Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yeah, yeah, another Wilson topic...

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Yeah, yeah, another Wilson topic...
Tue May 04, 2021 4:09 pm
  • Just happened to stumble on this CBS article about the Bronco's potential attempt to make a run on Aaron Rodgers, and I found this line interesting:

Before landing Bridgewater, Silver reports, Paton attempted to land Matthew Stafford, who went from the Lions to the Rams; inquired about free agent Andy Dalton, who signed with the Bears; and considered pursuing both the Texans' Deshaun Watson and Seahawks' Russell Wilson, "whose teams declined to engage." Then, on draft day, as news of Rodgers' growing discontent with the Packers began to spread, Paton found a big reason to consider a move down from the Broncos' No. 9 overall selection.

Just have to ask, if anyone seriously thinks Seattle was considering a Wilson trade, and as close as some of these dittoheads seem to think a Bears deal might happen, then why the hell would Seattle not at least have TALKED to Denver? I know, Wilson's supposed list, but even talking to Denver could've driven up the Bears offer. Just more media $h!t.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/broncos-considered-russell-wilson-pursuit-trade-down-with-saints-to-help-run-at-aaron-rodgers-per-report/
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Re: Yeah, yeah, another Wilson topic...
Tue May 04, 2021 6:25 pm
  • I might be the only one but I still think it was definitely over-dramatized especially at a time where it was a dry period for news (maximize clickbait opportunities) but it was also the only thing going on that was possibly big enough to swallow Watson’s legal issues. It’s funny either side could have easily squashed it but never did. Now that everything has died down, Wilson drama, draft drama, enter Aaron Rodgers stealing the headlines.

Am I accusing the NFL pandering to protect its billion dollar business? Not necessarily but it’s plausible.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

Tue May 04, 2021 7:21 pm
  • Are we NOW believing the media? Interesting......

Nobody knows, but when you have reliable insiders saying it, there might be something to it

Tony Pauline from the same source that told him the Seahawks were looking to trade Frank Clark:
    "Was told by someone close with the situation yesterday that the Seahawks want to trade Russell Wilson as much as Wilson wants out of Seattle"

"will be tough to trade this year because of Wilson's salary cap number"

"if they can't move him this year, it will be Wilson's final season in Seattle"
    massari
    NET Veteran

Tue May 04, 2021 9:33 pm
  • massari wrote:Are we NOW believing the media? Interesting......

Nobody knows, but when you have reliable insiders saying it, there might be something to it

Tony Pauline from the same source that told him the Seahawks were looking to trade Frank Clark:
    "Was told by someone close with the situation yesterday that the Seahawks want to trade Russell Wilson as much as Wilson wants out of Seattle"

"will be tough to trade this year because of Wilson's salary cap number"

"if they can't move him this year, it will be Wilson's final season in Seattle"

Quoting 'Seattle isn't talking' doesn't get clicks. This line wouldn't have been written a month ago. Now the media is more interested in an Aaron Rodgers deal, so they don't care if this is in the story.

I rarely believe sports media with an ulterior motive.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue May 04, 2021 10:51 pm
  • Russ had a list! Downplay it all you want but he had a freaking list of teams he was okay with being traded to. That's not "where there is smoke, there is fire", down to 4 teams is late stage negotiations.
    However
    Russ is back
    The team is overall better
    The Hawks will make the playoffs again
    All is well
    Spohawks
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed May 05, 2021 7:44 am
  • My goodness, Rodgers is acting like a 5 year old, and now we get to talk about the Russ stuff again? :?
    How Lord Rodgers is acting is WAY worse than anything Russ did, which was minimal.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed May 05, 2021 3:29 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:My goodness, Rodgers is acting like a 5 year old, and now we get to talk about the Russ stuff again? :?
    How Lord Rodgers is acting is WAY worse than anything Russ did, which was minimal.

And yet, who knows how much is actually Rodgers and how much is media sensationalizing every word in order to generate sales and clicks?

Remember, sports media is the birthplace of "fake news". Half the crap many outlets report (probably even more so since the invent of the internet and bloggers) is completely wrong or sensationalized.
    Nunya
    NET Rookie

It is currently Sat May 08, 2021 7:04 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information