're adapting their criteria, and it's pretty clear that they've always had a type and that they're changing things up.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Windows for Dummies.

You have long CB's, to counter you put smaller quick WR in the game that run great routes and are fast as well, nullifies the size factor if they are not in the play because they got beat.

We have been seeing that trend, going away from the Big receiver that has great hands and fast to smaller quick and fast guys.

Yes some teams still have a Julio Jones but more are going with not tiny but smaller types to counter the Richard Sherman wave of CB's

We have both types of receivers now in Swain and Metcalf and Lockett and several others including our draft pick.

Tre Brown is a physical press kind of player, still not sold on him being a edge corner, but definitely a slot guy.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Maelstrom787 wrote:
    FresnoHawk68 wrote:
    Appyhawk wrote:Brown is speedy and a good ball hawk. I love that. Think Reed's CB performance changed minds in the FO?

The criteria is corroborated by a decade of data establishing an archetype. Seattle had never once selected a boundary corner with arms under 32 inches. Couple that with the admission from PC/JS that they're adapting their criteria, and it's pretty clear that they've always had a type and that they're changing things up.

Again Pete said multiple times he has used shorter CB’s in the NFL and Schneider indicated if the draft is giving you it you take it. Pete basically said Reed will open the NFL’s eyes not his which are already open, Pete said this the other day to clarify his statement last season about Reed.
    Believe what you want to believe and I will believe what I want to believe, Pete’s the one giving confusing info.

On a side note I am suspicious that Pete & John are purposely throwing the media under the bus. As long as they win I don’t care what they do.
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

• FresnoHawk68 wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:
    FresnoHawk68 wrote:

Again Pete said multiple times he has used shorter CB’s in the NFL and Schneider indicated if the draft is giving you it you take it. Pete basically said Reed will open the NFL’s eyes not his which are already open, Pete said this the other day to clarify his statement last season about Reed.
    Believe what you want to believe and I will believe what I want to believe, Pete’s the one giving confusing info.

On a side note I am suspicious that Pete & John are purposely throwing the media under the bus. As long as they win I don’t care what they do.

This isn't a matter of belief, it's a matter of fact.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Eskridge mentioning Tre Brown in a Senior Bowl interview.
    Own The West
    NET Veteran

• Maelstrom787 wrote:Pete confirms Tre is being looked at as an outside corner first. JS says he'd be a top-10 pick if 6'2".
    If only we could transfuse his skill and instinct into Tre Flower's body? May be it takes two Tres?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• Own The West wrote:Eskridge mentioning Tre Brown in a Senior Bowl interview.

If Iron sharpens Iron, it will help both Brown and D'Wayne
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Tre Brown looks pretty sticky to me. A few PBUs and a couple picks. Sure, he did get beat by a taller receiver, but looking at our division, who's a tall and scary receiver? The only one might be on our team.

hoxrox
    NET Veteran

• hoxrox wrote:Tre Brown looks pretty sticky to me. A few PBUs and a couple picks. Sure, he did get beat by a taller receiver, but looking at our division, who's a tall and scary receiver? The only one might be on our team.

DeAndre Hopkins is the best receiver in the division by a mile. He may only be 6'1 but plays bigger than that.
    And I love DK, and he'll eventually surpass Hopkins, but he's not there yet.

I'm not saying Brown will be asked to play on an island vs Hopkins, I was just simply answering the above question.

I'm more curious to see if Brown can stick to Cooper Cupp. He's a tough matchup and gives most corners troubles with his quickness.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Maelstrom787 wrote:
    FresnoHawk68 wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:
    FresnoHawk68 wrote:

This isn't a matter of belief, it's a matter of fact.

I see it as Pete adjusting, which so many say he simply cannot do.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

• Jerhawk wrote:
    DeAndre Hopkins is the best receiver in the division by a mile. He may only be 6'1 but plays bigger than that.

I'm not saying Brown will be asked to play on an island vs Hopkins, I was just simply answering the above question.

I'm more curious to see if Brown can stick to Cooper Cupp. He's a tough matchup and gives most corners troubles with his quickness.

Yea Hopkins is very good, but I don't think he's scary good. Had like 10 receptions for 100 yards in the first game against us, and like 5 receptions and 50 yards in the second game once the defense started playing better. (And we had a better game plan for Murray)

Brown vs Cooper Cupp? Can't wait to find out.
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

• hoxrox wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:

Yea Hopkins is very good, but I don't think he's scary good. Had like 10 receptions for 100 yards in the first game against us, and like 5 receptions and 50 yards in the second game once the defense started playing better. (And we had a better game plan for Murray)

Good points.
    And I forgot to mention Brandon Aiyuk. That kid has potential to be special, and with Trey Lance who knows how potent that connection can be.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Jerhawk wrote:
    hoxrox wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:

Good points.
    And I forgot to mention Brandon Aiyuk. That kid has potential to be special, and with Trey Lance who knows how potent that connection can be.

I think Trey Lance will be like Cam Newton, but with more upside, which could make him very dangerous. He may still struggle with accuracy however, which could lead to many picks and incompletions at the next level.
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

• hoxrox wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:
    hoxrox wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:

Good points.

I think Trey Lance will be like Cam Newton, but with more upside, which could make him very dangerous. He may still struggle with accuracy however, which could lead to many picks and incompletions at the next level.

Colin K-esque? If so, I look forward to the contributions he'll make to our defense. :2thumbs:
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Kid is like glue. He needs to improve his technique, I doubt he starts this year, but he has the physical traits. 2 of the catches were perfectly thrown balls to taller receivers, and he got his hands on several.

Why don't DBs wear jersey colored gloves? Seems like a no-brainer.
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• hoxrox wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:
    hoxrox wrote:
    Jerhawk wrote:

Good points.

Cam was unstoppable in the SEC. Lance is nothing like Cam, unless you are comparing him to vegan Cam.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• ivotuk wrote:Kid is like glue. He needs to improve his technique, I doubt he starts this year, but he has the physical traits. 2 of the catches were perfectly thrown balls to taller receivers, and he got his hands on several.

Why don't DBs wear jersey colored gloves? Seems like a no-brainer.

I've always wondered why they don't do that. OL as well. There must be a rule against it because we constantly see teams pushing or going beyond the boundary of fair play to get an advantage, so I cant see how not one person in the league does this.
    FattyKnuckle
    NET Rookie

Previous

It is currently Sat May 08, 2021 6:47 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information