Tre Brown
CB Oklahoma

5' 10"
186 pounds
3 interceptions in 2020

4.42 40
38" vertical

Quote from draft network:
"Playing in 51 career games at Oklahoma, Tre Brown has spent all of his career as an outside cornerback. Possessing an aggressive demeanor overall, he isn’t shy with wanting to mix things up at the line of scrimmage, but most notably in route stems. His grabby nature of wanting to hang onto matchups will need to be a coaching point that needs to be resolved."

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/tre-brown/QqIhgEEa6e

[youtube]IDwaPF2AW34[/youtube]

[youtube]9z5d-hKMqZ8[/youtube]

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Speedy CB who locks down receivers. I'm okay with this. I would have loved Gowan or Wade...but I'll take it. They addressed a need. Bring it on!

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Right position. Looks like there were a lot of CBs more highly rated so looks like a reach but I don’t know enough to form an opinion yet.

James in PA

Reaction score
I already got his nickname...

“Trade Down” Tre Brown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chapow

Reaction score
Super excited to hear why this was a horrible pick from the usual suspects even though he was the best CB still available in the draft.

purpleworld

Reaction score
Getting quicker DB's to match up with quicker WR's...i like it!

RockinHawks

Reaction score
He was only rated lower because of his height. He's a lockdown corner with good hands and great instincts...everything we lacked with Griffen. I like it. Not much of a project...he's polished.

AlciG

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":1u7w75in said:
Right position. Looks like there were a lot of CBs more highly rated so looks like a reach but I don’t know enough to form an opinion yet.

Not an attack, but how can you say it looks like a reach and you don't know enough to form an opinion in the same sentence?

Chapow

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":21hwu127 said:

LOL. The very first comment on NFL network after the pick was announced was "This was my highest available corner so I love this pick here of Tre Brown".

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Chapow":h8487qrd said:
JayhawkMike":h8487qrd said:

LOL. The very first comment on NFL network after the pick was announced was "This was my highest available corner so I love this pick here of Tre Brown".
Exactly... I'm not a talent evaluator, but our FO is getting back to the SPEED element of how we built our Super Bowl team.

We needed depth for CB...get a great cover corner with speed and instincts. No downside here.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Chapow":1orcvbty said:
Super excited to hear why this was a horrible pick from the usual suspects even though he was the best CB still available in the draft.

Super excited to hear how every pick was perfect and we need to shut up and trust JS and PC and how no one can have an opinion for several years. Oh yeah, he was not the best CB still available according to unbiased evaluators.

That being said Big12 CBs are usually well tested and he could be good. But the knee jerk “don’t criticize a pick” nitwits are worse than the critics.

mikeak

Reaction score
We didn't press receivers last year. Gave them way to much space over and over again

So just reading his style - liking it

Reading his height - not awesome, but hopefully he is good at jumping :)

CPHawk

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2nl9ge9e said:

The guy on the NFL network said he was his highest rated CB going into round 4.

chris98251

Reaction score
Slot guy and special teams, has a lot of grabbing penalties which will be flagged even more in the NFL on downfield coverage. He could play FS as well has the speed and physicality.

Plays well in the Box area and making receivers fight for release however. Good burst and close.

Will need coaching on technique with his hands for sure.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2f7sgxs2 said:
Chapow":2f7sgxs2 said:

Super excited to hear how every pick was perfect and we need to shut up and trust JS and PC and how no one can have an opinion for several years. Oh yeah, he was not the best CB still available according to unbiased evaluators.

That being said Big12 CBs are usually well tested and he could be good. But the knee jerk “don’t criticize a pick” nitwits are worse than the critics.

Cmon man just take your L on this one. You literally said he's a reach and then in the same sentence said you don't know much about any of the cbs left.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
[youtube]ghkYa07i8X4[/youtube]

Here's some of the drills from the Senior Bowl (you'll find Tre Brown spread out through the clip); size is a factor, but he's got speed and does look for the ball (one of the few interceptions during the drills).

Also shows off Dee Eskridge's speed near the end of the clip against some of these corners.

seabowl

Reaction score
Reminds me of DJ Reed and also is a returner like Reed.

Both very competitive players

Rat

Reaction score
Looks like a good pick to me. Short guy though; I guess there has been some evolution in what we desire in that position.

balakoth

Reaction score
i like the pick

But whoever above said he was the best available based on ranking is dead wrong.

There were at least 3 "ranked" ahead of him. But that also doesnt mean much either.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
According to the ESPN best available CB list there were 4 higher rated CBs available. Yes, one nfl network guy said he was best available. And? I haven’t formed my own opinion but looks like a reach when there are Several higher rated CBs. You guys seem either illiterate or dense.