Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So all we have is 4 linebackers on the team right now?

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Seems like a HUGE hole??
    redeye81
    NET Veteran

• redeye81 wrote:Seems like a HUGE hole??

Question marks at the end of the comment are confusing. Are you asking, or declaring something without really knowing anything?
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran

• redeye81 wrote:Seems like a HUGE hole??

Its not a huge hole they just need to pick up some depth... they can do that with UDFA or with guys that get cut from other teams not a big deal...

LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• LB depth is a concern. Pete mentioned it in their Day 3 presser too saying they had quality guys, but lacked depth.

I thought we'd get an LB in the draft tbh. Brooks and Wagner are solid, but I'm not sold on Barton and I don't think BBK ever sees the field other than ST.
    Own The West
    NET Veteran

• I think they'll be fine. Mayowa and Taylor at SAM will probably end up fine, but I think they'll re-sign KJ. If not, there's plenty of depth out there to sign to get by.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Maelstrom787 wrote:I think they'll be fine. Mayowa and Taylor at SAM will probably end up fine, but I think they'll re-sign KJ. If not, there's plenty of depth out there to sign to get by.

Mayowa and taylor in coverage? I dont think so. They will resign KJ close to summer just like they have the last few years.
    jamescasey1124
    NET Veteran

• jamescasey1124 wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:I think they'll be fine. Mayowa and Taylor at SAM will probably end up fine, but I think they'll re-sign KJ. If not, there's plenty of depth out there to sign to get by.

Mayowa and taylor in coverage? I dont think so. They will resign KJ close to summer just like they have the last few years.

That's not the primary function of the SAM. They need to be able to set an edge. That's why you've seen guys like Bruce Irvin and Barkevious Mingo, who were drafted as pass rushers, man the SAM spot for Seattle over the years. The SAM can easily move to the LEO role in nickel situations.

KJ's unique in that he can do pretty much anything, but Mayowa and Taylor are both guys that at least somewhat fit the profile, and PC/JS are already talking about looking at Taylor there. Mayowa has actually played SAM before in his career.

Here's what the alignment looks like in a standard Seattle 4-3 under.

In the prevalent "Bear" front that Seattle has recently been using as a base, the SAM lines up around the wide-9 end area. Edge setting is paramount.

KJ worked well in that role... but, it can be much more. That role can have a serious pass rush impact if played by a serious pass rusher.
    Last edited by Maelstrom787 on Mon May 03, 2021 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• I'm not concerned with "huge holes" in May. If this was August, it would be a concern.
    KiwiHawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Own The West wrote:LB depth is a concern. Pete mentioned it in their Day 3 presser too saying they had quality guys, but lacked depth.

I thought we'd get an LB in the draft tbh. Brooks and Wagner are solid, but I'm not sold on Barton and I don't think BBK ever sees the field other than ST.

We had three picks.

People were saying we needed.

WR
    CB
    LB
    O Line
    DT

We got three out of the 5, only had so many picks and each trade means you losing quality level most times or giving up more future assets.

I think John and Pete want to hang on to some of them going forward and didn't like sitting on the sidelines most this draft.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I know that it is more in depth and complex than this simple statement, but the box safety that is Jamal Adams will be able to do a lot of the things a LB would do in the 4-2-5 that seems to be panned for 2021.
    BASF
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue May 11, 2021 12:50 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information