Draft assessment

Ruminator

Reaction score
For having just three picks, Seattle did pretty much what they needed to, and all three guys have the potential to really shine -- at least in time. No quarrel from me.

James in PA

Reaction score
With so few picks, there is no room for error for sure. Don’t get me wrong, I’d rather have more picks, but I kind of like that they are forced into being extra diligent. These 3 guys all seem really solid.

I’d rather go 3 for 3 than 2 for 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Natethegreat

Reaction score
For the picks they had I think they did well. I'm excited for Eskridge.

toffee

Reaction score
This is dot net so where are the negative nancies? Picks sux-fire John- fire Pete?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I give them a B+.

Eskridge will be a hall of famer.
Brown looks solid.
Stone Cold looks good. A project player

Hopefully they get some good UDFA

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
They drafted for the future instead of the here and now.

Give them a D

Natethegreat

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":37xo0im4 said:

Give them a D
To me Eskridge and Tre Brown where picks for this year. Stone Forsythe is a future pick and a good one at that for the round they acquired him in. They needed to be thinking ahead at tackle.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Natethegreat":1rqyqchr said:
pittpnthrs":1rqyqchr said:

Give them a D
To me Eskridge and Tre Brown where picks for this year. Stone Forsythe is a future pick and a good one at that for the round they acquired him in. They needed to be thinking ahead at tackle.

I dont think Eskridge will have any impact. I'm hopeful for Brown, but that could go pear shaped really quick too.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
B+.

Would've been a solid B, but getting Forsythe at 208 and nailing UDFA brings it up to an B+. Great use of the capital they had.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Maelstrom787":2jo02k2a said:
B+.

Would've been a solid B, but getting Forsythe at 208 and nailing UDFA brings it up to an B+. Great use of the capital they had.
"...and nailing UDFA..." makes it sound like they already did their UDFA thing. Who did they nail? I thought UDFA would go on for most of the upcoming week, or at least a few days after today.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Appyhawk":2h6tu422 said:
Maelstrom787":2h6tu422 said:
B+.

"...and nailing UDFA..." makes it sound like they already did their UDFA thing. Who did they nail? I thought UDFA would go on for most of the upcoming week, or at least a few days after today.

The top UDFA's are generally accounted for within an hour or two after the last pick.

Cade Johnson, Tamorrion Terry, Jared Hocker, Connor Wedington, and Jake Curhan are a few draftable prospects they've secured.

Chapow

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1130o1a0 said:

Give them a D

Were you expecting them to be able to get guys that would be starters from day 1 in the 4th and 6th rounds?

Fade

Reaction score
Given the few picks they had I wasn't expecting much.

I thought we were looking at an overdrafted SEC O-Lineman in the 2nd, project WR in the 4th, and an oddball pick in the 6th that makes no sense like drafting another Linebacker.

They exceeded my expectations and they had their best draft since 2015, imo.

Eskridge - A
Tre Brown - B+
Stone Foresythe - A+ (This would've been their 2nd round pick in years past.)

All three of these guys can start in the upcoming season, with the caveat I would like to see Stone Foresythe spend a year in an NFL weightroom before throwing him out there, but he could contribute in year 1 regardless.

niveky

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2rtnfmyz said:
Natethegreat":2rtnfmyz said:
pittpnthrs":2rtnfmyz said:

Give them a D

I dont think Eskridge will have any impact. I'm hopeful for Brown, but that could go pear shaped really quick too.

If he can separate himself from everyone else after Lockett and DK(which I don't think should be too hard since none of them were a threat to Moore at all it seemed)..with the OC change, if Eskridge can come out and outperform those wr's that have just been sitting there in the wings the last couple of years then I think that he will be a big part of the offensive game plan as the year goes along. This isn't to say that he will be getting the ball all the time but I feel like they will have him in plenty of positions to get the ball and really be that quick outlet/bail out guy when the top options can't get open or whatever and/or pressure is coming in fast.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I like that all 3 picks checked off a need. This year none of that “why did the draft thst guy when they already had (insert names) at that position

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Chapow":2hcftk7i said:
pittpnthrs":2hcftk7i said:

Give them a D

Were you expecting them to be able to get guys that would be starters from day 1 in the 4th and 6th rounds?

I was expecting more than a #3 WR that will probably net them around 300 yards receiving and 4 or less TDs for the season (could have gotten that in free agency). If he does become a stud like so many on here are convinced of, it'll take 3 or 4 years for it to happen. I like Brown, but CB should have been addressed with the first pick for better talent if it was going to be wasted on a WR. Forsythe is a project that will take years to develop.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":boy9xgyt said:
Chapow":boy9xgyt said:
pittpnthrs":boy9xgyt said:

Give them a D

I was expecting more than a #3 WR that will probably net them around 300 yards receiving and 4 or less TDs for the season (could have gotten that in free agency). If he does become a stud like so many on here are convinced of, it'll take 3 or 4 years for it to happen. I like Brown, but CB should have been addressed with the first pick for better talent if it was going to be wasted on a WR. Forsythe is a project that will take years to develop.

Okay. Point out the ready-to-start awesome boundary cornerback that was sitting there in the second.

If you're gonna criticize, be prepared to give specifics on who exactly was there that matches the description of what you're saying they should've taken.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":19j9j409 said:
pittpnthrs":19j9j409 said:
Chapow":19j9j409 said:
pittpnthrs":19j9j409 said:

Give them a D

Okay. Point out the ready-to-start awesome boundary cornerback that was sitting there in the second.

If you're gonna criticize, be prepared to give specifics on who exactly was there that matches the description of what you're saying they should've taken.

Aaron Robinson was available out of UFC and he will start. I also really liked Nashon Wright from Oregon State. A 6'4" corner,,,,come on.

hoxrox

Reaction score
RD 1 via trade – Jamal Adams. C+. He must be a game wrecker like he was @ ATL almost every game to be worth the draft capital given up.

RD 2- Dwayne Eskridge. A. Quality WR depth was needed. Versatile player with homerun potential. Defenses that want to double DK, can be made to pay.

RD 3 via trade – Jamal Adams. C+

RD 4 – Tre Brown. B. Another position of need. If he ends up starting over Tre Flowers, this could be a great pick.

RD 5 via trade – Gabe Jackson. A. Filled a much-needed hole on the roster.

RD 6 – Stone Forsythe. A. Draft steal with very good potential if properly developed.

RD 7 via trade – Carlos Dunlap. A. Impact player who addresses another big need.

UDFA – A. Seems like some good steals. And some needed O-line depth.

Overall B+ grade. The roster is filling out nicely, and they're not done yet. Still need some upgrades at center and running back.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
hoxrox":2aksov88 said:
RD 1 via trade – Jamal Adams. C+. He must be a game wrecker like he was @ ATL almost every game to be worth the draft capital given up.

RD 2- Dwayne Eskridge. A. Quality WR depth was needed. Versatile player with homerun potential. Defenses that want to double DK, can be made to pay.

RD 3 via trade – Jamal Adams. C+

RD 4 – Tre Brown. B. Another position of need. If he ends up starting over Tre Flowers, this could be a great pick.

RD 5 via trade – Gabe Jackson. A. Filled a much-needed hole on the roster.

RD 6 – Stone Forsythe. A. Draft steal with very good potential if properly developed.

RD 7 via trade – Carlos Dunlap. A. Impact player who addresses another big need.

UDFA – A. Seems like some good steals. And some needed O-line depth.

Overall B+ grade. The roster is filling out nicely, and they're not done yet. Still need some upgrades at center and running back.

Thanks for posting this! The draft is more about the use of draft capital than actual picks on draft day. Going into this draft, the Seahawks had 3 picks. I thought for sure based on PC/JS draft history that they would somehow someway end up with more. From your list we can clearly see that with only 3 actual picks to use during the draft, they wheeled and sealed the 2021 draft capital into 3 frontline starters in Adams, Jackson and Dunlap while also adding some serious potential playmakers in Eskridge and Brown. They also added a project OT in Forsythe. In what was a perceived disadvantage of a limited number of picks going in, this team maximized the potential of as many of their picks as possible.

Out of 7 potential picks (based on 7 rounds), they have strong for sure no debate very possible 2021 probowler hits on 3 of 7 of them. That boys and girls is how you manipulate the draft to your best advantage! :irishdrinkers: