Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/CorbinSmithNFL/status/1388613857216655363[/tweet]

Now THAT'S a twist.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I actually think Hutchinson might have something to do with this. Put your young, mauling guard next to an elite left tackle and have a monstrous left side OL.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Nice. That is interesting.

I don't have the football IQ to explain the move, but I'm sure they have a good reason!

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Doesnt make sense to move a second year player who excelled at rg to lg when the guy you acquired can do both. Seems typical though. Care more about the left side than the right. Over the years they have done this consistently. Thats why the right has always been weak compared to the right. Why draft someone as a predominately rg? Either way we would be fine. I think Lewis can play anywhere, but I was thinking lewis at center. Then the left is brown, jackson and lewis. Solid. Oh well.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Not difficult to switch from left to right at guard. It’s more important to develop chemistry with who you are playing next to.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
It's a curious move seeing as Lewis played well at RG. But having him be next to Duane Brown covering his blindside is also exciting. I think the OL is going to be drastically improved this coming year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I trust the coaches, we are all watching from the couch. They will have two very good Guards, can't imagine it matters much which side they are on. And if Solari wants it to happen, that's more than good enough for me. He's one of the best O Line coaches in the league, period.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":40y3s9j0 said:
Doesnt make sense to move a second year player who excelled at rg to lg when the guy you acquired can do both. Seems typical though. Care more about the left side than the right. Over the years they have done this consistently. Thats why the right has always been weak compared to the right. Why draft someone as a predominately rg? Either way we would be fine. I think Lewis can play anywhere, but I was thinking lewis at center. Then the left is brown, jackson and lewis. Solid. Oh well.
I was thinking along the same lines here, though on has to ponder where Stone & Lestage are going to be tried out.
Over all though, the way things are shaking out, I think that our Offensive line is going to become top notch in the next year or two. :vodka:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This was something I predicted when I posted Jackson to the roster page (that Jackson was probably a RG). He's played at RG the past several seasons while on the Raiders.

Lewis is young and has played both G positions before along with playing at C. I think he will do just fine with the position change.

It'd give the team a stronger moline by spreading the experience evenly across the line.

Jville

Reaction score
I think this is good news.

Pete Carroll mentioned a couple of times during the press conference his intent to get Cedric Ogbuehi a better opportunity to compete for a starting job. With veteran Gabe Jackson already penciled in as the starting right guard, we should see a spirited competition between Cedric and Brandon Shell for that starting job at right tackle. Carroll says he is interested in exploring Cedric's up side. The right side of the offensive line should click and be an upgrade in 2021. All three of those linemen are seasoned veterans and all at 29 years of age are in their prime.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
jammerhawk":a3lsz45s said:
This was something I predicted when I posted Jackson to the roster page (that Jackson was probably a RG). He's played at RG the past several seasons while on the Raiders.

Lewis is young and has played both G positions before along with playing at C. I think he will do just fine with the position change.

It'd give the team a stronger moline by spreading the experience evenly across the line.

I love the idea of Lewis being bookended by Brown and Pocic. The synergy should be off the charts. Lewis gets aided in his pass protection by an elite left tackle, Pocic gets help in the run game by a road grader in Lewis, and Gabe gets to stay comfortable at right guard.

I'm REAL pumped to see the left side of the line in the run game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, listening to Ray Roberts (who actually played the game for years) agreeing with the move, made me feel fine about it. That guy has been there done that. And he has zero problems making it known if he doesn't like something.
Between him and Solari, I'm good with it. Fans on the couch vs. actual guys who played in the league.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Not that my opinion means anything, but I like it. For those lamenting the lack of a center picked up either via the draft or free agency, I believe Lewis is the center of the future. If Pocic goes down or falters this year, they will plug in Lewis. Starting next year regardless of what happens at center, Lewis will be the center going forward.

hoxrox

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":syxs132h said:
Not that my opinion means anything, but I like it. For those lamenting the lack of a center picked up either via the draft or free agency, I believe Lewis is the center of the future. If Pocic goes down or falters this year, they will plug in Lewis. Starting next year regardless of what happens at center, Lewis will be the center going forward.

On a short practice week, he played surprisingly well in his only start at center. We ended up winning that game too. It's nice to have that option when and if the need arises.

misfit

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":eb3acrjn said:
Im fine w/ him at c or lg long term but I would like to see them put him at one position at stick to it. I dont want to see him get moved around his whole career.