Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Draft assessment

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Draft assessment
Sat May 01, 2021 1:46 pm
  • For having just three picks, Seattle did pretty much what they needed to, and all three guys have the potential to really shine -- at least in time. No quarrel from me.
    Ruminator
    NET Veteran

Draft assessment
Sat May 01, 2021 2:08 pm
  • With so few picks, there is no room for error for sure. Don’t get me wrong, I’d rather have more picks, but I kind of like that they are forced into being extra diligent. These 3 guys all seem really solid.

I’d rather go 3 for 3 than 2 for 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Re: Draft assessment
Sat May 01, 2021 3:41 pm
  • For the picks they had I think they did well. I'm excited for Eskridge.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Sat May 01, 2021 3:43 pm
  • This is dot net so where are the negative nancies? Picks sux-fire John- fire Pete?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Sat May 01, 2021 3:46 pm
  • I give them a B+.

Eskridge will be a hall of famer.
    Brown looks solid.
    Stone Cold looks good. A project player

Hopefully they get some good UDFA
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat May 01, 2021 3:58 pm
  • They drafted for the future instead of the here and now.

Give them a D
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Sat May 01, 2021 4:58 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:They drafted for the future instead of the here and now.

Give them a D

To me Eskridge and Tre Brown where picks for this year. Stone Forsythe is a future pick and a good one at that for the round they acquired him in. They needed to be thinking ahead at tackle.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Sat May 01, 2021 5:35 pm
  • Natethegreat wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:They drafted for the future instead of the here and now.

Give them a D

To me Eskridge and Tre Brown where picks for this year. Stone Forsythe is a future pick and a good one at that for the round they acquired him in. They needed to be thinking ahead at tackle.

I dont think Eskridge will have any impact. I'm hopeful for Brown, but that could go pear shaped really quick too.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Sat May 01, 2021 5:41 pm
  • B+.

Would've been a solid B, but getting Forsythe at 208 and nailing UDFA brings it up to an B+. Great use of the capital they had.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Sat May 01, 2021 5:51 pm
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:B+.

Would've been a solid B, but getting Forsythe at 208 and nailing UDFA brings it up to an B+. Great use of the capital they had.

"...and nailing UDFA..." makes it sound like they already did their UDFA thing. Who did they nail? I thought UDFA would go on for most of the upcoming week, or at least a few days after today.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Sat May 01, 2021 6:36 pm
  • Appyhawk wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:B+.

"...and nailing UDFA..." makes it sound like they already did their UDFA thing. Who did they nail? I thought UDFA would go on for most of the upcoming week, or at least a few days after today.

The top UDFA's are generally accounted for within an hour or two after the last pick.

Cade Johnson, Tamorrion Terry, Jared Hocker, Connor Wedington, and Jake Curhan are a few draftable prospects they've secured.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Sat May 01, 2021 6:52 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:They drafted for the future instead of the here and now.

Give them a D

Were you expecting them to be able to get guys that would be starters from day 1 in the 4th and 6th rounds?
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Sat May 01, 2021 7:17 pm
  • Given the few picks they had I wasn't expecting much.

I thought we were looking at an overdrafted SEC O-Lineman in the 2nd, project WR in the 4th, and an oddball pick in the 6th that makes no sense like drafting another Linebacker.

They exceeded my expectations and they had their best draft since 2015, imo.

Eskridge - A
    Tre Brown - B+
    Stone Foresythe - A+ (This would've been their 2nd round pick in years past.)

All three of these guys can start in the upcoming season, with the caveat I would like to see Stone Foresythe spend a year in an NFL weightroom before throwing him out there, but he could contribute in year 1 regardless.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Sat May 01, 2021 7:50 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    Natethegreat wrote:

Give them a D

I dont think Eskridge will have any impact. I'm hopeful for Brown, but that could go pear shaped really quick too.

If he can separate himself from everyone else after Lockett and DK(which I don't think should be too hard since none of them were a threat to Moore at all it seemed)..with the OC change, if Eskridge can come out and outperform those wr's that have just been sitting there in the wings the last couple of years then I think that he will be a big part of the offensive game plan as the year goes along. This isn't to say that he will be getting the ball all the time but I feel like they will have him in plenty of positions to get the ball and really be that quick outlet/bail out guy when the top options can't get open or whatever and/or pressure is coming in fast.
    niveky
    NET Veteran

Sat May 01, 2021 7:58 pm
  • I like that all 3 picks checked off a need. This year none of that “why did the draft thst guy when they already had (insert names) at that position
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

Sun May 02, 2021 12:46 am
  • Chapow wrote:

Give them a D

Were you expecting them to be able to get guys that would be starters from day 1 in the 4th and 6th rounds?

I was expecting more than a #3 WR that will probably net them around 300 yards receiving and 4 or less TDs for the season (could have gotten that in free agency). If he does become a stud like so many on here are convinced of, it'll take 3 or 4 years for it to happen. I like Brown, but CB should have been addressed with the first pick for better talent if it was going to be wasted on a WR. Forsythe is a project that will take years to develop.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Sun May 02, 2021 12:58 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    Chapow wrote:

Give them a D

I was expecting more than a #3 WR that will probably net them around 300 yards receiving and 4 or less TDs for the season (could have gotten that in free agency). If he does become a stud like so many on here are convinced of, it'll take 3 or 4 years for it to happen. I like Brown, but CB should have been addressed with the first pick for better talent if it was going to be wasted on a WR. Forsythe is a project that will take years to develop.

Okay. Point out the ready-to-start awesome boundary cornerback that was sitting there in the second.

If you're gonna criticize, be prepared to give specifics on who exactly was there that matches the description of what you're saying they should've taken.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Sun May 02, 2021 2:46 am
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Chapow wrote:

Give them a D

Okay. Point out the ready-to-start awesome boundary cornerback that was sitting there in the second.

If you're gonna criticize, be prepared to give specifics on who exactly was there that matches the description of what you're saying they should've taken.

Aaron Robinson was available out of UFC and he will start. I also really liked Nashon Wright from Oregon State. A 6'4" corner,,,,come on.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Sun May 02, 2021 7:26 am
  • RD 1 via trade – Jamal Adams. C+. He must be a game wrecker like he was @ ATL almost every game to be worth the draft capital given up.

RD 2- Dwayne Eskridge. A. Quality WR depth was needed. Versatile player with homerun potential. Defenses that want to double DK, can be made to pay.

RD 3 via trade – Jamal Adams. C+

RD 4 – Tre Brown. B. Another position of need. If he ends up starting over Tre Flowers, this could be a great pick.

RD 5 via trade – Gabe Jackson. A. Filled a much-needed hole on the roster.

RD 6 – Stone Forsythe. A. Draft steal with very good potential if properly developed.

RD 7 via trade – Carlos Dunlap. A. Impact player who addresses another big need.

UDFA – A. Seems like some good steals. And some needed O-line depth.

Overall B+ grade. The roster is filling out nicely, and they're not done yet. Still need some upgrades at center and running back.
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

Sun May 02, 2021 9:00 am
  • hoxrox wrote:RD 1 via trade – Jamal Adams. C+. He must be a game wrecker like he was @ ATL almost every game to be worth the draft capital given up.

RD 2- Dwayne Eskridge. A. Quality WR depth was needed. Versatile player with homerun potential. Defenses that want to double DK, can be made to pay.

RD 3 via trade – Jamal Adams. C+

RD 4 – Tre Brown. B. Another position of need. If he ends up starting over Tre Flowers, this could be a great pick.

RD 5 via trade – Gabe Jackson. A. Filled a much-needed hole on the roster.

RD 6 – Stone Forsythe. A. Draft steal with very good potential if properly developed.

RD 7 via trade – Carlos Dunlap. A. Impact player who addresses another big need.

UDFA – A. Seems like some good steals. And some needed O-line depth.

Overall B+ grade. The roster is filling out nicely, and they're not done yet. Still need some upgrades at center and running back.

Thanks for posting this! The draft is more about the use of draft capital than actual picks on draft day. Going into this draft, the Seahawks had 3 picks. I thought for sure based on PC/JS draft history that they would somehow someway end up with more. From your list we can clearly see that with only 3 actual picks to use during the draft, they wheeled and sealed the 2021 draft capital into 3 frontline starters in Adams, Jackson and Dunlap while also adding some serious potential playmakers in Eskridge and Brown. They also added a project OT in Forsythe. In what was a perceived disadvantage of a limited number of picks going in, this team maximized the potential of as many of their picks as possible.

Out of 7 potential picks (based on 7 rounds), they have strong for sure no debate very possible 2021 probowler hits on 3 of 7 of them. That boys and girls is how you manipulate the draft to your best advantage! :irishdrinkers:
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Sun May 02, 2021 10:09 am
  • On the surface it looks to be a great draft and I applaud the Hawks for getting value...But I never get excited as Things just have to play out. with competition... we will see...

LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun May 02, 2021 10:40 am
  • Any draft grade at this point is meaningless as we haven’t seen any of the 3 players drafted play.

For the usual negative folks nothing the FO would do in the draft would be satisfactory to them. They’d downgrade any draft unless the team drafted each one of the players they thought fit the team

Seems to me though the team simply picked the BAP at each pick with the overlay of team need, and that they got value at each pick, which is always good.

It’s additionally tough to give the FO a grade for a draft where the team only picks 3 players.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Sun May 02, 2021 10:46 am
  • Fade wrote:Given the few picks they had I wasn't expecting much.

I thought we were looking at an overdrafted SEC O-Lineman in the 2nd, project WR in the 4th, and an oddball pick in the 6th that makes no sense like drafting another Linebacker.

They exceeded my expectations and they had their best draft since 2015, imo.

Eskridge - A
    Tre Brown - B+
    Stone Foresythe - A+ (This would've been their 2nd round pick in years past.)

All three of these guys can start in the upcoming season, with the caveat I would like to see Stone Foresythe spend a year in an NFL weightroom before throwing him out there, but he could contribute in year 1 regardless.

Other than trading down and missing out on players, I totally agree with everything here.
    nwHawk
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Sun May 02, 2021 10:53 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    Chapow wrote:

Give them a D

Do you realize that it typically takes 3 years for a WR is hit their stride? Golden Tate was viewed as a bust his first 2 years, and he turned out pretty good starting at year 3. There are numerous receivers that have followed the same path. If Eskridge is a HOF stud out of the gate, as you somehow expect, I'd be shocked. If he is a better returner and and more effective WR in his rookie year, no one should be bummed. He will only get better the coming years. DK and the whole team should benefit and that's a very good thing.
    nwHawk
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Sun May 02, 2021 11:12 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Chapow wrote:

Aaron Robinson was available out of UFC and he will start. I also really liked Nashon Wright from Oregon State. A 6'4" corner,,,,come on.

The Cowboys took him about 3 rounds before he was projected to go by most outlets, and I'm absolutely certain you'd be complaining about the "reach." If not, you're just being inconsistent.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Sun May 02, 2021 11:31 am
  • I was looking at this from Hoxrox's perspective as well but since we are swapping our first for the Jets 4th in 2022 as well I went to the pick calculator and figured what we gave up for Adams was the equivalent of the 11th pick in this years draft, so my breakdown would be:

RD 1 (Trade up to 11) - Jamal Adams.
    RD 2 (56) - D'Wayne Eskridge
    RD4 (137) - Tre Brown
    RD 5 (167) - Gabe Jackson
    RD 6 (208, SEA > MIA> CHI> SEA) - Stephen Sulivan and Stone Forsythe, we literally had this pick twice...
    RD 7 (235) - Carlos Dunlap

So an All-Pro, a Pro-bowler, a solid starter, a probable starter, two players that could see time in their first couple years, and project poached from the practice squad.

Not bad. I was going call it an A- just because I haven't seen a full-year of Adams ingrained in our system, but I'll bump it to an 'A' since from a pure draft standpoint, we got a proven commodity at the 11th pick that was drafted with the 6th pick.
    Own The West
    NET Veteran

Sun May 02, 2021 3:58 pm
  • c+

I was at a C- until they Picked Stone and his pass protection abilities. He is a project, but well worth the trade up.

You don't count UDFA's for draft grading. They weren't drafted by us.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Sun May 02, 2021 4:06 pm
  • According to an average of experts we had the 2nd WORST draft of everyone.

JayhawkMike
    NET Veteran

Sun May 02, 2021 4:08 pm
  • JayhawkMike wrote:According to an average of experts we had the 2nd WORST draft of everyone.

Who cares about what the sports media thinks? Their big boards are wildly inaccurate and their analysis is barely even surface level the vast majority of the time.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Sun May 02, 2021 4:42 pm
  • JayhawkMike wrote:According to an average of experts we had the 2nd WORST draft of everyone.

That translate to us doing really well.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Sun May 02, 2021 4:51 pm
  • nwHawk wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Chapow wrote:

Give them a D

Do you realize that it typically takes 3 years for a WR is hit their stride? Golden Tate was viewed as a bust his first 2 years, and he turned out pretty good starting at year 3. There are numerous receivers that have followed the same path. If Eskridge is a HOF stud out of the gate, as you somehow expect, I'd be shocked. If he is a better returner and and more effective WR in his rookie year, no one should be bummed. He will only get better the coming years. DK and the whole team should benefit and that's a very good thing.

Your missing the point. I dont care how good he can be in 3 or 4 years. I'm looking for players that can contribute now at areas of more importance. A #3 WR wasnt the area they should have been concentrating on.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Sun May 02, 2021 4:56 pm
  • nwHawk wrote:[Do you realize that it typically takes 3 years for a WR is hit their stride?

15 years ago called...
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Sun May 02, 2021 5:42 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    nwHawk wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Chapow wrote:

Your missing the point. I dont care how good he can be in 3 or 4 years. I'm looking for players that can contribute now at areas of more importance. A #3 WR wasnt the area they should have been concentrating on.

There's nothing at #3 but Freddie Swain. It's 2021. Receivers are absolutely vital, and there's a black hole there. To actually say it's not an important area is just beyond out-of-touch with the game.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Sun May 02, 2021 9:20 pm
  • Own The West wrote:I was looking at this from Hoxrox's perspective as well but since we are swapping our first for the Jets 4th in 2022 as well I went to the pick calculator and figured what we gave up for Adams was the equivalent of the 11th pick in this years draft, so my breakdown would be:

RD 1 (Trade up to 11) - Jamal Adams.
    RD 2 (56) - D'Wayne Eskridge
    RD4 (137) - Tre Brown
    RD 5 (167) - Gabe Jackson
    RD 6 (208, SEA > MIA> CHI> SEA) - Stephen Sulivan and Stone Forsythe, we literally had this pick twice...
    RD 7 (235) - Carlos Dunlap

So an All-Pro, a Pro-bowler, a solid starter, a probable starter, two players that could see time in their first couple years, and project poached from the practice squad.

Not bad. I was going call it an A- just because I haven't seen a full-year of Adams ingrained in our system, but I'll bump it to an 'A' since from a pure draft standpoint, we got a proven commodity at the 11th pick that was drafted with the 6th pick.

Yea the jury is still out on Jamal. I'm looking forward to what he can do while fully healthy and with more experience in this defense. But to justify the draft pick value, according to your pick calculator, he would have to contribute as much, if not more than what Earl did, since they were "drafted" in the same range. Their position, and style of play is different, but will he be a bigger impact player for Seattle than Earl was? Or even Kam? It's a very high bar.

Apparently Pete and John seem to think so, or they wouldn't have given up so much capital. They are trying to recreate the LOB 2.0 - build a defense with the swag, ferocity and tenacity that's been missing for years.
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

Sun May 02, 2021 9:29 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote: I'm looking for players that can contribute now at areas of more importance. A #3 WR wasnt the area they should have been concentrating on.

So remember when the passing attack basically collapsed during the second half of the season? Teams were shading their safeties deep on DK’s side. That left Lockett needing to beat his man, or find a cushion. If he couldn’t, Russ didn’t really have other passing options who could get open consistently… Moore? Dissly? Hollister? Apparently not.

And Russ isn’t really a check-down guy. So he would hesitate, and hold the ball until something opened, or he would take the sack.

Having a legit speed guy is not only going to open things up for the quick passing game underneath, but also add to the variety of plays that can be called. People complained about predictability, and about “long-developing plays” – well there should be more variety in the passing attack now. And Eskridge is not only a YAC guy, he can beat you over the top too.

I’m not saying he’s Tyreek Hill or anything, but WR3 was a pretty big need. And he seems like a pretty good fit.
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

Mon May 03, 2021 12:12 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    nwHawk wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Chapow wrote:

So you want a top 5 draft pick every year, even then they are not a guarantee. Then I guess we will hear complaining about losing since typically you are the bottom of the league getting those picks.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon May 03, 2021 5:39 am
  • hoxrox wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote: I'm looking for players that can contribute now at areas of more importance. A #3 WR wasnt the area they should have been concentrating on.

So remember when the passing attack basically collapsed during the second half of the season? Teams were shading their safeties deep on DK’s side. That left Lockett needing to beat his man, or find a cushion. If he couldn’t, Russ didn’t really have other passing options who could get open consistently… Moore? Dissly? Hollister? Apparently not.

And Russ isn’t really a check-down guy. So he would hesitate, and hold the ball until something opened, or he would take the sack.

Having a legit speed guy is not only going to open things up for the quick passing game underneath, but also add to the variety of plays that can be called. People complained about predictability, and about “long-developing plays” – well there should be more variety in the passing attack now. And Eskridge is not only a YAC guy, he can beat you over the top too.

I’m not saying he’s Tyreek Hill or anything, but WR3 was a pretty big need. And he seems like a pretty good fit.

I thought the great Waldron and his two TE sets with the awesome Everett pick up was supposed to take care of all of that.

The Seahawks could have drafted a crack dealer on a corner with their first pick and people on here would cheer and give them an A. I just dont feel a WR was as important as other positions and I feel Eskridge will have minimal if any impact. Only 3 picks is tough to deal with and people will start to realize how awful the Adams pick up was in a year or two when the lack of picks becomes a norm and his contract insanity begins. The FO has been pretty dismal for years now and continues to depress.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Mon May 03, 2021 6:38 am
  • Solid draft imo. 3 needs were addressed, added to the guys we have from the trades (Dunlap, Jackson and Adams)
    But, I figured a bunch of people would hate the draft. And actually buying anything the media says is laughable. Same old on here...........meh
    Nothing changes and the page just gets more boring and predictable. In addition to the blasting people for actually LIKING something the Hawks did. Oh the horror. Oh well, Go Hawks
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon May 03, 2021 6:48 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:I thought the great Waldron and his two TE sets with the awesome Everett pick up was supposed to take care of all of that.

The Seahawks could have drafted a crack dealer on a corner with their first pick and people on here would cheer and give them an A. I just dont feel a WR was as important as other positions and I feel Eskridge will have minimal if any impact. Only 3 picks is tough to deal with and people will start to realize how awful the Adams pick up was in a year or two when the lack of picks becomes a norm and his contract insanity begins. The FO has been pretty dismal for years now and continues to depress.

I wanted O-line too but there could be a number of reasons why the FO and their scouts didn't draft one in the second round. Maybe they wanted Dickerson. Maybe they thought Humphrey's arms were too short. Maybe they thought Meiners was too raw. For all we know, these guys could be John Moffitt 2.0. There's no guarantee they would step in year one, be instant starters, and be able to "stop Donald" More unlikely than not.

If you're depressed over football, then not sure what to tell you. It's really not that serious.
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

Mon May 03, 2021 7:31 am
  • hoxrox wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:I thought the great Waldron and his two TE sets with the awesome Everett pick up was supposed to take care of all of that.

I wanted O-line too but there could be a number of reasons why the FO and their scouts didn't draft one in the second round. Maybe they wanted Dickerson. Maybe they thought Humphrey's arms were too short. Maybe they thought Meiners was too raw. For all we know, these guys could be John Moffitt 2.0. There's no guarantee they would step in year one, be instant starters, and be able to "stop Donald" More unlikely than not.

If you're depressed over football, then not sure what to tell you. It's really not that serious.

Not depressed at all. Just pointing out the incompetence of the FO.

I wanted Dickerson before the draft too. He would have been nice. As for the others, if the FO found fault in them then they definitely should have taken one.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Mon May 03, 2021 8:06 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:But, I figured a bunch of people would hate the draft. And actually buying anything the media says is laughable. Same old on here...........meh
    Nothing changes and the page just gets more boring and predictable. In addition to the blasting people for actually LIKING something the Hawks did. Oh the horror. Oh well, Go Hawks

Irony is funny. Like 90% of your posts are some version of this exact thing. "Same old".
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Mon May 03, 2021 8:18 am
  • Then scroll on. Couldn't care less what you think of me. It's a message board, not life.
    Everything sucks, better? Thanks for the reminder for why I rarely come here these days. dot negative indeed.
    Kind of a bummer, because there are a lot of really good posters on here who like to talk football. A lot more than blasting anyone who has a positive opinion about the Hawks. And NO, that doesn't mean they are without fault. Every front office has their hits and misses.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon May 03, 2021 10:48 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    nwHawk wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Chapow wrote:

You may think that, but I didn't miss your point - I just disagree with your point. D'Wayne Eskridge will be better than David Moore, 2020 Freddie Swain or Penny Hart - this year. Undoubtedly he will improve over the next couple of years.

Any OL or CB that was drafted would have been in the same boat. No team can rely on a draft pick, especially after the 1st round, to enter the league and play as a high level veteran. It happens, but those guys are more rare than we want to admit.
    nwHawk
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Mon May 03, 2021 10:53 am
  • Hey hoxrox, love the avatar!
    nwHawk
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Mon May 03, 2021 11:17 am
  • nwHawk wrote:Hey hoxrox, love the avatar!

:2thumbs: All about that action, boss.
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

Mon May 03, 2021 11:39 am
  • My issue is with Eskridge.

This upcoming season, for as high as Seattle drafted him (second round) his production will not warrant his high selection.

The offense options is this:

1. Carson
    2. Wilson
    3. Metcalf
    4. Lockett
    5. Everett
    6. Eskridge/Swain

First and foremost, I think Eskridge is a nice player but his impact won’t be much this year as far as targets and receptions, yards goes. He is pretty low in the pecking order. He’ll also need to learn how to run routes. His collegiate Western Michigan tape he’ll need to learn the NFL game since defense are not what he is used too and he is not the route runner Lockett was coming out of Kansas State. His impact will be primarily on special teams cause he is on the bottom of the playmaker depth chart and may only see 5-6 targets a game and catch 3-4 balls a game.

Seattle has a need at wide receiver (third/fourth option) but Swain will be more trusted than Eskridge this year at receiver.

Hopefully, Eskridge can tilt the field consistently and contribute largely as the KR/PR on special teams cause he will almost certainly will not see many targets in games, think Seattle’s version of Tavon Austin but to use a second rounder on him a as quite questionable.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon May 03, 2021 11:48 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:
    Natethegreat wrote:

Give them a D

Lol at your signature bro.

Jerhawk, and I can’t understand why, seems to have this ultra high belief in Eskridge. He must be a relative of his or some sort.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon May 03, 2021 11:48 am
  • nwHawk wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    nwHawk wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:

You may think that, but I didn't miss your point - I just disagree with your point. D'Wayne Eskridge will be better than David Moore, 2020 Freddie Swain or Penny Hart - this year. Undoubtedly he will improve over the next couple of years.

Any OL or CB that was drafted would have been in the same boat. No team can rely on a draft pick, especially after the 1st round, to enter the league and play as a high level veteran. It happens, but those guys are more rare than we want to admit.

Eskridge wont be as good as Moore was last season and Swain and a free agent would be just fine at the most unimportant receiver position on the field. If Lockette or Metcalf go down, sure his numbers will see a rise by default, but until then, he'll be irrelevant. Cant change anything at this point so I hope i'm wrong.

I just cant believe that Russ asked for help upfront and Jackson is the only thing they did so far (well yes I can). Oh well. I'm sure B.J. Finney will be available.
    Last edited by pittpnthrs on Mon May 03, 2021 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Mon May 03, 2021 11:50 am
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:
    Natethegreat wrote:

Give them a D

Lol at your signature bro.

Jerhawk, and I can’t understand why, seems to have this ultra high belief in Eskridge. He must be a relative of his or some sort.

Oh i'm sure it was mostly sarcasm, but I thought it was funny. Jerhawk loves the guy for some reason.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Mon May 03, 2021 11:53 am
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:My issue is with Eskridge.

This upcoming season, for as high as Seattle drafted him (second round) his production will not warrant his high selection.

The offense options is this:

1. Carson
    2. Wilson
    3. Metcalf
    4. Lockett
    5. Everett
    6. Eskridge/Swain

First and foremost, I think Eskridge is a nice player but his impact won’t be much this year as far as targets and receptions, yards goes. He is pretty low in the pecking order. He’ll also need to learn how to run routes. His collegiate Western Michigan tape he’ll need to learn the NFL game since defense are not what he is used too and he is not the route runner Lockett was coming out of Kansas State. His impact will be primarily on special teams cause he is on the bottom of the playmaker depth chart and may only see 5-6 targets a game and catch 3-4 balls a game.

Seattle has a need at wide receiver (third/fourth option) but Swain will be more trusted than Eskridge this year at receiver.

Hopefully, Eskridge can tilt the field consistently and contribute largely as the KR/PR on special teams cause he will almost certainly will not see many targets in games, think Seattle’s version of Tavon Austin but to use a second rounder on him a as quite questionable.

100%
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Thu May 13, 2021 4:43 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information