Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UDFA Tracker

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
UDFA Tracker
Sat May 01, 2021 3:38 pm
  • Posting the UDFA's here.

Tamorrion Terry to Seattle

Canadian OL Pier-Olivier Lestage to Seattle

Jared Hocker, OG out of Texas A&M to Seattle

Bryan Mills CB to Seattle

RB BJ Emmons signing with Seattle

RB Josh Johnson

WR Cade Johnson to Seattle

Army LB Jon Rhattigan, as expected

Stanford WR/KR Connor Wedington to Seattle

Cal OT Jake Curhan to Seattle

OL Greg Eiland out of Miss. State

DT Jarrod Hewitt to Seattle

Last edited by Maelstrom787 on Sat May 01, 2021 9:47 pm, edited 12 times in total.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Re: UDFA Blitz About to Begin
Sat May 01, 2021 3:51 pm
  • Pre-UDFA Watchlist:

Dylan Moses, LB, Alabama
    Cade Johnson, WR, SDSU
    DJ Daniel, CB, Georgia
    Tamorrion Terry, WR, FSU
    Whop Philyor, WR, Indiana
    Dave Moore, OG, Grambling
    Jared Hocker, OG, Texas A&M
    Javian Hawkins, RB, Louisville
    Jaquan Hardy, RB, Tiffin
    Marvin Wilson, DT, FSU
    Trill Williams, S, Syracuse
    Darius Stills, DT, WVU
    Jon Rhattigan, LB, Army
    Jamie Newman, QB, Wake Forest
    Charles Snowden, Edge, Virginia
    Josh Imatorbhebhe, WR, Illinois
    Alaric Jackson, OT, Iowa
    Sadarious Hutcherson, OG, South Carolina
    Hamilcar Rashed Jr., LB, Oregon State
    Last edited by Maelstrom787 on Sat May 01, 2021 9:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Re: UDFA Tracker
Sat May 01, 2021 5:12 pm
  • I'm seeing multiple locations saying Alaric Jackson has signed with the Rams.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat May 01, 2021 5:16 pm

Sat May 01, 2021 5:24 pm

Sat May 01, 2021 5:25 pm
  • These are the guys I root for. Bring 'em in with a huge chip on their shoulder and watch the fireworks.
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Sat May 01, 2021 5:26 pm
  • WmHBonney wrote:These are the guys I root for. Bring 'em in with a huge chip on their shoulder and watch the fireworks.

Hell yes! Spots are open this year...let 'em get to work and earn some PT!!!
    RockinHawks
    NET Veteran

Sat May 01, 2021 5:39 pm
  • Someone linked the Senior DB vs WR drills and I like we got Cade Johnson… underrated UDFA pickup.. (Tre Brown is sticky I like him. Eskridge looking like what PH was supposed to be)

Go take a look at the Tre brown thread and WATCH Cade Johnson.
    JPatera76
    NET Veteran

Sat May 01, 2021 6:10 pm
  • WRs Cade Johnson and Tamorrion Terry sound like they have a good shot at making the roster.

DK
    Lockett
    Eskridge
    Johnson
    Terry
    Swain
    massari
    NET Veteran

Sat May 01, 2021 6:11 pm
  • Hot dam, we got Snowden ! I just hope they play him at the will position.

Wildly impressed. :0190l:
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Sat May 01, 2021 6:14 pm
  • I'm finding the Bears signed Snowden?
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

Sat May 01, 2021 6:17 pm
  • Hot dam, we got Snowden ! I just hope they play him at the will position.

Wildly impressed. :0190l:
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Sat May 01, 2021 6:28 pm
  • Charles is a guy I put on the Pre-UDFA watchlist. He's a Bear.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Sat May 01, 2021 6:59 pm
  • Yup ! Bears :34853_doh:
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Sat May 01, 2021 7:13 pm

Sat May 01, 2021 7:24 pm
  • Very good news that we managed to land both Johnson and Terry after drafting Eskridge. They were both expected to be taken early on day 3 and will provide major competition at our depth WR spots.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Sat May 01, 2021 7:57 pm
  • Unbelievable! The UDFA WR haul is incredible! Ursua & Jamarco Jones are going to get cut.
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

Sat May 01, 2021 8:09 pm

Sat May 01, 2021 8:11 pm
  • AgentDib wrote:Very good news that we managed to land both Johnson and Terry after drafting Eskridge. They were both expected to be taken early on day 3 and will provide major competition at our depth WR spots.

Connor Wedington is a stud! Johnson, Wedington, and Terry won’t be shocked if all 3 make the 53. Freddie Swain has some serious competition! PR & KR is going to be one hell of a competition. We got RB’s, WR’s, & CB’s studs for special teams to play along side stud LB’s. Wow Seattle sure stepped it up this year!
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

Sat May 01, 2021 8:24 pm
  • That Connor Wedington kid graduated from Sumner High School 40 years after I did! I think this might be the very first Sumner Spartan to sign with an NFL team, so he's immediately my very first adopt-a-rookie. :2thumbs:
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Sat May 01, 2021 8:44 pm
  • Hmm. I wonder if my old #30 jersey is around if Emmons makes the team...

Curhan and Eliand are both over 330. Along with Gabe Jackson, that's a lot of beef coming to town.
    Own The West
    NET Veteran

Sat May 01, 2021 8:55 pm

• Jarrod Hewitt DT Virginia Tech
    Own The West
    NET Veteran

Sat May 01, 2021 9:29 pm
  • This seems like the strongest UDFA group in several years. And the Hawks need some inexpensive talent. They have frighteningly few players under contract next season.
    nanomoz
    NET Veteran

Sat May 01, 2021 11:03 pm
  • Luckily, the salary cap will greatly expand next season so we'll be able to offer contracts for next season and beyond that players will actually accept.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Sun May 02, 2021 12:00 am
  • Fascinating what a focus on the offense there was in the draft and the undrafted class.

Could anyone have imagined 6 weeks into last season??

Separately Cade Johnson not playing this past year makes it a fascinating pickup
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Sun May 02, 2021 12:27 am
  • i wonder what year pete n john take a flier on a qb somewhere in rounds 2-4?
    Rule
    NET Practice Squad

Sun May 02, 2021 1:05 am
  • Rule wrote:i wonder what year pete n john take a flier on a qb somewhere in rounds 2-4?

I don't think they'll do it until they're resolved to get rid of Russell in his advanced years, especially after Schneider watching his old team fall into absolute chaos as a result of taking a quarterback high.

Sure, Green Bay did it in the first, but still.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Sun May 02, 2021 7:11 am
  • Very impressive group we have coming in. That Lestage is like a bulldog! He stays with it. I expect he'll find a difference in competition level but he sure has a competent mindset and the bulk to go with it. Takes on 2 guys pretty often.
    I'd be surprised if we don't see some of these guys get PT.
    Went in with 3 picks and turned that into what looks like a windfall class.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Sun May 02, 2021 9:19 am

Sun May 02, 2021 9:56 am
  • The number of times Lestage ends up on the ground on top of the defender raises hopes.
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran

Sun May 02, 2021 11:27 am
  • Not having draft picks and wanting depth at OL & WR was the perfect combo for Seattle to convince those UDFA’s to come to Seattle. Terry saw Seattle had 1 big WR, the Small WR’s saw 3 open roster spots, The OL saw back guards Haynes & Simmons with the practice squad expansion.
    Also it was critical that the 2019 & 2020 drafts most of those players are still thriving on the team.
    FresnoHawk68
    NET Veteran

Sun May 02, 2021 11:36 am
  • I can't hardly believe we actually drafted an O-lineman who has played on an O-line before. Rhymes-with-Unable would probably be turning over in his grave right now if he wasn't still alive.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Sun May 02, 2021 12:26 pm
  • Pier-Olivier Lestage is a great name, because we can call him PO'd Lestage. Playing style reminds me of Breno Giacomini who always attacked off the line with a big-time PO'd attitude.
    Ruminator
    NET Veteran

Sun May 02, 2021 12:33 pm

Sun May 02, 2021 12:34 pm

• This clip features Jake Curhan (1:52). Not impressed.

On the other hand, if any Pocic fans want to see Creed Humphrey (0:00) and Quinn Mienerz (4:02) get run over by mid-rounders, it's got that too. :lol:
    Own The West
    NET Veteran

Sun May 02, 2021 2:30 pm
  • Own The West wrote:

This clip features Jake Curhan (1:52). Not impressed.

On the other hand, if any Pocic fans want to see Creed Humphrey (0:00) and Quinn Mienerz (4:02) get run over by mid-rounders, it's got that too. :lol:

People think Meinerz is some sort of plug-and-play guy, as if he's not a D3 lineman with tape that wasn't even amazing against absolute barrel-scraping competition.

Dude's a project. A good one, but a project.

Curhan was fringe draftable, but he's got a heart condition that may or may not end his career early. I'm not surprised he looked bad at guard - he was a right tackle for his entire tenure at Cal, but profiles physically as an NFL guard. I'm not expecting him to hang on, unless he puts it together quickly.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Sun May 02, 2021 6:24 pm

Sun May 02, 2021 7:04 pm
  • My one thing about Lestage is that he never really played against crazy big guys like there are in the NCAA or NFL. He seemed to deal with his opponents with ease. Very interested to see how he does with the big boys.

Love that we got Terry and Cade Johnson though.
    GLio14
    NET Rookie

Sun May 02, 2021 7:58 pm
  • Surprising that Tamorrion Terry and Cade Johnson weren’t drafted. That were highly ranked WRs in all the pre-draft mocks that I saw. I wonder what caused their fall. Glad the Seahawks were able to sign them. Was also hoping for Dylan Moses but he signed with the Jags.
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

Sun May 02, 2021 8:06 pm
  • Those aren’t pancakes, Lestate’s waffling those guys!
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Sun May 02, 2021 9:42 pm
  • From what I'm seeing, "le stage" in French translates roughly to "the internship/training" in English. Seems rather appropriate, no?
    Somos doces
    NET Practice Squad

Sun May 02, 2021 11:51 pm
  • Value wise, I think the hawks got those draft picks back with the UDFAs (Outside of the round 1 value).

The Hawks did an amazing job with at least trying to pick up some OL/Cb help.

Terry is DK Jr!! This WR core will go down as the best ever in the NFL!
    Spohawks
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon May 03, 2021 2:52 pm
  • Spohawks wrote:Value wise, I think the hawks got those draft picks back with the UDFAs (Outside of the round 1 value).

Corps*
    HawkStrong
    NET Veteran

Mon May 03, 2021 3:58 pm
  • HawkStrong wrote:
    Spohawks wrote:Value wise, I think the hawks got those draft picks back with the UDFAs (Outside of the round 1 value).

Corps*

Unless the reference is to only the core of the corps.
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

Mon May 03, 2021 7:35 pm
  • Spohawks wrote:Value wise, I think the hawks got those draft picks back with the UDFAs (Outside of the round 1 value).

Wrong, Terry is Randy Moss like but not as good hands.
    nwHawk
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Tue May 04, 2021 12:24 pm
  • He's Lockett quick, but not Lockett fast. But...watch the rep at 3:24, then the reverse angle since you'll be going, "How did he catch that?"

Own The West
    NET Veteran

Tue May 04, 2021 12:29 pm
  • Same series with Eskridge. Crazy fast, but all improv.

Own The West
    NET Veteran

Tue May 04, 2021 6:03 pm
  • GLio14 wrote:My one thing about Lestage is that he never really played against crazy big guys like there are in the NCAA or NFL. He seemed to deal with his opponents with ease. Very interested to see how he does with the big boys.

Love that we got Terry and Cade Johnson though.

Take this for what it's worth but he played in a conference vs Laval who have been a Canadian powerhouse. If you see highlights of him pancaking guys in red and gold coloured jerseys that actually might mean something.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

Thu May 06, 2021 12:39 pm
  • figured id offer my opinion / evaluation of Terry since im a lifelong FSU fan a well as a Hawk fan so ive seen all of his college games. Will say of course im excited anytime a Nole becomes a Hawk but there is a reason he wasn't drafted.

He has all of the size and potential so its a great signing for an UDFA. But theres just complete games and even complete parts of a season where he just completely disappears. He really struggles catching slants and really anything besides the deep ball. At least on this team that's all he would be used for anyway as Russ doesn't throw intermediate or short routes it seems so the strengths do line up. But he is good for a key third down drop at least once a game. His ball handling is also a concern, very loose when running with the ball and even lost a bowl game on a big fumble at the end of the game, but far from his only occurrence. On the good side I believe he led the country in yards per touchdown catch and at small times looked like he could be unstoppable. But then he would follow up a special play with just as big a drop. It was very frustrating to watch.

Again he has the skill but I don't think he has the want to. Hes definitely more flash than substance. For a guy who calls himself scary Terry and came out wearing a purge mask he definitely didn't live up to the name. And while I wouldn't say he was a locker room cancer he definitely wasn't a team guy either. He even got released from the team half way through the season last year.

I think its a good signing but would have been a bad draft pick based on where a lot of people saw him going. If he can fix his mind he could be a huge surprise. If anyone else follows FSU you know the program has been a disaster since before Jimbo left and the team is pretty bad. Hoping his inconsistencies come more from frustration and just being part of a bad team then issues within himself.
    classicaaron
    NET Rookie

Thu May 06, 2021 2:20 pm
  • classicaaron wrote:figured id offer my opinion / evaluation of Terry since im a lifelong FSU fan a well as a Hawk fan so ive seen all of his college games. Will say of course im excited anytime a Nole becomes a Hawk but there is a reason he wasn't drafted.

He has all of the size and potential so its a great signing for an UDFA. But theres just complete games and even complete parts of a season where he just completely disappears. He really struggles catching slants and really anything besides the deep ball. At least on this team that's all he would be used for anyway as Russ doesn't throw intermediate or short routes it seems so the strengths do line up. But he is good for a key third down drop at least once a game. His ball handling is also a concern, very loose when running with the ball and even lost a bowl game on a big fumble at the end of the game, but far from his only occurrence. On the good side I believe he led the country in yards per touchdown catch and at small times looked like he could be unstoppable. But then he would follow up a special play with just as big a drop. It was very frustrating to watch.

Again he has the skill but I don't think he has the want to. Hes definitely more flash than substance. For a guy who calls himself scary Terry and came out wearing a purge mask he definitely didn't live up to the name. And while I wouldn't say he was a locker room cancer he definitely wasn't a team guy either. He even got released from the team half way through the season last year.

I think its a good signing but would have been a bad draft pick based on where a lot of people saw him going. If he can fix his mind he could be a huge surprise. If anyone else follows FSU you know the program has been a disaster since before Jimbo left and the team is pretty bad. Hoping his inconsistencies come more from frustration and just being part of a bad team then issues within himself.

:lol: :lol: That bold part was what I thought too.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Sat May 08, 2021 5:30 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information