Experts at MSN give our Draft a C-

groundchucklives

Reaction score
here is what hey had to say about it:

Seattle Seahawks

Given they only had three picks ... pretty flabbergasting – to QB Russell Wilson and The 12's – that their highest one was used for a wide receiver, D'Wayne Eskridge in Round 2. It should be noted that G Gabe Jackson was plucked from the Raiders (and later extended) for a fifth-rounder in March. But it remains to be seen if S Jamal Adams was worth a pair of Round 1 choices – though the Seahawks tend to muck those up anyway – especially given how he was picked on by the Rams in the playoffs. Grade: C-

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Time will tell.

They went into the draft handcuffed.
Fingers crossed these guys pan out.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
When "experts" coupled with "MSN" or "CNN" or "Fox Sports" or "ESPN" or etc., it is likely a misnomer.

Their conclusions are just as ignorant as anyone else's outside of the Seahawks organization. And nobody (including the FO) ultimately knows how it will turn out. Anyone who confidently says they do is just making noise.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Anyone bemoaning the selection of a wide receiver as a non-need either isn't aware of the state of the depth chart or unaware of the importance of the WR3 position.

Having 3 solid receiving options is truly a prerequisite to success in today's NFL.

Draft grades by media outlets are almost comedic in how bad they are. Barely even surface-level analysis.

Own The West

Reaction score
So their review is they don't know about the Adams trade?

And why would Russell and the 12's be flabbergasted by a weapon at a position of need?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pete and John definitely drafted for need, they knew they had 2-3 key positions to address.

So that's what they did, slot/speed WR/returner, CB that can compete for a starting job.........and a tackle who probably won't play a whole lot, but that can be slowly developed into a starter.

This is how I grade drafts, did we address important needs vs. best available talent with biggest upside. Both are important, but in a draft where you only have three picks? The former is FAR more important than the latter IMO.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
These are the same type of fools that gave the Hawks an “F” the year Wilson was drafted (and had to go back and change it to an “A”) and give *allas an “A” EVERY YEAR despite them not making a Super Bowl or NFCCG for the last quarter of a century.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We had 3 picks.

There really wasn't enough to grade.

In 3 picks you are fortunate if 1 in 3 work out for you.

Anyone expecting much from this draft hasn't reviewed our history.

Our entire MO is maximizing chances to win by getting a lot of picks.

If 1 of these 3 pan out, we probably beat our own average.

With the holes we had, 1 player wasn't going to move the needle.

This draft was more an 'I" than a "C"

James in PA

Reaction score
Meanwhile, let me guess, the experts gave Dallas their usual A+ grade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
I want to know WTF said all those guys were experts, half are Internet hacks.

Most the traditional guys that I at least know do homework gave them a decent grade.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
chris98251":2gyrxbq4 said:

Most the traditional guys that I at least know do homework gave them a decent grade.

Half? C'mon Chris, that's a bit too generous.

chris98251

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":pty3on5n said:
chris98251":pty3on5n said:

Half? C'mon Chris, that's a bit too generous.

Sorry didn't want to appear to Negative, you know that brings out our never say anything positive crowd.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
They qualified their analysis in the first sentence, "With only three picks." There is no way they were going to give a glowing review over other teams with far more picks. They would have to justify a good grade on too few players.

toffee

Reaction score
Oh man, a C? I was hoping for a F from experts. When we got F, we went to superbowl a year later. Pete and John has lost the F touching,

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

AgentDib

Reaction score
For those who missed the 538 article yesterday, there is no significant correlation between draft grades and how good your draft was.

"But overall, draft grades explain only 2.1 percent of the variation in team drafting performance — i.e., the primary thing they are trying to measure."

Getting a certain draft grade isn't a bad thing and it isn't a good thing; it's a completely meaningless thing.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
AgentDib":2do8wskw said:
For those who missed the 538 article yesterday, there is no significant correlation between draft grades and how good your draft was.

"But overall, draft grades explain only 2.1 percent of the variation in team drafting performance — i.e., the primary thing they are trying to measure."

Getting a certain draft grade isn't a bad thing and it isn't a good thing; it's a completely meaningless thing.

This is because those experts are so expert at rating drafts. Truly they are experts who have expertise in what they're talking about and we should listen to their expertise more.

Rat

Reaction score
This team has made picks that were rightfully criticized as well.

Some of you get weirdly mad about grades. They're just predictions. Even the people who have spent their entire adult lives scouting, and get paid millions by billion dollar organizations get them wrong more often than not. The draft is hard.

Nunya

Reaction score
Rat":g8qtxrgp said:
This team has made picks that were rightfully criticized as well.

Some of you get weirdly mad about grades. They're just predictions. Even the people who have spent their entire adult lives scouting, and get paid millions by billion dollar organizations get them wrong more often than not. The draft is hard.

Not according to some on this board. Heck, some people here think a team can trade up or down when they want....be able to pick an absolute steal of a player 2 rounds below where they were predicted to go....and that everything the "pundits" say/write is 100% researched fact.