Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2021 Draft Round 4 Pick 137 Tre Brown CB Oklahoma

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Tre Brown
    CB Oklahoma

5' 10"
    186 pounds
    3 interceptions in 2020

4.42 40
    38" vertical

Quote from draft network:
    "Playing in 51 career games at Oklahoma, Tre Brown has spent all of his career as an outside cornerback. Possessing an aggressive demeanor overall, he isn’t shy with wanting to mix things up at the line of scrimmage, but most notably in route stems. His grabby nature of wanting to hang onto matchups will need to be a coaching point that needs to be resolved."

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/tre-brown/QqIhgEEa6e

Last edited by Jerhawk on Sat May 01, 2021 1:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Speedy CB who locks down receivers. I'm okay with this. I would have loved Gowan or Wade...but I'll take it. They addressed a need. Bring it on!
    RockinHawks
    NET Veteran

• Right position. Looks like there were a lot of CBs more highly rated so looks like a reach but I don’t know enough to form an opinion yet.
    JayhawkMike
    NET Veteran

• I already got his nickname...

“Trade Down” Tre Brown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

• Super excited to hear why this was a horrible pick from the usual suspects even though he was the best CB still available in the draft.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• Getting quicker DB's to match up with quicker WR's...i like it!
    purpleworld
    NET Starter

• He was only rated lower because of his height. He's a lockdown corner with good hands and great instincts...everything we lacked with Griffen. I like it. Not much of a project...he's polished.
    RockinHawks
    NET Veteran

• JayhawkMike wrote:Right position. Looks like there were a lot of CBs more highly rated so looks like a reach but I don’t know enough to form an opinion yet.

Not an attack, but how can you say it looks like a reach and you don't know enough to form an opinion in the same sentence?
    AlciG
    NET Starter

• JayhawkMike wrote:Right position. Looks like there were a lot of CBs more highly rated so looks like a reach but I don’t know enough to form an opinion yet.

LOL. The very first comment on NFL network after the pick was announced was "This was my highest available corner so I love this pick here of Tre Brown".
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• Chapow wrote:
    JayhawkMike wrote:Right position. Looks like there were a lot of CBs more highly rated so looks like a reach but I don’t know enough to form an opinion yet.

LOL. The very first comment on NFL network after the pick was announced was "This was my highest available corner so I love this pick here of Tre Brown".

Exactly... I'm not a talent evaluator, but our FO is getting back to the SPEED element of how we built our Super Bowl team.

We needed depth for CB...get a great cover corner with speed and instincts. No downside here.
    RockinHawks
    NET Veteran

• Chapow wrote:Super excited to hear why this was a horrible pick from the usual suspects even though he was the best CB still available in the draft.

Super excited to hear how every pick was perfect and we need to shut up and trust JS and PC and how no one can have an opinion for several years. Oh yeah, he was not the best CB still available according to unbiased evaluators.

That being said Big12 CBs are usually well tested and he could be good. But the knee jerk “don’t criticize a pick” nitwits are worse than the critics.
    JayhawkMike
    NET Veteran

• We didn't press receivers last year. Gave them way to much space over and over again

So just reading his style - liking it

Reading his height - not awesome, but hopefully he is good at jumping :)
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

The guy on the NFL network said he was his highest rated CB going into round 4.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• Slot guy and special teams, has a lot of grabbing penalties which will be flagged even more in the NFL on downfield coverage. He could play FS as well has the speed and physicality.

Plays well in the Box area and making receivers fight for release however. Good burst and close.

Will need coaching on technique with his hands for sure.
    Last edited by chris98251 on Sat May 01, 2021 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• JayhawkMike wrote:
    Chapow wrote:Super excited to hear why this was a horrible pick from the usual suspects even though he was the best CB still available in the draft.

Super excited to hear how every pick was perfect and we need to shut up and trust JS and PC and how no one can have an opinion for several years. Oh yeah, he was not the best CB still available according to unbiased evaluators.

That being said Big12 CBs are usually well tested and he could be good. But the knee jerk “don’t criticize a pick” nitwits are worse than the critics.

Cmon man just take your L on this one. You literally said he's a reach and then in the same sentence said you don't know much about any of the cbs left.
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• Here's some of the drills from the Senior Bowl (you'll find Tre Brown spread out through the clip); size is a factor, but he's got speed and does look for the ball (one of the few interceptions during the drills).

Also shows off Dee Eskridge's speed near the end of the clip against some of these corners.
    FortWorthSeahawk
    USAF BadAss

• Reminds me of DJ Reed and also is a returner like Reed.

Both very competitive players
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

• Looks like a good pick to me. Short guy though; I guess there has been some evolution in what we desire in that position.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• i like the pick

But whoever above said he was the best available based on ranking is dead wrong.

There were at least 3 "ranked" ahead of him. But that also doesnt mean much either.
    balakoth
    NET Rookie

• According to the ESPN best available CB list there were 4 higher rated CBs available. Yes, one nfl network guy said he was best available. And? I haven’t formed my own opinion but looks like a reach when there are Several higher rated CBs. You guys seem either illiterate or dense.
    JayhawkMike
    NET Veteran

• Chapow wrote:Super excited to hear why this was a horrible pick from the usual suspects even though he was the best CB still available in the draft.

What's your analysis of it? I assume he's great and unequivocally the right pick simply because we selected him?
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• I'm fine with the pick. We needed another CB with speed. Also hear he looks for the ball, which isn't the case with many CB's.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• JayhawkMike wrote:
    Chapow wrote:Super excited to hear why this was a horrible pick from the usual suspects even though he was the best CB still available in the draft.

Again, the very first comment on NFL network after the pick was announced was "This was my highest available corner so I love this pick here of Tre Brown". That comment was made by Daniel Jeremiah.

"Daniel Jeremiah joined NFL Media as an analyst in 2012 following an eight-year career as an NFL scout for three clubs. Throughout the year, Jeremiah plays a vital role on various NFL Network programs such as NFL Total Access and Path to the Draft. In addition, he is the co-host of the Move the Sticks Podcast with Bucky Brooks. Prior to joining NFL Media, Jeremiah served for two years as the Philadelphia Eagles' college area scout for the West. Before that, he was a national scout for the Cleveland Browns and a west coast area scout for the Baltimore Ravens. Prior to working in the NFL, Jeremiah was a production assistant for ESPN's Sunday Night Football telecasts."

Pretty sure he would be considered an unbiased evaluator.

I've never said nobody should criticize a pick or that every pick is perfect, but you in particular seem to find a reason to dislike every single pick no matter what. They picked a CB that some unbiased evaluators thought was the best one still available. At the very least he was one of the best CB's still available. Even you thought they should take a CB. Yet for some reason you still found a reason to criticize the pick. I mean, they did exactly what you wanted them to do and you still didn't like it. It's just absurd and it's obvious you're never going to be happy no matter what they do.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• AlciG wrote:
    JayhawkMike wrote:Right position. Looks like there were a lot of CBs more highly rated so looks like a reach but I don’t know enough to form an opinion yet.

Not an attack, but how can you say it looks like a reach and you don't know enough to form an opinion in the same sentence?

It's almost like he's trying to push a specific agenda into every comment he makes.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• JayhawkMike wrote:According to the ESPN best available CB list there were 4 higher rated CBs available. Yes, one nfl network guy said he was best available. And? I haven’t formed my own opinion but looks like a reach when there are Several higher rated CBs. You guys seem either illiterate or dense.

No, you just have a tiring shtick that no one appreciates, and you put it on full display by both admitting you're clueless about the situation yet still declaring him to be a reach based on MEDIA BIG BOARDS, which is beyond laughable. Yeah, NFL teams definitely look at those, buddy.

A reach in the late fourth based on media big boards... my god, that's Facebook comment section material.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Everyone know idiots like McShay and Kiper have admitted to pushing guys up the board based on agents who have given them incentives. So using ESPN best of board, is a crapshoot at best.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• Rat wrote:

What's your analysis of it? I assume he's great and unequivocally the right pick simply because we selected him?

No. I have no idea if he's great and I don't think any specific late 4th round pick is unequivocally the right pick.

I think it was a good pick because CB was a position of need and we got one of the best ones that was still available according to "unbiased evaluators".

But on the other hand, I don't go into every draft determined to find a reason to criticize and dislike every single pick they make no matter what.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• I'm fine with the pick. I don't follow college football at all so I just have to rely on the analysts....but of all the positions on the field if Pete says a CB has the stuff he's looking for, I'm happy to trust him on that.
    Torc
    NET Rookie

• Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Tre already bringing the competitive fire and ticking off our opponents.

I like it.
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Ad Hawk wrote:Tre already bringing the competitive fire and ticking off our opponents.

I like it.

Check the date, friggin' 2014 from this kid.

Destiny.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Maelstrom787 wrote:
    Ad Hawk wrote:Tre already bringing the competitive fire and ticking off our opponents.

I like it.

Check the date, friggin' 2014 from this kid.

Destiny.

:shock:

I missed that.
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran

• What the CBS analyst had to say.
    56. Seahawks: D'Wayne Eskridge, WR, Central Michigan
    Grade: A-

Burner who can win from in the slot and hit home runs and runs angry after the catch. Like his route-running skill. Older prospect.

137. Seahawks, Tre Brown, CB, Oklahoma
    Grade: A

Super-feisty ready-to-go slot. Feet are lightning bolts and he loves battling. Will be an instant starter.
    TAB420
    NET Veteran

• For some odd reason, I feel better when we don’t have 1st round picks to squander away in comparison to now having a limited # of picks. Pro: I feel like JS and PC make good late round picks. Con: our first round selections leave you scratching your head.

I likely would’ve went o-line with our first pick but I’m happy with our choices this far.
    Elemas
    NET Veteran

• TAB420 wrote:What the CBS analyst had to say.
    56. Seahawks: D'Wayne Eskridge, WR, Central Michigan
    Grade: A-

Burner who can win from in the slot and hit home runs and runs angry after the catch. Like his route-running skill. Older prospect.

137. Seahawks, Tre Brown, CB, Oklahoma
    Grade: A

Super-feisty ready-to-go slot. Feet are lightning bolts and he loves battling. Will be an instant starter.

This is key right here.

With three picks everyone has to hit the 53-man roster.

If you asked any GM to pick a player that 100% starts in the NFL in the first three rounds I bet you they all could do it. However that isn't the same guy they draft. Some of those sure things have a lower upside so they gamble a bit because when it hits then it is totally worth it because you have 7 picks

When you have 3 picks your mindset has to change. Happy to see it did
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• seems like a smaller, faster guy who happens to be very tenacious... overall, this is a great pick
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran

• Better make friends with his DT's and DE's, he is feisty and aggressive almost Browner like but in a Earl Thomas body. Will be nice to see attitude, just listen to the guys and don't get stupid penalties. He is going to be in more then one confrontation once he gets on the field.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• The DJ Reed effect.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

• Pete confirms Tre is being looked at as an outside corner first. JS says he'd be a top-10 pick if 6'2".
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Maelstrom787 wrote:Pete confirms Tre is being looked at as an outside corner first. JS says he'd be a top-10 pick if 6'2".

Ironically then, he would have been a first round pick if it wasn't for the Seahawks.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• Like the pick. Definitely needed some help at the position. Dont know much about him, but hopefully he is starter material.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• Like RW he uses his size to his advantage and like RW he fell in the draft. Love his return ability on Special Teams and many are saying he’s a gunner. I like him better than any CB we’ve drafted in the Carroll era that includes Sherman because I didn’t see Sherman’s potential when he was drafted, was clueless to Sherman’s closing potential/catch up speed.
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

• Seanhawk wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:Pete confirms Tre is being looked at as an outside corner first. JS says he'd be a top-10 pick if 6'2".

Ironically then, he would have been a first round pick if it wasn't for the Seahawks.

LOL funny post and good point

Think the Vikings had a game as well where their short corner was burned multiple times and they intentionally went taller at CB after that
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• pittpnthrs wrote:Like the pick. Definitely needed some help at the position. Dont know much about him, but hopefully he is starter material.

:ditto: Agreed!
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• pittpnthrs wrote:Like the pick. Definitely needed some help at the position. Dont know much about him, but hopefully he is starter material.

After getting schooled by DK in first match up CB Witherspoon shut DK down in the second match up! We have a nice mix of big & small at WR & CB to deliver miss matches.

Ram WR TuTu Atwell is a stud! Rams WR’s are studs! SF WR’s Samuel & Aiyuk! Cardinals WR’s Moore, Kirk, Isabella! Tre Brown is the only CB who can Match up in Man against those guys so we need him bad. And he’s probably the only CB we have that can at least put a body on AZ’s Hopkins.
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

• Seanhawk wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:Pete confirms Tre is being looked at as an outside corner first. JS says he'd be a top-10 pick if 6'2".

Lol! Thank God we didn’t have a round 1!
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

• A complete dog, I approve. We have had a serious lack of dogs for a few years, only started bringing them back when we brought in Adams, now we got a corner who is really about it and with the $h!t, I LOVE IT!
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• FresnoHawk68 wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:

Lol! Thank God we didn’t have a round 1!

I think you missed the point.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• I dont see this hurting. At the very least with both draft picks we have kick returners and a punt returner so lockett can just focus on WR.

Not sure if he will start right away. I think they will roll out...
    Rcb Reed/Witherspoon
    Lcb Reed/Flowers
    Nickel Blair/Brown

I think amadi will now be fill in for any above failing so he can exclusively back up diggs which is what he is most suited for at FS. Honestly, from Browns highlights he seems like he covers the deep middle better than he plays outside corner. All his highlights from the clip in OP were intercepts and kick returns. I think he can play middle of the field pretty well and he tackles so...

We will see. I like the pick. Still could use another solid lineman if they move Lewis around.
    jamescasey1124
    NET Veteran

• FortWorthSeahawk wrote:

Here's some of the drills from the Senior Bowl (you'll find Tre Brown spread out through the clip); size is a factor, but he's got speed and does look for the ball (one of the few interceptions during the drills).

Also shows off Dee Eskridge's speed near the end of the clip against some of these corners.

LOVVVVVVE we snagged Cade Johnson as well..
    JPatera76
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Mon May 10, 2021 3:50 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information